Game Pad for PC

S

Sleepwalker

One of the great assets of the PS2 for me is it's gamepad. I would love to use them on PES5 with my Laptop. Is there a device/connection that makes this possible?

Yeah you can buy USB adaptors that let you hook up your PS2/Xbox/GC gamepad to your PC.

There are a few brands. Some even let you hook 2 pads or more.

SmartJoy seems to be the most popular brand.

Sleepwalker said:
One of the great assets of the PS2 for me is it's gamepad. I would love to use them on PES5 with my Laptop. Is there a device/connection that makes this possible?

You can also play with a gamepad for pc, that has the same feels configuration of a playstation2 gamepad.
The thrustmaster dual power 3 is fantastic, and for me, is more better impugnable respect the ps2 gamepad:

pc_dual_power2.gif

It has also other two feels Under it, that you can configure as SELECT and as START...

I got the Logitech Dual Action. Great thing too. Although my first one had a factory fault in it (right analogue stick doesn't repond after a while). But I replaced it at the store where I bought it, and now I use it with joy.

Best gamepad you can get for PC is Logitech Rumblepad 2 (its almost a clone of the original sony ps2 controller) ..

although logitech dual action seems like a product of good quality, it has a left stick calibration loss problem which was discussed on this forum before. i have one and i dont recommend it. i didnt use logitech rumblepad 2 but i dont think i will buy a logitech gamepad after that dual action crap. in my opinion, the best solution is using an adapter. also thrustmaster dual power 3 can be tried.

cumburlop said:
although logitech dual action seems like a product of good quality, it has a left stick calibration loss problem which was discussed on this forum before. i have one and i dont recommend it. i didnt use logitech rumblepad 2 but i dont think i will buy a logitech gamepad after that dual action crap. in my opinion, the best solution is using an adapter. also thrustmaster dual power 3 can be tried.

I agree with you about Logitech gamepad, and I can said that I've both solutions in my pc:
I have a thrustmaster dual power3 USB for pc, and the adapter with one Playstation2 gamepad; I prefere Thrustmaster because is more confortable as handle respect the playstation2 gamepad...

Sleepwalker said:

Yes, there is! It's called Smart Joy something or other. You can get if from Lik-Sang.com .
I have it, and all you have to do literally just plug and play (after setting the buttons in the option menu of course). It's great if you emulate too.

NickSCFC said:
I can only recommend Logitech ones, the rest are rubbish, and that's not exaggerating either.

Try this one

693883m.jpg

There's also one with vibration.

The thrustmaster is better and more handle...I had a logitech, and It's cracked after 2 month

THE REST IS RUBBISH?!? the logitech is rubbish...

Dual Action is crap, but the Rumblepad 2 is the one which i am talking about. Its by far the best gamepad you can get for PC which has a USB port.

NickSCFC said:
Scrap all of them. Get Xbox 360 wired controller for Windows.

If it's haven't L2 AND R2 buttons as the xbox gamepad is not a good solution for playng PES... I dont have any informations about this...

Energia said:
The thrustmaster is better and more handle...I had a logitech, and It's cracked after 2 month

THE REST IS RUBBISH?!? the logitech is rubbish...

ALL PC gamepads are rubbish. Get the PS2 UBS converting thing, I garuntee you will not be disapointed. Plus it's cheaper than half the crap PC pads.

The only PC game pad that is actually good is this one, you'd have to import it though:
PA.35419.002.jpg

From the Outrun 2 user pic I'm guessing Nick would appreciate it.

Another thing I forgot to mention.
Xbox pads can be easily modded to work with a pc, all it take is about 10 minutes of time. You can find the directions on how to make one and the drivers through a quick google search.

lumlum said:
ALL PC gamepads are rubbish. Get the PS2 UBS converting thing, I garuntee you will not be disapointed. Plus it's cheaper than half the crap PC pads.

The only PC game pad that is actually good is this one, you'd have to import it though:
PA.35419.002.jpg

From the Outrun 2 user pic I'm guessing Nick would appreciate it.

:roll:

I really think, there are people that open his mounth only for give her air....:applause:

Guys the solution is only one PS2 TO PC GAMEPAD CONVERTER ,in greece it cost 15 euro. Its better than the Dual master(i have it too)The DLM buttons after 1 year they dont respond and its better than the Logitecs gamepads cause they have problems with the sticks.Finally pes games its mean to be played with ps2 gamepads.

For the uninformed, the Sega Saturn gamepad has the greatest d-pad in existence.
Unless you play with the analog stick, you should probably try out the d-pad of the controller you consider buying, since it's the hardest part to get right in a controller.

Back
Top Bottom