Gigs Thread - Iron Maiden tour dates!

FlawlessCowboy

Stunted
5 July 2004
Coventry, UK
Hey, I thought we could use a thread to discuss the gigs/concerts people have been too and upcoming tours of bands and such. I myself, go to a fair amount of gigs. Mainly metal/punk/emo bands at the Birmingham Academy. To name a few:

Hundred Reasons
Franz Ferdinand
Funeral For a Friend
Blink 182
Greenday
Taking Back Sunday
My Chemical Romance
Coldplay

I saw Greenday at the B'Ham NIA on Sunday and I have to say, they were outstanding. I'm not the hugest fan of Greenday but they're performance was awesome, definately one of the best gigs I've been too.
I was disappointed to discover however that U2s upcoming Vertigo Tour will not be coming to Birmingham
icon_sad.gif
This is the band I've wanted to see live for a long time, as I'm sure they won't be doing many more tours, if any.

Anyways, upcoming gigs for me will hopefully be Fall Out Boy on the 24th of Feb. And when tickets go on sale on Friday 28th for Idlewild, I'm gonna grab myself a few of them too!

Last edited:
Re: Gigs Thread

Well during the tail end of last year I saw LostProphets and The Thrills, both were class, hope to get tickets to go see Doves in Feb, and maybe a few comedy gigs in Belfast. U2 tickets go on sale next week for Dublin, no doubt they will sell out so damn fast, but I think it will be worthwhile tyring to get them.

I've seen them twice now, once in Belfast for the Popmart tour and then at Slane when they were touring with All That You Cant Leave Behind. The Popmart tour was totally awesome. I reckon they will tour again, if you learn anything from aging rock stars it's that they love money and touring, hence why the Stones still tour!!!!!!!

I have got tickets to see U2 in London on 18th June. I have seen them before and their gigs are awesome. The only downside is the sheer size of the venues they play in, they are just too big. I really wish they could play some smaller, more initimate venues as it would be even better.

I saw LostProphets at Radio 1's One Big Weekend (the tickets were free!). Other bands I saw there were Razorlight, The Music and Kasabian. Not bad considering all I had to pay for was some food and drink!

Seen Ordinary Boys, Kaiser Chiefs twice, The Futureheads three times, The Killers, Bloc Party, Blink 182, Franz Ferdinand, The Kills and going to see Greenday and The Bravery soon

Watched Franz Ferdinand a few months back, they were really good actually. Going to see Mercury Rev next month, should be good.

super mick mcarthy said:
Seen Ordinary Boys, Kaiser Chiefs twice, The Futureheads three times, The Killers, Bloc Party, Blink 182, Franz Ferdinand, The Kills and going to see Greenday and The Bravery soon

seriously mate i am so jealous of you!
those are all of my fave bands at the moment, especially the killers and the bravery!
good choice in music mate :)

stiffler said:
seriously mate i am so jealous of you!
those are all of my fave bands at the moment, especially the killers and the bravery!
good choice in music mate :)

I like to think i have good taste :P

Im about to book tickets to see the Kaiser Chiefs again in March too

If you EVER get a chance to see the Futurheads, do it! Best band about at the mo

I love The Futureheads and The Ordinary Boys, but haven't seen them live as of yet! I missed out on the NME Awards Tour this year which I was gutted about. Also desperate to see The Ordinary Boys but missed out on their tour late last year!

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
I love The Futureheads and The Ordinary Boys, but haven't seen them live as of yet! I missed out on the NME Awards Tour this year which I was gutted about. Also desperate to see The Ordinary Boys but missed out on their tour late last year!

I wouldnt stress about not seeing the Ordinary Boys, theyre easily the poorest live act ive seen. They were trying to play too hard, and it doesnt suit there music

Futureheads are the best live act ive seen (bar Blink 182, who are a different level of band i.e. stageshow was class)

Got my tickets to see the Kaiser Chiefs yesterday

£10 each, back of the net

As well as U2, I am seeing Embrace @ Brixton in March which will be quality. BTW the best gig I saw last year was Keane. They are brilliant live, don't think they are touring again until later this year. :(. Apart from their up and coming US tour that is.

Been to REM tonight, very good concert, high quality and the sound was just awesome. Everybody Hurts was fucking beautiful!

Gunnerglory, I would like to punch that little kid in your avator, he looks like a right little bastard.

I’ve had some pretty late night sessions myself, yeah. In 1976 I saw ELO at the Birmingham NEC. I was there shouting with everyone else – “come back on ELO, and carry on playing”.

Starsky said:
I’ve had some pretty late night sessions myself, yeah. In 1976 I saw ELO at the Birmingham NEC. I was there shouting with everyone else – “come back on ELO, and carry on playing”.

Is that Partridge ;)

Just ordered two tickets to go the Give It A Name gig in London on May 2nd. Anyone else going?

London's Alexandra Palace is the place to be for any metal fan on Bank Holiday Monday May 2. Give It A Name '05 will bring you ten hours of must see curent rock artists, including Funeral For A Friend's first UK show of 2005

Artists who have confirmed performances include;

Funeral For a Friend
Finch
Coheed & Cambria
Rise Against
Alexisonfire
Lucky 9
Fightstar
Emmanuel plus many more artists still to be announced

Should be awesome
icon_biggrin.gif
But I've still gotta figure out how I'm getting there and back and when!

just got news that my mate has got me a ticket to see U2 in the millenium stadium in June - i am not the greatest U2 i have tbh but they have the Killers as a warm up act - i am bascially going just to see them!!

Wooooo!! Just got back from seeing Biffy Clyro at the Wulfrun Hall in Wolverhampton. Seen 'em before as a support to Hundred Reasons, and boy, are they amazing live. Played a pretty large set too (about an hour and a half), and the quality of it was awesome. It was just like listening to their albums, but about 10 times louder and better. You would NOT believe that so much sound and energy can come from three scottish guys on a stage.

Hell is for Heroes were supporting too, which is an excellent bonus. These are one of my favourite bands (seen them twice before tonight on headline tours), and they never fail to blow you away live! Check them out at http://www.hell-is-for-heroes.net

\\:o/

Seeing Doves in Belfast on saturday, really looking forward to seeing them, seen them once before at Glastonbury in 2000, looking forward to Live versions of Pounding and There Goes The Fear, will report back about how good or bad they were.

Sounds like a nice intimate gig csaunders, I would really like to see Wilco live.

danwin said:
Sounds like a nice intimate gig csaunders, I would really like to see Wilco live.
there comming to nottingham and london bro, check them out, should be a good time.... check out there web page

Back
Top Bottom