Gianfranco Zola Retires

Milanista

Mangiamoli!
19 December 2002
London & Milan
AC Milan
He was a great player, and I think he fully deserves his own thread. Hes even been knighted by the queen.

Today he announced his retirement at 38, a week before his 39th birthday. After 2 great seasons at Cagliari - from Serie B to securing Serie A.

Last edited:
_1960381_zola300.jpg

23_Free_kick_by_Zola_04_21_2003.sized.jpg

zola_card.gif

_38769963_zola_spurs1_300.gif

_38769965_zola_spurs2_300.gif

14_zola.jpg

zola1.jpg

zola3.jpg

chelsea-6.jpg

4138.jpg

Zola, a truly brilliant career.

love that guy, can't believe he will be gone...GIANFRANCO ZOLA...*sings* :D :applause:

Great player, I believed he still would play a season more with some ascended team this season in the Serie A.

Top class player from what I saw of him @ Chelsea, that back heel goal is onna the cheekiest I've ever seen.

Have a nice life m8!

A great gentleman on and off the pitch. Played some of the best football seen in England in the 90's. Zola!

I would have loved to see him play in the Premership one last time. Truely a legend.

Zola taught me to love football and what it has to offer. He along with roberto baggio taught me a whole lot about life too.

I wish Zola the best and thank him for providing many italians with an inspiration to life!

Zola is a god in Chelsea and forever will be. Let's not forget his squad number was retired when he left. And who can forget his superb goal against Norwich in the cup? - has to be one of favs. Many have tried similar goals, but none have been as good.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Zola is a god in Chelsea and forever will be. Let's not forget his squad number was retired when he left. And who can forget his superb goal against Norwich in the cup? - has to be one of favs. Many have tried similar goals, but none have been as good.

ermmm , del piero, but del piero's wasnt that hard of an angle, zola score from an amazing angle in that corner, plus he had a marker

Back
Top Bottom