Gianluca Pessotto suicide attempt?

Dominic

Serie A
19 August 2003
Netherlands
Gianluca Pessotto, the new Juventus team manager, is in a serious condition after a freak accident in Turin this morning.

Reports suggest that the former defender, who only retired from the game this summer, fell from a second floor window at the club’s headquarters in Corso Galileo Ferraris.

Pessotto has been rushed to the Molinette hospital with what, at this stage, seem to be serious injuries – even if not life threatening.

The former Torino player was only appointed as team manager this month after Alessio Secco was promoted to sporting director.

The news has also reached the Italian national team camp in Germany today. Captain Fabio Cannavaro, a teammate and friend, left a media conference this morning when told of the incident.

Pessotto spent 11 years with the outfit as a player following his move from city rivals Torino.

The full-back, who won 22 Azzurri caps, won six Scudetti with the Old Lady and the 1996 Champions League.

Apparently he was also found a with a rosary in his hand..

:(

Oh dear.

I looked but couldn't find anything apart from Wikpedia saying he was apparantly dead.

Didn't even know he was the boss. Thought it was still the guy from last year.

FD

He only recently took over Alessio Secco's role as team manager.

Gazzetta say he is not in life danger at the moment.

Weird, Wikpedia have removed that bottom part that said he had 'apparantly died'. :roll:

Poor chap.

I thought you had said with a 'Rose in his hand'. :roll: :oops:

FD

Sad story...strange things happen at Juventus....
This happens when football gets corrupt (and i'm not necessary referring to Italy or Juve)

The police, investigating the thing, seem to think suicide WAS the case.
Bit odd though, why go for such a low building...

It seems Pessotto's spine is okay, but that he suffered from massive internal bleeding.
Ferrara, Del Piero, Cannavaro and Zambrotta left the Italy trainigscamp to stay with Pessotto.

Edit: Just read that he was under a prescription for an apparant depression.

Last edited:
Yes, it seems that he was suffering for depression...I'm really shocked, Pessotto is a great guy and really a part of Juventus'story. I hope this thing will have an happy ending, with Pesso recovering from both his phisycal and mental issues.
Zambro, Alex, Ciro and Canna are great people too, they went to visit their friend and that's a touching considering that they're all in the middle of a world cup.
Please, to all the people, avoid the jokes and respect the guy, this is a serious thing. Thanks.

Stan said:
Sad story...strange things happen at Juventus....
This happens when football gets corrupt (and i'm not necessary referring to Italy or Juve)

i think this case has nothing to do with juves story.he has depressions as far as i know.

Pessotto is probably the 'nicest' footballers around. Always very clean, had a heart for his club, and never cheated. I really hope hes fine because hes been great for Juventus and is one of the few honest footballers in Italy left.

What a sad news :( and yeh like Tyrian said, let's avoid the jokes guys.
Don Domenico said:
The police, investigating the thing, seem to think suicide WAS the case.
Bit odd though, why go for such a low building...

Edit: Just read that he was under a prescription for an apparant depression.
Yeah the events are all a bit bizarre and sad :(

I hope he gets better soon and gets over his depression. :|
A very professional player who played with a lot of heart for Juve and gave the club years of service.

Good luck Gianluca! Hope ya get better man!

His juve teammates and colleagues dismiss the suicide theories, as they all know him as an great, enthusiatic and happy man, especially since taking his new position.

Milanista said:
Pessotto is probably the 'nicest' footballer around. Always very clean

Haha, I initially read the 'very clean' comment as referring to his hygiene. Aah, I usually think people are too touchy about these things but yea, let's respect him. It shows how good of a guy he is if Zambrotta and Cannavaro are going to see him, those are a pair of classy lads from what I know.

Don Domenico said:
His juve teammates and colleagues dismiss the suicide theories, as they all know him as an great, enthusiatic and happy man, especially since taking his new position.
i wonder what happend, bizzare a chap who played football all of his life(something most of us would die for in itself) and probably is pretty well off, and yet still possibly suffers from depression and may have tried to off himiself, life is strange, i feel bad for him and his family, i hope he gets well mentally and physically

Yeah very odd indeed.

Disturbing more news though as doctors say he may not make it afterall, his condition worsened last night.

Don Domenico said:
Yeah very odd indeed.

Disturbing more news though as doctors say he may not make it afterall, his condition worsened last night.

:( I hope he pulls through, I seen the height from which he fell and he will be a lucky man if his condition can get better.

The Mafia pushed him to send a message maybe. The timing isn't exactly the best for suicide. then again the pressure of scandal... :\

the best for pessoto.

EDIT: I watched the Sopranos last night. :mrgreen:

He was awake and aware today! They lowered the drugs of his induced coma, and he awoke. His condition will need to be watched over for at least a week though, as he is still at risk.

Hmm, strange one this.

He should not be made the fall guy for Juve's problems tho :p

Back
Top Bottom