[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

FIFA16... Fulham first season is slowly coming to an end! We gonna make it to the premier league! :) McCormack is back and that’s lovely. He got injured the first match of the season and missed nearly all of it. Now they he’s back he’s scoring left and right! :)

I have modded some cars of Assetto Corsa and Dirt series a few years ago.
It was possible for me not because I am a talented person, but because there are a few modding tools, and both games are mod-friendly.
I could modify 3D model, shader(which determines the dynamic colours of rendered texture), texture, car sound, and various car data such as camera(point of view), car damage, etc...

Also I could look into the data regarding car physics, composed of millions of parameters and numerical values that are supposed to determine the physics according to each condition of the car such as which position of gear now, what speed now, whether or not in the middle of corner, when engine idling...etc.
Of course those things should be in concord with game engine.

Such ultra super complicated works require many years of know-how plus experience related to car game.
Who could do such things the best or the worst among the EA's affiliates?
EA Sports, Criterion Games, Codemasters, or Slightly Mad Studios?
I know the right answer, but I won't tell it to avoid another unnecessary controversy.
Have EA Sports ever developed any car game BTW?

Last edited:
Have EA Sports ever developed any car game BTW?

They only developed the F1 games of the early 00's.
Apart from that it has always been 3rd party studios.
Even moving forward, I don't think they will have much say with the F1 series, except tell Codemasters to add as many Micro-Transactions into the game as possible.

I dont think it matters much these days, unfortunately. Remember that woman, lead producer of fifa, talking about her experience?
"I dont know anything about football games. I dont even watch football. I have experience in racing and shooting games."
I dont know how deep within EA this mindset goes, but we might be overestimating relevant field of experience. If they got a sniff of money to be made - they'll probably do it.

I dont think it matters much these days, unfortunately. Remember that woman, lead producer of fifa, talking about her experience?
"I dont know anything about football games. I dont even watch football. I have experience in racing and shooting games."
I dont know how deep within EA this mindset goes, but we might be overestimating relevant field of experience. If they got a sniff of money to be made - they'll probably do it.
I got an email from EA yesterday, a survey. I get the same survey pretty much once a month.

It asks which consoles you have, which games you play, how you would rate them out of 10 and why.

For FIFA, I put 1/10 (hey, it has nice licenses) - and in the "why" field, I just put:

"FIFA isn't a football game. It's a competitive gaming platform, or an eSport, from the ground up. Development is focused on ensuring online pro players don't feel cheated by an AI that makes players process decisions like human beings, but instead makes defensive players into wooden pegs that move back and forth in a line with no understanding of football whatsoever. Otherwise, they feel 'cheated' - because they play the game the same way they play Call of Duty or Fortnite.

Those players don't play the game for its representation of football - they play simply to see their number of points go up, with a licensed badge next to it. They don't care about anything else. Just the ability to win at this game.

FIFA isn't made for football fans any more - it's made for Ultimate Team players, largely children, and pro players whose opinions are heard over everyone else's. Why would any football fan rate this game higher than 1/10?"

Not that it matters.

I got an email from EA yesterday, a survey. I get the same survey pretty much once a month.

It asks which consoles you have, which games you play, how you would rate them out of 10 and why.

For FIFA, I put 1/10 (hey, it has nice licenses) - and in the "why" field, I just put:

"FIFA isn't a football game. It's a competitive gaming platform, or an eSport, from the ground up. Development is focused on ensuring online pro players don't feel cheated by an AI that makes players process decisions like human beings, but instead makes defensive players into wooden pegs that move back and forth in a line with no understanding of football whatsoever. Otherwise, they feel 'cheated' - because they play the game the same way they play Call of Duty or Fortnite.

Those players don't play the game for its representation of football - they play simply to see their number of points go up, with a licensed badge next to it. They don't care about anything else. Just the ability to win at this game.

FIFA isn't made for football fans any more - it's made for Ultimate Team players, largely children, and pro players whose opinions are heard over everyone else's. Why would any football fan rate this game higher than 1/10?"

Not that it matters.

I got pretty much the same email from EA as well.
I stopped answering as they won't give a damn about me, I don't have over 10K subscribers on YouTube - I have 11.
I sent them my opinion about FIFA 21, but wasn't as constructive as yours and more of a rant.

I just want them to bring back the positioning of FIFA 16 or 18, and not have the stupid auto blocking.
You only need to get a player roughly in the right place now and he will block the shot for you, and they removed block tackles so it is just about jockeying and blocking shots.

