General Sim Racing Thread

I think triple screen display is such a big, heavy, old fashioned, and relatively ineffective thing. The seams between the two pairs of the borders look like a immersion spoiler, first of all.
VR is the most immersive display without a doubt. But we'd better remember its relatively low resolutions.
I think 32:9 aspect ratio single screen is the best option until 16K+ VRs come out and go current.

Last edited:
I've not tried VR but if I was going to upgrade from single screen, I'd be looking at VR. It seems to bring far more immersion.

Do you have a wheel yet?
hey,
i thought about that as well, but i want to see my real wheel in front of me (its worth it)! another point is the loss in graphics when playing in VR! so triple screens are the best, most immersive, setup i can think of right now. But i'll be doing that later this year or next year (no rush).

i'll try to get a second cheap and used 49-55 inch tv for now!

yes, i ordered my wheel and pedals 2 weeks ago and it arrived 2 days later! i'll be posting "the story of my rig build" here soon! :)

Last edited:
I think triple screen display is such a big, heavy, old fashioned, and relatively ineffective thing. The seams between the two pairs of the borders look like a immersion spoiler, first of all.
VR is the most immersive display without a doubt. But we'd better remember its relatively low resolutions.
I think 32:9 aspect ratio single screen is the best option until 16K+ VRs come out and go current.
have you ever been sitting in front of a triple screen setup? the bezels will "vanish" as soon as you are in the heat of the action! and for those small (2020/2021) bezels there are even "no bezel kits"...!
i tested both, VR and TS, and for me its clear what i will get!

edit: have a look at my most favorite SimRacing channel! ;)
give it at least 3 min please! for me, thats immersive enough! :LOL:

:LOVE:

Last edited:
have you ever been sitting in front of a triple screen setup? the bezels will "vanish" as soon as you are in the heat of the action! and for those small (2020/2021) bezels there are even "no bezel kits"...!

That's not what we can see in real life but a 'subtle camera trick + video modifying'.

That's not what we can see in real life but a 'subtle camera trick + video modifying'.
ok, there are plenty of first person videos online... choose the one of your choice.
search for "pov sim racing" on youtube! are these all tricked gopro videos with modifications?

again i'm asking: have you ever been sitting in front of a triple screen racing setup?

ok, there are plenty of first person videos online... choose the one of your choice.
search for "pov sim racing" on youtube! are these all tricked gopro videos with modifications?

Yes, it has become a genre as a kind of video art by some sim racing youtubers as far as I'm known.

again i'm asking: have you ever been sitting in front of a triple screen racing setup?

Never.
OK, my opinion on the displays was wrong, build your triple screens.

I think three screens would make it better, as the centre screen would be the primary and the other two would just show a lot more detail on what is immediately left and right of you.
You would just be glimpsing at them rather than using them.

Yes, it has become a genre as a kind of video art by some sim racing youtubers as far as I'm known.

Never.
OK, my opinion on the displays was wrong, build your triple screens.
I’ll do. Hopefully. One day.

And yes, i can see that first topic be real. Delivering the most lifelike visuals. Have to look out for that.

Edit: when you get the chance, go out for a drive using a triple screen setup! It’s really worthwhile.
I think three screens would make it better, as the centre screen would be the primary and the other two would just show a lot more detail on what is immediately left and right of you.
You would just be glimpsing at them rather than using them.
This! It’s all about peripheral vision.
For games like truck simulator it can even do more. you can actually look into a street before turning.
For the games I prefer it’s more about the peripheral sense of things.

Last edited:
I found a motion simulator which is at a comparatively lower cost of around $1500~$2500(It depends on where you live and when you buy. Unfortunately it's about $2500 in my country now, such a fooking greedy import traders).
This particular one is at that low price in spite of having 3DOF(Degrees of Freedom). - It's cheaper than even ordinary 2DOF ones.(4DOF or 6DOF ones usually are more expensive than an average compact car.)

Well, it seems to be specialized into VR and rather flight sim than race one BTW.

