get pes6 from argos...

jdgr81

Banned
14 January 2006
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5682069.htm

You get a free "pro evolution soccer controller" and also a "pro evolution soccer water bottle" :lol:

Also, i noticed that when i pressed the "buy or reserve" button and typed in my postcode to see where it is available in the nearest argos to me, if i bought/pre-ordered it for in-store pickup i can get it today!

pes6reserveargosrd7.png

Not guaranteed to get it, haven't tried as i preordered off amazon using the affiliates link on this site. Just doing my bit for the community :D

Last edited:
Guti_14 thats a print screen from the argos website of when you click to reserve a copy. As i said in the first post "not guaranteed to get it, haven't tried". I'm guessing Argos are at fault with the dates they have put up on the site for collecting in-store...

mine said
"Thu 26th October - Mon 30th October"

when i clicked reserve it said:
"Sorry, the following item(s) are now out of stock and could not be reserved"

i noticed that it gives different dates from different stores. E.G. i typed walthamstow and it said the date above in the print screen. Then i typed Enfield and it gave thursday...

Trying tomorrow at the Argos Superstore in Glasgow. Was originally told between Tuesday and Thursday but I changed the reservation to include the controller and its now between today and tomorrow.

Gonna use the quick pay kiosk and hope no-one challenges it as its already been paid.

Don't bother until Friday. I work at Argos, you can't buy until friday.

While you can reserve stock as soon as it's released from deliveries, some stock (mainly video games) are programmed into the stock system with a release date, so when you try buying something the tills (and quickpay) tell you it's not currently on sale.

I try it at work everytime the day before after the store closes, but even then it's too soon :lol:

go to any independent game shop...they'll sell it as soon as its instore, normally the thursday before....wednesday even!

jdgr81 is right you do get a "pro evolution soccer controller" and also a "pro evolution soccer water bottle", when you buy PES6 in any Argos store.

Bit dodgy that there's no pictures of the free controller and water bottle, I'd be tempted to bet they've got all of the World Cup 2006 water bottles they didn't sell and stuck a "PES6" sticker over the top...

Jack Bauer said:
Bit dodgy that there's no pictures of the free controller and water bottle, I'd be tempted to bet they've got all of the World Cup 2006 water bottles they didn't sell and stuck a "PES6" sticker over the top...
Jack Bauer,

The water bottle is black, (shaped like the ones footballers use during matches) has the PES6 logo on it and has a ball near the top of it.

The controller looks a bit like the official PS2 controller. It is black has the PES6 logo in the middle and it even has the :square: , :triangle: , :circle: , :x: logos on the buttons.

Young GE said:
kwall717,

what exactly is free this controller and water bottle?

is it a PS2 control pad?

It's a water bottle sporting a PES6 logo with a hole though it, but in the hole is a little foam football you can play around with. Makes a nice stress ball for releasing anger at going a goal down :)

The controller is just a 3rd party controller with a PES6 logo on it too. I opened one up today to see how it felt. Wasn't too bad, but the buttons were a little clicky and clunky when pressed. Still, it's £20s worth for free stuff, so it's nothing to sniffed at.

Here's a photo from the Argos X-Mas gift guide, it's a tiny picture so my mobile can only get a low quality pic enlarged:

waterbottlejy4.jpg

Yes, it's a free PES6 controller, designed to work specfically with PES6.

You will find that none of the buttons or sticks work. This is part of the design. The game is basically just a scripted game of football with virtually no user input. The cpu takes care of all the moves it would like you to make. Isn't that nice?

nice but false, if you were joking then ignore this but if you weren't, then that your opinion is about as trustworthy as someone who says unicorns drive cars in africa ;)

kwall717 said:
It's a water bottle sporting a PES6 logo with a hole though it, but in the hole is a little foam football you can play around with. Makes a nice stress ball for releasing anger at going a goal down :)

The controller is just a 3rd party controller with a PES6 logo on it too. I opened one up today to see how it felt. Wasn't too bad, but the buttons were a little clicky and clunky when pressed. Still, it's £20s worth for free stuff, so it's nothing to sniffed at.

Here's a photo from the Argos X-Mas gift guide, it's a tiny picture so my mobile can only get a low quality pic enlarged:

waterbottlejy4.jpg
Thanks, im defiantly buying mine from Argos then!

PES6 is only £29.99 + freebies, cant go wrong!!!

studeep said:
nice but false, if you were joking then ignore this but if you weren't, then that your opinion is about as trustworthy as someone who says unicorns drive cars in africa ;)
if by 'unicorns' you mean 'men with only one arm', then it'd be quite likely, as they'd probably been mugged for their other arm.

why havn't Argos got PES6 with Adriano and Terry on the cover???

someone on PESFan said they went instore and it was the same cover as this one...

2725682069SPA66UC316077M.jpg

kwall717 said:

waterbottlejy4.jpg
eBay.... :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom