Sheffield Wednesday
Cover:
596863-tom-clancy-s-ghost-recon-breakpoint-windows-front-cover.jpg

Platforms: PS4/Xbox One/PC
Release Date: 04 Oct 2019

Developer: Ubisoft
Genre: Tactical Shooter

Description:
You are sent to Auroa for what seems to a be a typical recon mission, but your helicopter is shot down. The island has fallen into the wrong hands

https://www.gamersyde.com/news_ghost_recon_breakpoint_videos-20835_en.html

Might get that depending on price.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are pleased to confirm you have been registered to play the Online Technical Test for Ghost Recon Breakpoint from 31st May (12 PM CEST) to 3rd June
(12 PM CEST)!

Please check your local time to jump into the game right at the beginning.
upload_2019-5-30_7-51-3.gif

I have three invites on PC if anyone is interested...

adj0NNn.png

Starts in 90 minutes!!!

There is a lot of controversy around that game as it will require active online connection. A lot of people were saying it will not include Solo mode and you will not have AI team mates.
I got in touch with one of the developers. He told me that there will be an option to play Solo, whole campaign can be done without having to team up with anyone if we choose not to.
It will, however, require active internet connection.
So people with weak internet might not get to enjoy it.
Additionally - at some point, when they bring a new title or something, they will switch the servers off and game will become a coaster for our cups of tea.

I actually got one this time around, but thanks for the offer.

Will definitely give it a go this weekend, just need to find the time.

Interested in this, however like all Ubisoft games, it'll get discounted within a month. So I won't be buying it at launch, and wait and see what everyone thinks of it post launch.

Wildlands was somewhat enjoyable to feck around in, but honestly, the likes of Wildlands and Breakpoint just make me pine for the days of original Ghost Recon (hell, I'd even take GRAW at this point). Ghost Recon: Island Thunder was my jam.

Wildlands was somewhat enjoyable to feck around in, but honestly, the likes of Wildlands and Breakpoint just make me pine for the days of original Ghost Recon (hell, I'd even take GRAW at this point). Ghost Recon: Island Thunder was my jam.
Its sad to see the series in such a state. Loved the originals but GR2 and summit strike was the pinnacle for me. Graw was decent but Graw 2 was the start of the downfall. Going open world and playing the exact same as Far Cry is the final nail in the coffin gameplay wise. Now its a series for those obsessed with open worlds. Wildlands was bang average and Breakpoint beta somehow was far worse.

Only way we will ever see a decent GR game now is if they make it a AA game rather than triple.

I'd really enjoy it if...

A) The framerate wasn't so terrible

B) The controls weren't so horribly, horribly laggy (reminds me of the Killzone mess, when the first PS3 one launched and your button presses were a good 1-2 seconds behind the action), and

C) It wasn't so STUPIDLY complicated to do the SIMPLEST things, e.g. want to set a mission? Okay, go into the submenu, pick whether it's a mission, an investigation, a side-mission or an objective (what the fuck), then "pin" what you want to do, then click the incredibly vague bullet points that just say "complete this objective" or something to get an actual line of text to appear that describes what you want to do, then press X for the game to register that you've collected the thing it's asked you to collect, which will occasionally take you to a subsection to show you the passage from a book or whatever it is you found, then press back and WHAT THE FUCK I've given up and gone to bed at this point!

Everything else I really like, seriously. Downgrade the graphics so I can play at 60fps, get rid of the controller lag and make the UI (that's like an encyclopedia) ten times lighter and I'm in with bells on. Unti then, pass.

Finally got into the full game today and am loving it. Although I didn't play a lot of the beta but it seems a bit more solid now. Menus and everything are still confusing but i bet it's great to play with friends but my friend is an idiot isn't he? @Chris Davies

Most reviews suggests this is very avarage, or below that. A shame, I was hoping to play this with my mate.
I think if you play with mates and you dont take it seriously it will be a laugh like Wildlands was if you just goof around doing mad shit and laughing at all the bugs. Its just alot of us older Ghost Recon fans did not want the series to take this direction and wanted it to remain a semi mil sim.

I think if you play with mates and you dont take it seriously it will be a laugh like Wildlands was if you just goof around doing mad shit and laughing at all the bugs. Its just alot of us older Ghost Recon fans did not want the series to take this direction and wanted it to remain a semi mil sim.
I will just pick up Wildlands on the next sale. Never played that either.

It's gone down the same road as 'The Division' micro rewards and all that shite, level up's and stuff like that, could've been a lot better.

Didn't feel like dragging up some old Wildlands thread but I have been playing that with my friend for a few nights. It took a while for us to get the hang of it but now we do alright. A bit weird that there aren't two AI buddies when playing with just one other person, is it the same for Breakpoint?

That said, taking out an outpost or whatever they are called here with stealth only (or mostly) is very satisfying. Drone, tag, execute.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom