Gameplay recommendations

davidjm08

Championship
9 September 2018
Hey guys. Has anyone got any recommendations for gameplay? Right now I'm playing full vanilla DP7.

My biggest problem is the skill gap I think or maybe not I really don't know anymore. I can play on Superstar and win but even if I'm Barcelona vs a weaker team like Eibar they have 50+ possession 90%+ passing accuracy, therefore, I don't like playing on it because it's unrealistic for me, I mean I know it's meant to be difficult but I should feel more control and they shouldn't be so perfect still imo. On top player they are still perfect with passing but also they tackle perfectly (worse than superstar) and often make 2 passes and are in on goal. Professional is the worst, I literally cannot win, they are unbelievable at guessing what I'm going to do. Regular is OK, but boring, I win easily but the CPU basically does nothing.

Any recommendations for fun gameplay? I find superstar fun but as said above it's unrealistic at the same time. Also, any ideas why I find it harder on professional than on superstar?

I have tried so many gameplay mods but most just make it harder.

I think it sounds like Superstar is probably right for you. You're playing it, having fun, and winning. When you say the possession stats can be unrealistic, I think this is primarily impacted by your style of play more than anything. For example, I'm having the exact opposite issue, where on Superstar, even if I'm playing as a low level team against Barcelona, I'll have over 60% possession while Barca will have sub-40% with poor passing accuracy. Despite this, I'd bet the results I'm getting are probably worse than yours (I win fairly consistently on kick-off but far from consistently in Master League at present).

My point essentially is that it is certainly possible to stop teams from playing passing, possession football against you (albeit you might not want to, as I do think the opposition is less effective in controlled possession than when counter attacking). I would suggest sticking with Superstar, but rather than setting up a team to win, set it up to win and dominate possession, while also disrupting your opponent with high pressure/gegen-pressing. I promise you it's achievable, and it might be a fun challenge trying to play that way while maintaining your results. If you manage to do so, then you could even try upping to Legendary.

Also, with regards to why you find professional more difficult, the AI will sit back more on this difficulty so if you like to play attacking football, you will find it more difficult to break them down potentially. On superstar, while more difficult, the AI do seem to attack and go forward more often which creates more space to counter attack.

Back
Top Bottom