Gears of War

There's only one save but it's tied into your gamer profile so if someone else signs in on the 360 I'm pretty sure they'll be able to start afresh.
Yep, meant to say this last night but I forgot.

I had the same trouble, started a co-op game with my girlfriend and then when the nephew came around I obviously didn't want to overwrite the old save, which it does if you start again. So I made a temporary profile for him from the dashboard, and then using that profile to start a new game (logging him on and then using the first gamepad; if you use the second gamepad to skip the intro or anything then it will swap your profiles around - i.e. your profile will be the main profile again - and you'll need to both logout and back in again, which is a pain in the arse).

Been playing this a lot of late, campaign mode, Co-Op on Live. It's really fucking enjoyable, eg. the part where one of you has to run to the top of the house to shine the big light onto the floor for the other guy to run across and trigger the coloured lamps. There are loadsa quirky little aspects to this game. It's defo the best shooter I have played.

Anyone killed the RAAM it's a pain in the arse?
There's a torque bow in the room before you go out to face him. Use that at him to scare off the Kryll then unload in his face (with your gun, you dirty bastard). Rinse and repeat.

Co-op campaign is definitely quality, working through that now with a mate. Online versus mode is good fun but only with mates, go to the ranked matches and they're full of twats it would seem, same story with most ranked games I guess.

Exactly, use the rest of the internet if you want tits and twats.

I must be one of the few people who wasn't that impressed by Halo. When I first tried this (earlier today), I felt a lil underwhelmed (the same way I felt when I first played Halo a few months ago)...

The graphics are no doubt amazing - but it just seemed like another first person shooter to me. I kept at it though - in hope that I'll see some fancy stuff to do my newly bought HDTV some justice....

...and what a turnaround - I now absolutely love this game!. The crouching and shooting is so damn addictive and online play is definitely the best I've played. JB was absolutely right in what he said earlier - it's not innovative, but they got it just right.

A game that actually lived up to its hype....wow!

I'm loving the game, just playing through the campaign on casual now, I'm near the end of act 4, it's great fun.

The campaign is really short so this game might convince me to buy the wireless adapter and a gold account. I'll probably replay it on hardcore though and try to collect all the cog tags.

It's well worth teaming up with someone and doing the harder difficulty levels on co-op.

It's well worth teaming up with someone and doing the harder difficulty levels on co-op.

I agree with ya on that mate. I had been cracking thru Casual offline and last night was playing thru Hardcore with a mate on Live, its good to know you have some real backup when you get gunned down

Insane isn't actually that hard via co-op. I played through the first Act the other night, it took about 2 hours to get through. Once you get used to the amount of hits you can take before you die it isn't that bad.

Tis a great game.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. To be honest, I very rarely complete a game. I've got more Tom Clancy's than I've got pairs of shoes and I've never completed any of them. But GoW kept me going until the end (on co-op). Because it seemed so short (admittedly because it was one of the few games I've ever played non-stop until the end), we decided to have a go on insane. Well, on my own I've got no chance, on co-op... The slightest, speck-sized chance.

Excellent game, though, definitely the best shooter I've ever played, and that's coming from someone who thinks alien-shooting games should be banned along with WWII shooters.

Insane isn't actually that hard via co-op. I played through the first Act the other night, it took about 2 hours to get through. Once you get used to the amount of hits you can take before you die it isn't that bad.

Tis a great game.
The worst parts are where you have to split up so there's no easy resurrection opportunitites (rez plz!), back to the start of that section you go. It's worth it in the end though, only ranked online matches remain for me to earn achievements and I can't be arsed with that shite. :)

Great game. I couldn't stop playing it today. I think the reason is the abscence of loading. Amazing. I now have to try the co-op and play in harder difficulties.

More new Gears of War maps, though they are 800 points, however, they will become free to DL in September.

Yikes, didn't think they'd charge. Well I'd wait until September but I don't think that the guys on my friends list will...

They were, which is why they gave us the option of waiting till September. But if you like GoW, you might as well pay. Unlike the last map pack, these ones are awesome. Easily better than any other map before it including the default ones.

The Bullet Marsh map looks beautiful. It kinda has that Predator (the movie) feeling to it especially if its a one on one fight against a locust whilst using a sniper rifle or a torque bow.

Back
Top Bottom