Gameplay Football: a new promising independent game

I only noticed this now. .. great effort if he had another 30 guys like himself working with him and financial backing he could offer some opposition to the monopoly. I'd defo buy his game if he put it out there!

Agree 100% this guy really does put huge shame on Konami and EA especially.

I downloaded and just tested it and I'm absolutely amazed how solid this is.

I'm in awe! I mean... I thought something like this was impossible to do!.

I will be donating some money for this hero. I want to encourage him to keep going with this in 2016. I'm sure he could use this community to improve everything on the graphical side of the game. While he could work on adding more animations and ball physics. If we could all chip in, ......

.. yep pretty damn solid, this guy deserves a donation - ill give him one.
Better than pes2016..no.. but I get the point.
For me pes2016 is up there technically to the point I like it, ie. manual movement passing shooting etc, including ball physics and collision is how I want it.
Its the AI that now needs to improve. The player positioning (and the sliders that allow for all the changes you can do) in this game that is fantastic :)

Btw, is this game only 8-way, ie. can I only use my d-pad?? tried the analog stick and it doesn't pick it up. Even though I don't mind 8 way, just that id like to use the analog stick for the movement instead of the d-pad.

i didn't test this latest beta yet, but pre release video (from 19.11.) made me little concerned - same issue as pes 2016 = no fouls.

.. im sure fouls are of little concern atm.. main aim is gameplay and ai im guessing. There will be a lot missing from this game, but its about the initial prospect of the game. And so far the game looks like it has a good future (hoping the developer can get more on board to help him out).

.. I really like the pace of the game ;)
Also the camera angles are terrific - the fact that you have so much freedom with zoom, height and perspective means everyone will be able to achieve an angle they like. Pes and Fifa can learn a lot from simple things like this.

Btw, is there a pdf manual anywhere on basic controls etc?? is it analog supported or just d-pad??

Hi guys :) Thought I'd chip in for some quick explanations

First of all, thanks for your positive reactions, really makes my christmas :GSCARF:

For clarity, in its current state, my game is definitely incomplete; referee and goalies suck quite a bit atm, I wanted to get the 'overall feel' right first (and I'm not even there yet, in my own opinion). But I guess it's something :) I just didn't really like the sluggishness of PES/FIFA these days and PES6 (which I'm still playing regularly) is starting to show its age ^_^

I'm going to have to pause this project for a few months first though (have to work on another project, to make a living) so that'll give me some time to consider my options. Maybe after that I'll try to coop with some other coders to speed up the whole thing - it's been taking years so far and it really turned out a little bit too ambitious for my own good :P

Either way, thanks evowebbers for trying my game and have a merry christmas :)

(and yes, you can set everything to full manual, though there's also settings for auto pass/shot & 8-way movement :) (default settings = semi-auto pass/shot, full analog movement (if you have an analog device, of course) ) )

Last edited:
Hi guys :) Thought I'd chip in for some quick explanations

First of all, thanks for your positive reactions, really makes my christmas :GSCARF:

For clarity, in its current state, my game is definitely incomplete; referee and goalies suck quite a bit atm, I wanted to get the 'overall feel' right first (and I'm not even there yet, in my own opinion). But I guess it's something :) I just didn't really like the sluggishness of PES/FIFA these days and PES6 (which I'm still playing regularly) is starting to show its age ^_^

I'm going to have to pause this project for a few months first though (have to work on another project, to make a living) so that'll give me some time to consider my options. Maybe after that I'll try to coop with some other coders to speed up the whole thing - it's been taking years so far and it really turned out a little bit too ambitious for my own good :P

Either way, thanks evowebbers for trying my game and have a merry christmas :)

(and yes, you can set everything to full manual, though there's also settings for auto pass/shot & 8-way movement :) (default settings = semi-auto pass/shot, full analog movement (if you have an analog device, of course) ) )

great to see you here :) and merry chistmas to you too ;)

konami and ea sports should be a shamed by the amount of quality you have made as a single person developer.

btw, i can't start latest beta, cmd window is stuck at "creating geometry".

btw, i can't start latest beta, cmd window is stuck at "creating geometry".

That's a shame, can you tell me what OS, CPU and gfx hardware you have? Also, can you post the last 5 lines from the log.txt file? I'll give it a look tomorrow :)

@tomjaz: not sure if I want to go the crowdfunding route, but I'll certainly consider it :)

I think that your effort is remarkable. What platform and what tools do u use to develop your project ? Do you consider transferring your project to a more "modern" game engine like unity 5 or Unreal Engine 4 ? Maybe making your code open-source so that other programmers-developers-enthusiasts may improve on that?
I find your project very well done as it is now and i would literally pay money to see and understand your code and improve and add from there as it is a good base.

I think that your effort is remarkable. What platform and what tools do u use to develop your project ? Do you consider transferring your project to a more "modern" game engine like unity 5 or Unreal Engine 4 ? Maybe making your code open-source so that other programmers-developers-enthusiasts may improve on that?
I find your project very well done as it is now and i would literally pay money to see and understand your code and improve and add from there as it is a good base.

Thank you :)

I've been using GNU C++ so far (and it's mingw32 variant for windows). I haven't used many tools, except photoshop, 3d studio and my own animation editor. I'm definitely considering switching to a professional engine, since using my own has proven to eat up way too much time -- I think roughly 60 to 80 % of development time has gone into technical stuff that using an engine like Unreal would save me.

