Gears of War

AgentSmithMatrix

League 1
14 July 2004
Liverpool
Not long left now. Under 2 weeks. Thought I'd make a thread for it. Can't believe there isn't one already like the other guy said in the 360 thread. I mean it's gonna be one of the baddest games ever.

CWright said:
It WILL be good!

It IS GOOD.

Anyone in Birmingham who hasn't played it yet, tomorrow is the last day to try it in the Bull Ring, I'm going back again.

Arrgghh! Its a sunday, I cant be arsed to go out now.
I've had it preordered ages ago so I'll just play it next friday.

No they need to stop making shit first person shooters like Doom 3 and Halo.
And take the Genre back to the intellegent games like Dues Ex, System shock etc.

Buy Bioshock

embraceuk1 said:
No they need to stop making shit first person shooters like Doom 3 and Halo.
And take the Genre back to the intellegent games like Dues Ex, System shock etc.

Buy Bioshock

That's what made me sick of it. every shooter that comes out looks the same. quake 4 prey fear man whatever.

bioshock IS sick though literally and game-wise. That's one crazy game

I only just realised I've got 8 games on the X360 meaning I've spent atleast £320 on games alone in less than one year. :shock:

Its not easy doing that if one of the games you bought turns out to be a load of shite. *coughpes6cough*

bluemonkeymagic said:
ive got 26 games now

you just need to not think about it!!!
Wait a minute, so did you buy all the shit games as well? 26 is a lot for the X360. Unless you modded your console of course.

Looks like its living up to the hype. I'm glad I preordered this ages ago when I first saw it cuz normally, when I think a game's gonna be awesome, its usually a let down. This time I guess I was right for once.

Anyone else getting the limited edition box?

^ that's what i'm sayin' I'm happy this game isn't getting like 8's cuz i would pass on it. guess this will make a great thing to ask for xmas..

Soooooooooooooo pleased it hasn't turned out to be a flop. There's always that worry when a game is as hyped as this - and in that respect, reviewers tend to be more harsh due to the hype. So it must REALLY be amazing.

The multiplayer sounds awesome too, which is what I'll be concentrating on mainly!

For someone who's only just realised this isn't some kind of mech-game, what do I need to know about this? Does it have a story or is it Battlefield-style multiplayer only? What puts it ahead of the crowd?

Just read a few reviews. Pre-ordered. You bastards. It's a new-age (presentless) Christmas in the JB household this year.

Back
Top Bottom