As for other feedback, I am waiting for F1 to be released by EA, so I can go on another rant about the AI in that game is broken too and that why does damage not occur to the CPU cars, except they might lose a part of their front wing if you split your car in half.
But again this won't change as Codemasters have found a balanced SimCade game which the majority of people who play it really enjoy.
Maybe EA can hire Geoff Crammond as an advisor.

And as for this week, still playing FM whilst working from home and for some reason started playing Civ 4 again.

I got pretty much the same email from EA as well.
I stopped answering as they won't give a damn about me, I don't have over 10K subscribers on YouTube - I have 11.
I sent them my opinion about FIFA 21, but wasn't as constructive as yours and more of a rant.

I just want them to bring back the positioning of FIFA 16 or 18, and not have the stupid auto blocking.
You only need to get a player roughly in the right place now and he will block the shot for you, and they removed block tackles so it is just about jockeying and blocking shots.

As for other feedback, I am waiting for F1 to be released by EA, so I can go on another rant about the AI in that game is broken too and that why does damage not occur to the CPU cars, except they might lose a part of their front wing if you split your car in half.
But again this won't change as Codemasters have found a balanced SimCade game which the majority of people who play it really enjoy.
Maybe EA can hire Geoff Crammond as an advisor.

And as for this week, still playing FM whilst working from home and for some reason started playing Civ 4 again.

I agree that the A.I. issues should be fixed, and I also am with you who want F1 game to be a simulator.
I just couldn't dare to judge it now that I have no idea about the latest version(Mine is F1 2019 at the moment).

Speaking of my gripes about the A.I. of the F1 2019, they are too aggressive - they are apt to butt my back, nevertheless it looks like no penalty's given to them.
And they look free from the handicaps in the bad weather whilst I'm struggling with the bad views and the bad grip of tyres.
If those issues were not yet fixed in the F1 2020, please add them to your list of rant.

wanted to play some TC-GR Breakpoint, loading into the game, sorting out my stuff at a bivouac, BAM kicked out the game.
happens to me all the time, anyone else play this and notice the constant kicking ?
i'm starting to wonder if Ubisoft messed up hugely with their servers. this is on Xbox One btw

1. wanted to play some TC-GR Breakpoint, loading into the game, sorting out my stuff at a bivouac, BAM kicked out the game.
    happens to me all the time, anyone else play this and notice the constant kicking ?
    i'm starting to wonder if Ubisoft messed up hugely with their servers. this is on Xbox One btw
    No such problems on the PS4 Pro, although I haven't played for a few months.

Hey Cash Arts, take my poo because I want to preorder it. What an amazing and informative trailer...

Maybe with Fut and Volta drifting football ah racing.

:NONO:
F1 drifting on parking lot mode.

Run a F1 IG account mode.

3 man races on a small circuit mode.

Etc etc.

Paw Patrol On a Roll
- Good voice acting
- Good graphics
- Easy Controls
- very repetitive
- good for learning how to use a controller
- Various Pups to control
- Environments could use more variation but we haven't explored later parts of the game
- No multiplayer
- No comment on the AI
- Rubble and Skye... No explanation needed

8/10, would recommend.
Life of a dad...

Last edited:
Paw Patrol On a Roll
- Good voice acting
- Good graphics
- Easy Controls
- very repetitive
- good for learning how to use a controller
- Various Pups to control
- Environments could use more variation but we haven't explored later parts of the game
- No multiplayer
- No comment on the AI
- Rubble and Skye... No explanation needed

8/10, would recommend.
Life of a dad...

Just wait till they start making you play Roblox with them.
Adopt Me, Murder Mystery, Total Drama, Elimination Tower - The world awaits.
+ An absolute massive amount of Obbys - I never knew what these were till Roblox.

F1 drifting on parking lot mode.

Run a F1 IG account mode.

3 man races on a small circuit mode.

Etc etc.
And with loveley scripting like in fifa or pes...

"common "driver" you must not lose this race!" And the AI will have 100% more hp and don't need to break before a curve... :BRICK:

Played the latest Elusive target in Hitman 3 a couple of nights ago, took me bloody ages to find the guy, even after resorting to a guide, which I really don't like to do. I managed to off the bugger in the end and finish the mission, so that's nice.