I guess 'converting' the whole project to another engine would take quite some time, but I think it may well be worth it in the long run. Especially since engine programming is not really my favorite thing (anymore). And the fun part is, the project that I'll be working on the next few months involves Unreal, so I can assess how much I like it, and learn the basics :)

By the way, about my code; it's not as nice as you seem to think it is :P The thing is, when I started this years ago, I wasn't as good a programmer, so I guess the whole thing could use an overhaul. Which of course is another thing that makes switching to another engine quite attractive -- it's gonna have to be restructured then anyway :) I may also consider going more 'open source' from then on, though I have yet to decide on all that.

Bazkie, you are a legend already, for me anyways.

I think you should consider talking to people like Juce and Sxsxsx from these boards to help you out speeding the process up a little bit, if they're interested, of course. And maybe even people like Tunizizou to create players faces in the future. I know this is not the main aim of the game, hence why I said "future".

How far would you said this project is? 60% maybe 70%?. Some more animations, better ball physics, improving the GKs and ref and that's it?. After you're done with your other project, could you list the things you're definetely going to work on next?

I've been using GNU C++ so far (and it's mingw32 variant for windows). I haven't used many tools, except photoshop, 3d studio and my own animation editor. I'm definitely considering switching to a professional engine, since using my own has proven to eat up way too much time -- I think roughly 60 to 80 % of development time has gone into technical stuff that using an engine like Unreal would save me.

I guess 'converting' the whole project to another engine would take quite some time, but I think it may well be worth it in the long run. Especially since engine programming is not really my favorite thing (anymore). And the fun part is, the project that I'll be working on the next few months involves Unreal, so I can assess how much I like it, and learn the basics :)

By the way, about my code; it's not as nice as you seem to think it is :P The thing is, when I started this years ago, I wasn't as good a programmer, so I guess the whole thing could use an overhaul. Which of course is another thing that makes switching to another engine quite attractive -- it's gonna have to be restructured then anyway :) I may also consider going more 'open source' from then on, though I have yet to decide on all that.

This game has so much potential. Please don't give up on this project. It could be our only hope for a decent football game.

That's a shame, can you tell me what OS, CPU and gfx hardware you have? Also, can you post the last 5 lines from the log.txt file? I'll give it a look tomorrow :)

thanks for quick reply ;)

CPU: amd athlon II x4 2,9ghz
GPU: nvidia gtx650 1gb ddr5

i don't have log file since i deleted game's folder after unsuccessful tryouts to load the game.

Maybe this could be the beginning of a revolution when us 'Hardcore fanboy retards' all create our own game which kicks FIFA and PES's ass. :D

Keep it going man, keep on developing the code for the game as that is clearly what you are super gifted at, the rest, graphics, etc.. can and will be done by others. Just keep researching and developing the AI and code.

This project has potential to succeed on any platform

Who knows :D I'll try klashman69 :D I must say I have always been a loner and a control freak (when it comes to my own 'babies', which this game certainly is), and as such, always have a hard time working together on projects, but I am learning these days, so I think I can get myself to accept more outside help in the next phases of this project :)

Bazkie, you are a legend already, for me anyways.

I think you should consider talking to people like Juce and Sxsxsx from these boards to help you out speeding the process up a little bit, if they're interested, of course. And maybe even people like Tunizizou to create players faces in the future. I know this is not the main aim of the game, hence why I said "future".

How far would you said this project is? 60% maybe 70%?. Some more animations, better ball physics, improving the GKs and ref and that's it?. After you're done with your other project, could you list the things you're definetely going to work on next?

I think 60% would be about right.

The gist of the todo is in three things, first: the metagame: league/cup modes, player transfers, etcetera.

Second would be the conversion - if I choose to go that route - to another engine, including a 'code restructure'.
(and if I wouldn't go that route, the second big thing would be 'working on my game engine')

Third would be the gameplay part, so the GK's, refs, and other gameplay tweaks.

But as said, the next few months, I have to work on another project to make some money (and hopefully learn better to work together, and to learn some Unreal :D )

@MadbaLL: thanks, I'll just see what kind of stuff I do after the 'creating geometry' part, and see if I can catch any obvious bugs that could cause the game to stall there :)

Who knows :D I'll try klashman69 :D I must say I have always been a loner and a control freak (when it comes to my own 'babies', which this game certainly is), and as such, always have a hard time working together on projects, but I am learning these days, so I think I can get myself to accept more outside help in the next phases of this project :)

I think 60% would be about right.

The gist of the todo is in three things, first: the metagame: league/cup modes, player transfers, etcetera.

Second would be the conversion - if I choose to go that route - to another engine, including a 'code restructure'.
(and if I wouldn't go that route, the second big thing would be 'working on my game engine')

Third would be the gameplay part, so the GK's, refs, and other gameplay tweaks.

But as said, the next few months, I have to work on another project to make some money (and hopefully learn better to work together, and to learn some Unreal :D )

@MadbaLL: thanks, I'll just see what kind of stuff I do after the 'creating geometry' part, and see if I can catch any obvious bugs that could cause the game to stall there :)

I think that, whenever you decide to pick up where you left off, it would be nice if you consider providing the necessary tools for the community to empower the game. Like ini files (or whatever it is you use) to tweak the gameplay, or to add/update 3D models, stadium turfs, etc. That way you would have A LOT less work on your own shoulders and at the same time, you wouldn't necessarily be working with anyone else. You just put the game out there along with tools, and then let the community come out with the rest (patches, mods, etc).

Again, these are just suggestions that may or may not be useful to you. But I think they would help you take some weight off your shoulders.

Thank you very much for everything, Sir.

Back
Top Bottom