Gigs Thread - Iron Maiden tour dates!

Re: Gigs Thread

I've seen:

Vex Red
Bush
Elvis (the band not the man, they were a supporting act and were pritty decent)
Stone Sour
Murderdolls (i dont like them but they were playing with StoneSour)

Im planning to extend that list, gonna go see S.O.A.D in Manchester and afew more when they pop up.

csaunders said:
there comming to nottingham and london bro, check them out, should be a good time.... check out there web page

Yeah, i'll check it out, I've been wanting to see them live for ages... one of America's best bands. Be sure to tell us how it was.

Went to see the Bravery on Sunday

Absoloute quaslity gig (albeit a bit short)

The Bassist if off his head, he drank i reckon easy 10 bottles of lager (whilst playing the bass) in under 45 minutes

danwin said:
Sounds like a nice intimate gig csaunders, I would really like to see Wilco live.

I recntly just got into Wilco, I had never heard of them a month ago, and then I heard Jesus etc. and I thought, yep my favourite band for the next year. I immediately bought Yankee Hotel Foxtrot which was stunning followed by Being There which I think is even better.
Hm... what to get next? :-k

I went to watch Doves recently in Manchester... they were great... I came home and booked a gig to watch the Eels. Supposed to be great live. Can't wait.

I saw Feeder last Saturday at Brixton, cracking gig. If you get the chance to see them live, you must.

I wanna see Doves. All 3 of their albums are top!

I have tickets for Springsteen and April 26 I'll be seeing Ray Lamontagne, who has brought out one of the best records of the last few years.

Flawless I used to like Biffy Clyro a lot, seen them about 6/7 times and they are great live, last one I went to the guy was jumping about so much he broke his foot the daft git. Seen Hell Is For Heroes twice, they were supporting BC on one and on the other American Hi-Fi (I got that gig for free so can't complain).

Seen White Stripes and The Strokes a few times, they were both terrific but I would have to say the best live gig I've been to was The Hives, that was mental. The White Stripes in a small venue do run them pretty close though.

The Vines were disappointing, might be an idea for the singer not to come onstage wasted because he was slabbering all night. Been to a couple of festivals and seen some bands I maybe wouldn't usually go see like Iggy Pop, Kelis and Green Day.

Last one I was at was The Coral, about 18 months ago. Maybe time to get to another one tho it's hard when I don't like many of the new bands around (The Kaiser Chiefs do my sodding head in).

Re: Gigs Thread - Coldplay missing out Brum again!

Coldplay have announced a new tour for December, but are missing out Birmingham again! Looks like I'm gonna have to travel to see them :(

Dates:
Earl's Court on Wednesday 14 December
Newcastle Telewest Arena on Sunday 18 December
Manchester Evening News Arena on Monday 19 December
Belfast Odessy Arena on Wednesday 21st December

Did you guys see Franz Ferd in the UK?
Apparently there was some incident with the base guitarist that was hilarious.

I got back from the Leeds Festival the other day and it was absolutely amazing , saw some great bands there , loved it , apart from I had no sleeping bag or pillow. Its not fun sleeping in about 5 layers of clothes.

Next gigs for me are Arctic Monkeys & Bloc Party both in October , also got tickets for Babyshambles if that tour ever goes ahead.

I dno thats what a friend told me.

Can't wait to see Coldplay again in December, saw them at Crystal Palace in June and they were brilliant. Hopefully get my tickets tomorrow.

Butatista said:
Can't wait to see Coldplay again in December, saw them at Crystal Palace in June and they were brilliant. Hopefully get my tickets tomorrow.

Tickets go on sale Friday, 9 am. I suggest you get up early, cause they're bound to sell out within a couple of hours

Are you sure Franz never were in the UK?

Oh okay because my friend was telling me.

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Tickets go on sale Friday, 9 am. I suggest you get up early, cause they're bound to sell out within a couple of hours

Not if you are a member of the Coldplay website as I am, I get the chance to get them in the pre-sale :)

Butatista said:
Not if you are a member of the Coldplay website as I am, I get the chance to get them in the pre-sale :)

Is it free to become a member? And if I became a member later, could I still get them in the pre-sale?

Or do you have to have been a member for a certain amount of time?

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Is it free to become a member? And if I became a member later, could I still get them in the pre-sale?

Or do you have to have been a member for a certain amount of time?

Sorry mate I got an email from them in earlier in the week with a code to use, so you are probably too late.

*Just got my tickets for 15th December, the extra date at Earls Court, YES!

Last edited:

Saw Foo Fighters tonight for the first time, supported by The Futureheads. I've been eager to see both bands for a while - they both have great reputations for being awesome live. They did not disappoint.

The Futureheads were energetic, colourful and their harmonising sounds awesome live. Can't wait for them to do a headline tour.

The Foos were amazing, easily one of my top bands I've seen live. Dave ran into the centre of the arena and stood on a table, then had a guitar duel with their lead guitarist who was still on the stage :D

They had brilliant lighting (lots of laser lights and stuff) and a quality backdrop, with screens showing the band playing.

They had a great setlist:

In Your Honour
No Way Back
My Hero
Best of You
Up in Arms
Learn to Fly
Times Like These
The One
Stacked Actors
Big Me
Generator
Have it All
Breakout
Low
Hey JP
Everlong
Monkey Wrench
----------
This is a Call
Cold Day
All My Life

No DOA unfortunately, I have no idea why though!

Re: Gigs Thread - Foo Fighters rocked!!

That's good to know Flawless, seeing the Foo's next Tuesday in Dublin, ROCK!

Re: Gigs Thread - Foo Fighters rocked!!

I saw Coldplay last night, awesome stuff!! They really are amazing live, been lucky enough to see them twice this year.

Clocks was just great.

Chris did something I have never seen before at a gig, in the encore he got off stage and ran down the side of the standing area all the way to the back of the venue and carried on singing with the fans at the back. Brilliant stuff.

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Saw Foo Fighters tonight for the first time, supported by The Futureheads. I've been eager to see both bands for a while - they both have great reputations for being awesome live. They did not disappoint.

The Futureheads were energetic, colourful and their harmonising sounds awesome live. Can't wait for them to do a headline tour.

The Foos were amazing, easily one of my top bands I've seen live. Dave ran into the centre of the arena and stood on a table, then had a guitar duel with their lead guitarist who was still on the stage :D

They had brilliant lighting (lots of laser lights and stuff) and a quality backdrop, with screens showing the band playing.

They had a great setlist:

In Your Honour
No Way Back
My Hero
Best of You
Up in Arms
Learn to Fly
Times Like These
The One
Stacked Actors
Big Me
Generator
Have it All
Breakout
Low
Hey JP
Everlong
Monkey Wrench
----------
This is a Call
Cold Day
All My Life

No DOA unfortunately, I have no idea why though!

I saw them on the Monday at the SECC in Glasgow , it was fantastic. Did u get a drum solo that was out of this world?? Just curious. The set list was almost identical , when I heard a kinda acoustic Everlong it was fantastic then it kicked in AMAZING!!!!:applause: :applause:

Cloud1863 said:
I saw them on the Monday at the SECC in Glasgow , it was fantastic. Did u get a drum solo that was out of this world?? Just curious. The set list was almost identical , when I heard a kinda acoustic Everlong it was fantastic then it kicked in AMAZING!!!!:applause: :applause:

Yup, we got the drum solo also :D

Back
Top Bottom