• Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing discussion forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.
  • Site maintenance info: We got rid of the "Patches and Option Files" area and moved all threads from 2020 to their corresponding subs in the Editing area. Let me know if you're missing a thread or face any other issues related to this move. /Tom

Goalie Taking A Corner

mjp

Premiership
15 October 2002
Liverpool
Liverpool F. C
Thought I'd try my hand at the top level last night (Pro Evo 6 btw) - just to see how tough it would be.

Well, within 45 mins I'm 4 down to Argentina as Riquelme takes the p*ss with my one paced DMF (Xavi Alonso). I make a tactical change at half-time, setting Iniesta to man-mark the main main and come back to 4-1 but having the majority of possession and being unlucky with some decent half-chances.

Anyway, it's still 4-1, 15 mins to go, and the Argies have a corner on my right side. Next thing I know, their g/keeper is taking the friggen corner!!!

I manage to clear to the half-way line, to Reyes, so I take a shot, simply making sure it's on target and powerful enough think "yes, it's in!" only to see Ayala covering the 6-yard box!

Two things:
Does the Argentinian g/k take corners in real-life? I had never heard that before or was the CPU just taking the p*ss out of me for being so sh*te?
Despite it's numerous annoyances and bugs and omissions, the AI of Ayala covering back so deep in his own area was highly impressive.

Discuss.

Or not.......

S

SuicydeSnake

wow, that is pretty cool. no idea how he did that, maybe select kicker > goalie, then edit position of Ayala to penalty box. i've never tried it mind

Pretty clever of the AI i guess :)

F

fidel_cashflow

defenders automatically defend the goal if your goalie is far away from goal.
I've already seen such things in PES5

Top Bottom