Geoffrey Boycott Madden 06

Siroco

League 2
10 June 2003
Let's bring EA to its knees this year, shall we? -- I'm confident that by working together here at Evo-Web we can reduce sales of Madden 06 by at least 3-4 copies. I'm doing my part.

Remember what EA did:

1. They put the ESPN 2K series out of business. While it's all a matter of personal preference, ESPN, IMO, was equally as good, if not better, than Madden 06, and it was priced at $20. Too revolutionary for the gaming industry apparantly, which is only interested in selling $50 games.

2. Because they couldn't compete -- innovation-wise -- EA locked-up an exclusive deal with the NFL and ESPN. This cost them $1.2 billion in total reportedly. They want you to re-coup that investment for them.

3. Of course, EA is hoping its fanbase will buy Madden 06 when it hits the streets -- and then re-purchase it for Xbox 360 later this year.

4. As if this wasn't enough, EA continue making FIFA, a blight on the footy community in general.

So, who's buying Madden 06 this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Boycot Madden 06

I havent bought it ever, I will continue not buying it just to show them I wont put up with their shenanigans

I'm with you guys. I've also never bought a Madden game. But I always knew the day would come when there would be a cause onto which I could hang my boycott policy. Until now, the only reason I could give was that American Football blows.

plumbers_x said:
I'm with you guys. I've also never bought a Madden game. But I always knew the day would come when there would be a cause onto which I could hang my boycott policy. Until now, the only reason I could give was that American Football blows.
jackoff

I never buy any £A games full stop.

plumbers_x said:

good one -- of course, not everyone will appreciate -- or have access to -- American football.

One reason it's a great sport, however, is because it's the ultimate "it ain't over til it's over sport."

Or, in terms of footy, think the Liverpool miracle against Milan. Awesome, thrilling stuff.

That kind of shit is old hat for a team like the Patriots, just to give one example. They've made it habit over the past couple of years to win big games with as much style and stick-to-it-tiveness.

I've not bought it for years now.

Back to point one in the original post though, shortly before the NFL exclusivity deal they (TakeTwo by now I believe) announced that the ESPN budget games would no longer be budget anyway, going up to full-priced releases.

Well i always like sega sports football games alot better than madden but now we dont have a fuckn choice and that pisses me off so now i have to deal with it and obviously play madden...i have to learn to like it seeing as how there is no other football game....WTF??? Let me tell you a little story.....I went to E3(Dont know how many of you know what that is.....Huge game expo)but i was playing madden and a EA rep was telling me that if i had a question to plese ask him ...I asked him why would they go and do something as gay as buying the exclusive license for the nfl and at the sametime eliminate all competition????He said that they never approached the NFL but, It was the other way around and that they were approached by the NFL to be the only company to make a licensed football game....BULLSHIT!!!!!!! Now dont get me wrong i wont buy madden but i will play it...See where i am going ....

babs said:
(TakeTwo by now I believe) announced that the ESPN budget games would no longer be budget anyway, going up to full-priced releases.

Don't know -- the new ESPN NHL, one of the finest sports titles available, is listed at $19.83 by WalMart and $29.99 by EB Games. Certainly not near the $50 MSRP and still a hell of a deal whatever way you go.

Not neceessary to mention that ESPN NHL kick's the ass of EA's NHL title.

Pikcin up Madden 06 tonight. Only major change to the gameplay this year is the Quarterback vision which every review seems to say sucks. But you can turn it off.

there is also a "hit stick" for offensive players so you can pop a defender when comes to tackle you.

I'll get back on here and offer my opinion. But its Madden, baby. How bad can it be? :mrgreen:

been playing madden 06 for over 4 days now.Much improvedI like it.

OK - got it last night and played two games vs the PS2.

First of all, the Lions offense is badass, with three big receivers, a great TE and speedy kevin Jones at RB.

But on the default difficulty, i tore up the Patriots with the Bears with a score of 58-7. . . i think its time to increase the difficulty level.

I can't stand the Qb vision thing so i turned it off. I also dont like the new button configuration, which changes the :circle: and :x: buttons so that you now press :x: to Sprint (when you dont have the ball) and use the :circle: for changing players. But you can go back to default 2005 buttons on the Controller Option.

I also like the Truck Stick which lets you lower your shoulder and ram a defender when you have the ball. i blasted a DB off his feet and went 60 yards for a TD yesterday with Cedric Benson. Felt damn good too.

Nah, won't be buying. Football is played with the feet.....:D (cue:hundreds of American members begging to differ)

crayon said:
Nah, won't be buying. Football is played with the feet.....:D (cue:hundreds of American members begging to differ)

I'm amrican and I TOTALLY agree :)

ghazi said:
on the default difficulty, i tore up the Patriots with the Bears with a score of 58-7

I'm gonna use this headline in my "Boycot Madden" advertising campaign ;)

The latest madden was great im sorry to say... it really is good. Looks great sounds great and plays great (and I HATE EA) Nba 2005 was SHIT tho... it is all bout NBA 2K5 that was class... only £19.99 but end of the day the games are going up to 39.99... hmmm sack that I got madden for £30 it is worth that cos I wont upgrade till I get the 360 (around late dec early Jan)

Ibu - is that when the 360 comes out over there? How much will it be in yen?

EA Sports games suck eggs in whatever sport, especially at the high price they are. Wish they'd spent more time on gameplay in the footy game, that's for sure. Sadly though, Madden 06 will sell bucketloads to people who know no better or have money to burn and so only encourage them to believe high prices are a good thing.