Last edited:
The Humble Bundle this month is amazing value for anyone who is interested in racing games:-
Only £9.85 for all 8 games + a 20% discount code for the Thrustmaster T248 and T150 racing wheels.
Link - https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...tile_index_1_c_ultimateracingsimbundle_bundle

Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Automobilista
Automobilista 2
Drift 21
iRacing - 3 month subscription (This is meant to be the ultimate simulation game)
Nascar Heat 5
rFactor 2

Last edited:
The Humble Bundle this month is amazing value for anyone who is interested in racing games:-
Only £9.35 for all 8 games + a 20% discount code for the Thrustmaster T248 and T150 racing wheels.

Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Automobilista
Automobilista 2
Drift 21
iRacing - 3 month subscription (This is meant to be the ultimate simulation game)
Nascar Heat 5
rFactor 2
Got a link?

Hey @Carles P. , did you try out custom manager yet?!

I am currently installing me some GT3 car mods…

the working rain is worth a donation, imo.
here is another video showcasing some of the benefits of modding:

in German once More…

Last edited:

Haven't tried AMS2 (we hardly got the room for mounting the wheel and pedals anymore) but I seem to remember also the first one was pretty good.

Speaking of a different game, I just got Assetto Corsa with all the DLCs on Steam for 8€. I'll probably be playing that one with the pad, but I think it's worth big time for that price tag.

Haven't tried AMS2 (we hardly got the room for mounting the wheel and pedals anymore) but I seem to remember also the first one was pretty good.

Speaking of a different game, I just got Assetto Corsa with all the DLCs on Steam for 8€. I'll probably be playing that one with the pad, but I think it's worth big time for that price tag.
Same as @Carles P. just did. Great deal for the buck! 👏

check out the mods I recommended to him.
I cant go without custom manager no more. This software and its mods are golden! Golden!

check out some gamepad optimizing vids for AC, to get the most out of it via controller.

edit: I drive in AMS2 from time to time as well. It’s nice for VR too, as ACC is pretty hungry in that regard.

Last edited:
Hey @Carles P. , did you try out custom manager yet?!

I am currently installing me some GT3 car mods…

the working rain is worth a donation, imo.
here is another video showcasing some of the benefits of modding:

in German once More…
Not installed the game yet. So no I didn't.

Same as @Carles P. just did. Great deal for the buck! 👏

check out the mods I recommended to him.
I cant go without custom manager no more. This software and its mods are golden! Golden!

check out some gamepad optimizing vids for AC, to get the most out of it via controller.

edit: I drive in AMS2 from time to time as well. It’s nice for VR too, as ACC is pretty hungry in that regard.

This game is really hard to play. Probably the controller doesn't help, but I like it. Making small progress every day, but still far from not finishing last against the AI and getting a clean lap with one of the power cars.

Last weekend, I installed me some 108 cars mod for AC to replicate the 24h Nords!
from 55 cars up… my fps went down. 😂

anyway! Sooooo much to drive! 😍🥳
here is a glimpse…

with latest Pure and CSP, AC is best looking game, not to mention great ffb and car/track mods. You can race any track, any car you can imagine. Only bad side is AI, I want to race proper championship but AI is not that good, they behave like you are not on the track. One suggestion, try Shutoko Revival Project, it`s a mod that let you race against other drivers online and against ai offline (traffic). Set night and rain, that`s the best immersive experience you can get right now. Note: FPS will struggle again :D

with latest Pure and CSP, AC is best looking game, not to mention great ffb and car/track mods. You can race any track, any car you can imagine. Only bad side is AI, I want to race proper championship but AI is not that good, they behave like you are not on the track. One suggestion, try Shutoko Revival Project, it`s a mod that let you race against other drivers online and against ai offline (traffic). Set night and rain, that`s the best immersive experience you can get right now. Note: FPS will struggle again :D
Thanks pal for hinting. I’ll gladly have a look! 👍

Back
Top Bottom