Ghost Recon : Advanced Warfighter

Holio said:
Well then you cant comment, oh and your biased working for Bohemia ;)

I like tactical shooters without all the hand holding games such as this and BF2 try to force down your throat, I don't want red triangles over an enemies head, I don't want red outlines, I want to see an enemy moving, line up my iron sights, calculate distance, bullet drop, target momentum, pull the trigger and watch them drop :)

Played it in my lunch hour (and a half), its good, very good. Myself, I would not go so far as to say it's World Class (eg GTA SA / Halflife etc) but it's the best game on the system by a long, long way and better than Halo on the Xbox in its time.

I just wish there was a keyboard and mouse control, but that's just me - persons used to shooters on consoles will be used to the controls.

is there any way of coming out of the zoom view rather than clicking the R stick twice? i find it really slow and keep getting shot at whilst i try to come out of the zoom view.

It is heeere :D

Edit: I love it, closest thing to being in 24 without either being in 24 or playing 24: The Game, which is utter crap in comparison. The options are excellent, being able to select 3rd or 1st person view is something that should be included with all games as I HATE 3rd person view - when I saw it was 3rd person at the beginning, boy did I panic. It is a shame that the backgrounds seem to be so fuzzy for no apparent reason, and that you can't take the headset off and go mano-e-mano, as Placebo talks about (I'm not really into the whole "it's 2013" thing), but it is excellent (if not complicated button-wise). I've got ten or so XBOX and XBOX 360 games, but it now looks like I'll only be playing three for a while, and that's this, Pro Evo and Halo 2 (because of the co-op mode that I haven't finished yet).

9.3 out of 10 from me.

Last edited:
God this game is good....I just love it!! This is the killer app that the 360 needed in my opinion. Well this is the only game that made me want a 360 anyway.

Feel free to add me anyway lads

Gamertag = Black Audi RS4

Love the online campaign. Played with Noted for a bit. We spent 40 minutes doing the mission, but during the extraction I shot the tail of our chopper thinking nothing would happen, only for it to blow up and leading to Mission Failed... 40 minutes wasted.

Milanista said:
Love the online campaign. Played with Noted for a bit. We spent 40 minutes doing the mission, but during the extraction I shot the tail of our chopper thinking nothing would happen, only for it to blow up and leading to Mission Failed... 40 minutes wasted.

Arse!!!!!!! .............................................. ;) See ya online soon people, though I aint letting Milanista on the chopper. :D

i like the way its complicated...but not TOO complicated.

The explosions are fucking ace. Grenading is the shit :D

Does anyone else always keep clicking zoom when trying to aim lol. I do it all the time online...bet I look like a right twat just stood there zooming in and out while there shooting fuck out of me :) Had some good games online though, everyone's been sound. Not like the tossers you get when you play pes5 online!

It's not out in Portugal yet! Fight Night was on schedule, but they fu**ed up with GRAW... And i was so looking forward to this game... :(

Buying online is always an option, but by the time it gets here, it'll probably be out here anyway... This sucks :(:(

does anyone else get a bit pissed off when they are trying to jump into a quick game online and do a custom search and choose a game that is in setup, when you choose the game you enter to find that the game has already started about 1mis and you then have to wait 5-20mins to enter. It can be exhausting trying to get into a game without having to wait. Part from that its the bollox.

i have found a few bugs in the game. i went to heal my soldier and the main character would stay locked in the crouch position and not be able to move.

and the main character floating in the air and not moving his legs whilst running.

Have found some bugs too. Theres a level where you're shooting a whole bunch of terrorists while waiting for reinforcements..... well anyway on that level, the terrain began to become black and disappear, so all you could see was soldiers running on nothing. I reloaded the game and it was fine.

slasher said:
does anyone else get a bit pissed off when they are trying to jump into a quick game online and do a custom search and choose a game that is in setup, when you choose the game you enter to find that the game has already started about 1mis and you then have to wait 5-20mins to enter. It can be exhausting trying to get into a game without having to wait. Part from that its the bollox.

Yeh cause I get really impatient sometimes, hopefully they might be able to make a more upto date search. Cos I agree this is the only thing that annoys me a little, but every room I finally get in has always been good :)

What's everyone's weapon of choice anyway? I seem to have the most luck with the M8 Carbine tbh...just wondered what you all do your killing with? 8)

Didn't want to make a new thread just for this, so sorry that it's not 100% on-topic.

In the earlier Ghost Recon games on the XBOX, can you change the view from third-person to first-person?

Jack Bauer said:
Didn't want to make a new thread just for this, so sorry that it's not 100% on-topic.

In the earlier Ghost Recon games on the XBOX, can you change the view from third-person to first-person?

I'm sure you could in GR2 and in the original I think it was first-person only, but I may be wrong.

Jack Bauer said:

Press start and turn "over the shoulder view" OFF :)

and i will reply to your pm when i get back from footie :D

Greets

Auto Aim... nah there isnt but more accurate aim by holding down the left trigger whilst aiming is more like the truth. I think its a great game and I know a guy before said he didnt think the graphics were as good but I think they are ace! so textured and detailed especially when playing in HD on my VGA Monitor!

DJ

cammeyboy said:
If you boys can get a clan toghether then mabye we could give you a bit of a rival game from pesfan? \\:o/

It would be rude not to and it will definately be fuckin rude when it happens

Back
Top Bottom