hello
30 March 2003
London -> New York -> San Francisco
Liverpool FC
One that my mouth is watering majorly for at the moment:

The Sony XL1 Media Center PC

Sony-Vaio-XL1.jpg

:shock:

Has the usual Media Center PC components as well as HDMI hookup, WiFi, Wireless Keyboard etc...

But what makes this different is the 200 disc DVD changer :mrgreen: - u use it for multi-disc burning - i.e. leave it on and it'll record for days!

Only prob? It costs $2300 :(

Any other expensive gadgets you lot are drooling over? ;)

Last edited:
Yeah I want that as well, I looked all over but cant find any info about it selling in UK, would be great to connect to my TV :)

I watched the other week when they were doing that camera thing, at the snowdome in Tamworth!! (where I'm from). It was good though, if it wasn't on so damn late I'd watch it more.

Unless the one I watched was a repeat?

This is just soo f***in cool....

http://www.marksandspencer.com/IWCa...chant_Id=1&Section_Id=8349&Product_Id=1900505

T094480C.jpg

USB Powered Air Darts

£19.50 3 for the price of 2 on selected mix and match items (UCAETZX)

Product code: T094480

• Powered by your mac or pc, you'll have hours of flying fun with these USB air darts. Let the mission begin!
  • Control the aim and the firing mechanism of the darts via your computer mouse
  • Cylindrical base
  • 3 darts
  • USB powered
  • Software included

Lol re:usb air darts.....plenty of fun to keep nosy parkers away from something dodgy on your comp screen!!

Might have to sell the iPod video now...

This was revealed at the CES by Toshiba:

The Gigabeat S-Series
http://www.dapreview.net/news.php?extend.2788

toshiba_s_2.jpg

toshiba_s_5.jpg

To the basics,
2.4" screen - still small but bigger than the iPod
15-20hrs audio and 6hrs for video
WMV,WMA,AVI,MP3 playback
Video out (I think it was built in actually :) )
FM Radio!

Also, check out this video:
http://www.engadget.com/videos/ces06/EngCES06_GigabeatS.mov
Its using a version of Windows making it perfectly compatible with Media Center products. Check out the transition effect between screens (beeauutiful!)

Last edited:
I WANT ONE!!

3060000000057093301x5516tn.jpg

8125534329big.jpg

5525_large.jpg

Taken from Firebox:

The advances in digital technology are getting silly now, aren't they? Just when you were getting used to the idea of mountains of music on the move, boffins go and shoehorn video capability into the next generation of portable media players. So now, as well as listening to your favourite tunes, you can watch your favourite movies and videos, anytime, anyplace.

But who says you have to go picking Apples to find the best machine? Our good friends at Creative don't because the jaw-droppingly impressive Zen Vision:M does everything the iGods of this world can and more.

p1316ex3.gif

Indeed without wishing to upset the Apple cart, we believe the supremely chic Creative Zen Vision:M is up there with the cream of the competition. For starters, this 30GB pocket-sized powerhouse stores up to 120 hours of video or 15,000 songs, plus tens of thousands of photos. And like all things Creative it boasts an FM radio and voice recorder.

p1316ex1.jpg

Featuring a highly intuitive vertical touch pad with a customisable shortcut button, the Vision:M is a doddle to use and its ultra sleek styling is a pleasure to behold. Talking of looking good, the Vision:M's gorgeous 2.5" screen is one of the best we've seen for its size. Indeed in recent comparison tests, Shaggy looked sharper, Britney looked brighter and Clooney looked clearer.

p1316ex2.jpg

If you're worried that the Vision:M won't support your fave format, worry not. Video-wise this versatile viewer supports WMV9, MPEG1/2/4-SP, Motion-JPEG, DivX® 4/5 and XviD. Music lovers won't be disappointed either, as the Vision:M will play MP3, WMA and WAV. Album art aficionados and fans of digital photography can view things via JPEG (BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF). Phew!

Of course there's no point having such a capacious, feature-packed player if the power packs up after a few vids. Thankfully the Creative is equipped with a battery that delivers video playtimes of up to four hours (doubling the performance of its whiter than white rival) and up to 14 hours with audio. So unless your daily commute lasts longer than the average Lord of the Rings movie (in which case you should be looking for a new job, not a new gizmo) you'll have plenty of juice to spare.

Apart from a set of Ferrari keys wrapped in a wad of million pound notes, we can think of no better object to put in your pocket than the Zen Vision:M. This beautifully-engineered piece of kit does the lot - and it does it for longer. In fact, to buy or not to buy is a complete no brainer. What do you think of them Apples?

Price: around £250

http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/zenvisionm/

Last edited:
Nice, who worte the article, as they sure do hate Apple LOL!
Is the screen on the Zen bigger than the iPod video?

The Vision:M is a nice piece of kit. I need a 60gb version before I'd be tempted though and it's a bit on the chunky side, only a bit mind.

Not sure what's worse, though, Apple fanboys or Apple haters.

hmmm.....
103357149_ebe5a6a8c71.jpg

The new video iPod? - there was an image like this (of an early production model) prior to the 5G release so it may be real (or a very very good fake).

Personally, I reckon its not a video iPod but maybe a Apple PDA? or tablet PC?

I really doubt Apple will release a new generation iPod so soon after the 5G(!)

More images to think about:

video_ipod_fake.jpg

video_ipod_fake2.jpg

engadget said:
Ok everyone, what do you think the odds are that Apple so nonchalantly let loose some images of the full-screen iPod video the very day after ThinkSecret's supposed confirmation on the video iPod hit the wires? Did we mention the Photoshop metadata in the images' EXIF tags? No, we're not at all prepared to call this a "leak," but we'll definitely attest to this being a very nice rendering of what we hope could be the 6G iPod.

rockykabir said:
One that my mouth is watering majorly for at the moment:

The Sony XL1 Media Center PC

Sony-Vaio-XL1.jpg

:shock:

Has the usual Media Center PC components as well as HDMI hookup, WiFi, Wireless Keyboard etc...

But what makes this different is the 200 disc DVD changer :mrgreen: - u use it for multi-disc burning - i.e. leave it on and it'll record for days!

Only prob? It costs $2300 :(

Any other expensive gadgets you lot are drooling over? ;)

This is omcing next month, but without the disc changer, so only the thing on the left " 999 pounds/

The Sony XL1 Media Center PC isnt as good as it seems. The specs on the PC are pretty weak. My media center pc is miles better than it in most, if not all areas. The only thing thats good about this is the 200 disc changer and the look of it.

There are many cheaper alternatives to this.

It actually looks good.
It uses the dual core Intel Chips which is very good. Dell sell their topend PC's with these CPU's. It also has a GFX card that can output HDCP which not many, if any in can do in UK, this is vital for Vista possibly, and Blu-Ray/HD DVD viewing. The RAM is nothing special, 1GB but for Home Cinema duties it will cope, and the thing is also really quiet which is a bonus. Its £999, but I'm pretty sure other companies will sell them at £850 at release. Plus they save you from building the setup yourself, plus it looks cool, and will fit nicely under your TV along with your other equipment.

And the 200 Disc changer isnt coming to UK anyway, but in CES they showed a 200 BR Disc Changer.

But @ £850-1k you can still make a decent system, it depends really what you do. If its jsut for Media facilities like DVD's, PVR etc its perfect, and quiet which is very important.

rockykabir said:
hmmm.....
103357149_ebe5a6a8c71.jpg

The new video iPod? - there was an image like this (of an early production model) prior to the 5G release so it may be real (or a very very good fake).

Personally, I reckon its not a video iPod but maybe a Apple PDA? or tablet PC?

I really doubt Apple will release a new generation iPod so soon after the 5G(!)

Confirmed fake:

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/5615/New_ipod_video_Faked_pictues

Got a Zen Vision:M from the states after much debate. Was thinking to get the Zune, but the video codec support won it for me. $199 for 30GB isn't bad :)

I've been salivating over gadgets all month... Don't know why. I'm really, really craving for a laptop. For no apparent reason. Perhaps I'm pregnant...

I've been salivating over gadgets all month... Don't know why. I'm really, really craving for a laptop. For no apparent reason. Perhaps I'm pregnant...

Maybe just broody, tell me has anyone you know recently purchased a laptop?

Nope - I've just started doing a bit more work than usual lately and been fantasising about getting a laptop and going to the park to do some spreadsheets.

Just before someone twats me over the head and steals it, that is.

On the Gadget front I'm updating our Companies mobiles and thinking of getting a couple of Nokia N95's for me and another colleague as we take a lot of digital shots in our line of work and I like the idea of never being without a decent camera!!
Have both an N80 and a 6680 and was thinking of moving to Sony E's untill I saw the blurb for this,can anyone recomend it or a good alternative contract runs out this month!!

N95 is a great phone having played with it, lots of video support.

What Sony E's do you talk about?

the Sony Ericsson's K810i's when they come out with the K800's till then, always been a Nokia owner for the good reception and have always been told they are the best for business. Never had a Sony E' and like the look of the N95 and we will get 2 free if we switch back to 02 but will have to fork out £200 for any others we want, but as the others do not really need or will use the rest of the stuff on there they can make do with N73's ;)

I have the K800i, and I like it, K810i is the same phone, just an upgrade aesthetically really.

But I would still reccomend the N95, fricking amazing! I will defo get that when my upgrade is due in another 12 months, hopefully will be free by then. But then the N99 will be out by then LOL....

Back
Top Bottom