The 360 is officially announced this week (or so industry rumours murmur) welll within the next 5 days we should know the release date for the US and Europe at least. I expect it to be out around mid to late November in Europe and thats an educated presumption. The 360 will probably cost around 36,000Y but thats just a rough guess. The thing is this will still be a substantially cheaper release price than the PS3 which will cost through the nose inititially but SOny expect the console to be mainstream for 10 years... Interesting plan and one probably taken on board by the fact if the PS3 fails to take control of the market it will almost certainly bankrupt the Games and Consoles dept at SOny.

Most EA games do suck balls... but they are releasing one good game over here in Europe... "We Love Katamari". Hope they don't screw that game over like Oddworld: Strangers Wrath!

crayon said:
EA Sports games suck eggs in whatever sport, especially at the high price they are. Wish they'd spent more time on gameplay in the footy game, that's for sure.
Same with NHL as well, they bring in more licenced leagues and stuff, and in my opinion has deteriorated.

Also is it me or do the PC versions of €A's games seem like port-overs from the PS2? Terrible interfaces and stuttering frame rates even on a high end machine, makes you wonder if they do any proper testing! :|

Last edited by a moderator:

:: JJ :: said:
Same with NHL as well, they bring in more licenced leagues and stuff, and in my opinion has deteriorated.

|

If you're into hockey, then 2k series is absolute tops. EA's NHL sucks in comparison.

Basketball -- EA's NBA Live is creeping up on the 2k series. Matter of personal preference there.

American Football -- Madden Boycot is still in effect ;) And fuck their QB "field of vision" bullshit.

Footy? We all know the story there.

I will boycott madden 06 though... simply because it is much better on 05 version except old stats. They have tried to do too much with it... or maybe they aren't bothered till the 360/ps3 version

ibu2003 said:
I will boycott madden 06 though... simply because it is much better on 05 version except old stats. They have tried to do too much with it... or maybe they aren't bothered till the 360/ps3 version

Yeah, imagine if EA got off their asses and really enhanced Madden for 360 -- at that point, it'd be hard not to give the game another look!

This is ridiculous, first off all, one of your reasons for not buying it is "because ea still makes fifa"?????? Wtf? that's no reason to fuckin boycott Madden. I dont liek the name of the sport any more or less than you, but the fact is, Madden has the best in all departments, graphics, gameplay, online, and especially since it's now exclusive, that just gives me more reason to buy it. I think it's fucking stupid to think that, on a forum with, what, maybe a few hundred people who would buy Madden, telling them to boycott it. EA doesn't care if 300 people don't buy their game, considering they sell hundreds of thousands, hell sometimes millions of copies of this game.

200_pesos said:
This is ridiculous, first off all, one of your reasons for not buying it is "because ea still makes fifa"?????? Wtf? that's no reason to fuckin boycott Madden. I dont liek the name of the sport any more or less than you, but the fact is, Madden has the best in all departments, graphics, gameplay, online, and especially since it's now exclusive, that just gives me more reason to buy it. I think it's fucking stupid to think that, on a forum with, what, maybe a few hundred people who would buy Madden, telling them to boycott it. EA doesn't care if 300 people don't buy their game, considering they sell hundreds of thousands, hell sometimes millions of copies of this game.

hey, man, I don't like your tone and I certainly don't like Che, whose only purpose in life was to become a cheap t-shirt emblem.

This boycot is gaining steam...we've already reduced sales of Madden by some 3-4 copies...if you ain't with us, you're against us...

FIFA's not enough reason to boycot Madden? Then what is???

Most importantly: Dude, chill out...you ever heard the expression "tongue-in-cheek"?

Siroco said:
hey, man, I don't like your tone and I certainly don't like Che, whose only purpose in life was to become a cheap t-shirt emblem.

This boycot is gaining steam...we've already reduced sales of Madden by some 3-4 copies...if you ain't with us, you're against us...

FIFA's not enough reason to boycot Madden? Then what is???

Most importantly: Dude, chill out...you ever heard the expression "tongue-in-cheek"?
jesus christ your an idiot...

csaunders said:
jesus christ your an idiot...

Mods, we're trying to have here a humorous discussion about Madden, everyone's playing along in good spirits, and along comes csaunders with unnecessary insults...

can you guys please warn her to chill out? She's doing this constantly w/o adding to the conversation at all.

Siroco said:
Mods, we're trying to have here a humorous discussion about Madden, everyone's playing along in good spirits, and along comes csaunders with unnecessary insults...

can you guys please warn her to chill out? She's doing this constantly w/o adding to the conversation at all.
your right, i just pointed out what evreyone knows on the forums, i really didnt have to post anything, mods feel free to remove my post

You tellin me you don;t liek my tone, then you insult che who first off helped liberate cuba, he was just as if not more instrumental than castro, he brought them freedom from oppresion, now I can't say castro is a ton better but Che had no choice in the leader, you insulting him without knowing who he is. Also, wtf does that haves to do with anything I said? And no, Fifa isn't neough to boycott Madden, it's an entirely different sport, you idiot.

Fidel originally had good intentions the US did not help matters trying to do then what they do now. Che was one of the worlds greatest believers in liberation and worked hard for it... the fact that most students nowadays adopt his monicker and have posters of him... few really understand the history behind this man and what he fought for.

EA are twats and do my head in with constant updates of games... the fact is they make better NFL games than the others (unlike FIFA which is worse than PES/WE) I just prefer 05 to 06 so I will stick with that until the 360 version shows me I need the other.

OK people, lets stop the insults flying at people, if ya really want to do that, use the PM system ;) just kidding. Lets stay on topic, this is about Madden 06, not Che Guevara or FIFA, they have there own topics somewhere, (maybe not Che). For me nothing comes close to ESPN, I just havent got into Madden in the past few years and so I will be boycotting it as they simply ruined the 2K series by removing their product from the shelves signing an exclusive deal not just with the NFL, but also with ESPN.

So lets not get personnel, just post your views without insulting others. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom