[General Discussion] You've redeemed an Origin Access Membership Code

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
Loathe to start new standalone threads for stuff but I got this email last night and was a little disconcerted:

Hi PlaceboPRS,

Thank you for redeeming your Origin Access subscription code.

For recurring members, your reoccurring plan will restart immediately when the membership time from the redeemed code has concluded. For further information regarding your account details, including payment options, renewal dates and more, please login to your Origin account.

Please enjoy our growing collection of great PC games in The Vault, try upcoming EA games before they’re released and save 10% on your Origin purchases.​

Your Account Information:​

ID:​
PlaceboPRS​

Membership Plan:​
Origin Access Premier Membership - Non-recurring 1 Month​

I haven't redeemed any code etc. Apparently EA are giving out one month's free Origin Access/Premier to everyone has 2FA activated on their account:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/login-verification-and-origin-access/

Obviously in this day and age of passwords being brute forced and then accounts sold in various places 2FA is absolute common sense any way but weird EA did this then didn't bother telling people about it (AFAIK?)!

I have Origin Access Premier Annual and it's now showing the next payment as 28th November 2020 so I definitely got a free month.

Maybe too late to apply it now to get the free month but a handy reminder to anyone that doesn't have 2FA activated on all their game clients!

Yes, this promotion had been mentioned in the FIFA 20 thread 2 months ago. I still didn't get my free month yet, though...

How exactly is this off topic when it's about gaming? :CONF:
There are some decisions that have to be made and none of the solutions are ideal in its current state.
Id like Other Games to be tidy and have just games threads in it, not general discussions, as it makes it all messy.
Until we create more general threads or agree path forward - the way Im dividing stuff at the moment is that Other Games are just Other Games. If a thread is not about a specific game and its also not about Pes/Fifa - its a general gaming discussion. Since we dont have General Discussion subforum - im moving it (possibly temporary) to Off Topic. Either this, or at the end of the day, regardless how much effort we put into cleaning Other Games thread, it will still be all over the shop. Bare with me, it has to get a bit messy before it gets tidy.

Main problem in there IMO is way too many sticky threads, have to scroll almost a full page to get to new threads! Although good luck deciding what should or shouldn't be stickied ;) Maybe better is unstick everything and they'll either be active and near the top or not?

There are some decisions that have to be made and none of the solutions are ideal in its current state.
Id like Other Games to be tidy and have just games threads in it, not general discussions, as it makes it all messy.
Until we create more general threads or agree path forward - the way Im dividing stuff at the moment is that Other Games are just Other Games. If a thread is not about a specific game and its also not about Pes/Fifa - its a general gaming discussion. Since we dont have General Discussion subforum - im moving it (possibly temporary) to Off Topic. Either this, or at the end of the day, regardless how much effort we put into cleaning Other Games thread, it will still be all over the shop. Bare with me, it has to get a bit messy before it gets tidy.

Not on topic, but I would suggest the following be removed.
PS5
Xbox One Series X
*These are not currently relevant as not released yet - So shouldn't be stickied.
I think they will be heavily discussed so will be high up the 1st page anyway.

PC Building Thread
* Out the two I would leave the PC Gaming Thread, don't need two PC threads.
I would even suggest changing the name of the PC Gaming Thread to PC Gaming/Building Thread and combining the two.

Google Stadia
* Doesn't need a sticky as not relevant or important console.

Playstation VR
* Doesn't need to be stickied, can be just a normal thread.

I feel the same as Placebo, you currently need to scroll down half a page to get to other threads.

Back
Top Bottom