MLB The Show 21...god yes!
This and Myleague on 2k is all I need for my sim gaming.
Officially done with(new) FIFA/Pes games.
Lovely game this

MLB The Show 21...god yes!
This and Myleague on 2k is all I need for my sim gaming.
Officially done with(new) FIFA/Pes games.
Lovely game this

Love everything I see about the show, the simulation aspect, the attention to details. I like everything except I am not big in the sport....
Still gonna give it a try, just saw its available on xCloud so Ill test before I download. Hope to get an invite to xcloud beta to play on my ipad

Love everything I see about the show, the simulation aspect, the attention to details. I like everything except I am not big in the sport....
Still gonna give it a try, just saw its available on xCloud so Ill test before I download. Hope to get an invite to xcloud beta to play on my ipad
I'm a bit lost on the rules as well,but it's pretty good that they have tutorials in game.
I've started a few exhibition games to get familiar with controls (which you can set/edit any way you want to)
This and 2k is how sports games should be made.
Brilliant stuff, love it!

They are rolling out iPad/iPhone support as we speak right?

I'm a bit lost on the rules as well,but it's pretty good that they have tutorials in game.
I've started a few exhibition games to get familiar with controls (which you can set/edit any way you want to)
This and 2k is how sports games should be made.
Brilliant stuff, love it!

They are rolling out iPad/iPhone support as we speak right?

Yep, I got my invite so. Hope it works OK, I didnt have a good experience unless I was hardwired. Hoping it works a bit better as there are so many games I wan tot try before I download them

Yep, I got my invite so. Hope it works OK, I didnt have a good experience unless I was hardwired. Hoping it works a bit better as there are so many games I wan tot try before I download them
Never been a fan of cloud gaming,so I don't use it that much.
Got a second TV so I can play whenever I want too.

Dived in to MLB,and the learning curve is pretty steep,just setting up how you bat etc...oboy!

Started Days Gone over the weekend as it came with PS+, Not too far into it, Visually as with most games this gen I can not knock, time will tell how long I stay motivated by this game though.

The entire generation of AAA games have been the same formulaic, barren open world sandbox with a fetish for crafting and collecting shit I couldn't care less about, more micro-managing of some other stuff and just generally roam around the map until you reach point B, shoot some hoard of bots, watch a cutscene, return to point A, watch another cutscene, travel to point C and repeat the fodder of point B for 30 hours until you finish the game.

Relentless.

Everybody swears blind RDR2 is the best game of the gen, I went into it hoping it was GTA V with cowboys but rather it was a dreadful existential life simulator that just reminds me of how much I hate my actual job.

Sometimes I just want to play a game, kick some arse, enjoy some clever mechanics and challenging levels and not worry about spending more time in flashy menus than actually playing but now I have no trust in AAA games. It's why I mostly play indie games as it's the closest thing that gives you that unorthodox wonderment and curiosity that artistically unique PS1 & PS2 games give you where you don't quite know what your signing up for.

Conversely I completed Abzu over the weekend with my daughter and it was wonderful. A simple game with 2 buttons, beautiful sights and sounds, the game doesn't tell you once what you need to do and you figure it out through curiosity and generally common sense and it's a seamless journey.

We're also finally working our way through Arise - A Simple Story.

Started Days Gone over the weekend as it came with PS+, Not too far into it, Visually as with most games this gen I can not knock, time will tell how long I stay motivated by this game though.

The entire generation of AAA games have been the same formulaic, barren open world sandbox with a fetish for crafting and collecting shit I couldn't care less about, more micro-managing of some other stuff and just generally roam around the map until you reach point B, shoot some hoard of bots, watch a cutscene, return to point A, watch another cutscene, travel to point C and repeat the fodder of point B for 30 hours until you finish the game.

Relentless.

Everybody swears blind RDR2 is the best game of the gen, I went into it hoping it was GTA V with cowboys but rather it was a dreadful existential life simulator that just reminds me of how much I hate my actual Job

Completely agree. I don't have time to sink in a bunch if hrs to learn new mechanics, spend 3 hrs looking for flowers/samey quests, travelling in the largest map ever created. I want a streamlined experience. Will try Abzu. Im actually surprised of the games Ive tried thanks to gamepass that i ended up liking; and big budget universally acclaimed games that are hard for me to finish..

Last couple of games I have been trying out a game called Enlisted.
https://enlisted.net/en/play4free/?...Qs01hwKdUay_X2zqgLnTnSM_3Rv_T24xoCVIMQAvD_BwE
It is a BF clone game and TBH my initial impressions are it is a pretty poor one - It is currently in Open Beta for PC and next gen consoles as well I believe.
It is meant to be another realistic take on the BF genre but after playing Hell Let Loose, Enlisted just doesn't come close.

I will try it some more over the next few days, as I used to love the early BF games.

As for Days Gone, I have seen this is now on PSNow, but due to the massive amount of mixed reviews I have never given this a go.
I will however once it arrives on PC next month.

Back
Top Bottom