GOARMY AD

Harrier du Bois

League 2
18 March 2002
Well I guess you guys have to take what you get, but for somebody like me, who loves the thought of football beeing a game that unites people and stands for people from all over the world having a good, peaceful time, it might be somehow disturbing/irritating to see an ad like this on a football-forum.

Aint meant offensive, just my two cents.

Cheers

I can see your point but I don't think evo-web gets to pick and chose the ads that appear in the banner. I presume advertisers go to soccergaming and ask for space, then that gets rolled to any site hanging off the main soccergaming site.

If it does offend anyone, then install Firefox and block it. In fact install Firefox anyway and block all ads :)

ReActor said:
In fact install Firefox anyway and block all ads :)

But as I want to support evo-web I off course click a banner now and then, and I at least want to see what I'm clicking. :)

Right, this is out of our hands, it's Soccergaming's decision. In order to keep this site alive, we have to take them all :)

Simply get an ad-blocker of some sort, I can't believe people still browsing without such a nifty device anyway.

Kezz said:
Right, this is out of our hands, it's Soccergaming's decision. In order to keep this site alive, we have to take them all :)

Simply get an ad-blocker of some sort, I can't believe people still browsing without such a nifty device anyway.

As I worte above^^^^: want to support but want to know what I'm clicking

BTW using Proxomitron to block what I dont want to see.

Eigentlich isses schnurz, ob du hier auf die Banner klickst oder nicht. Zumindest haben wir in diese Richtung keine Auflagen von SG bekommen. Kannst die also ruhig alle ausschalten ;)

Placebo said:
As a Firefox Adblock user I'm curious now, what's offensive about this ad? :)

I have no idea either and currently have many dodgy ideas as to what it says running through my head

Chris Wright and I are currently in negotiations with soccergaming about removing this advert and any other army slogans or innuendo that appears on Evo-Web. The status after our 4 hour lunch meeting earlier has brought us back to where we started but please rest assured the chris and I will continue to tackle these guys vigorously and we WILL reach some kind of agreement. please bear with us. Thanks for contacting the evo-web.co.uk staff.

gunnerglory said:
Chris Wright and I are currently in negotiations with soccergaming about removing this advert and any other army slogans or innuendo that appears on Evo-Web. The status after our 4 hour lunch meeting earlier has brought us back to where we started but please rest assured the chris and I will continue to tackle these guys vigorously and we WILL reach some kind of agreement. please bear with us. Thanks for contacting the evo-web.co.uk staff.

To CWright: Interesting that you as an admin dont know what your site looks like :)

Gunnerglory, I highly appreciate you caring about EVERYTHING that is stated in here. I'm pretty sure you will fight down the forces off old and evil and we will not be forced to see (or not) this disgusting advertisment anymore.

Thanks for your effort!!!
You truely are the peoples mod!!!

PS: Kezz, wusst ich nicht, ich dachte man müsste die Banner klicken damit Ihr was davon habt.

mattster12 said:
It's a portable mp3 player, have you honestly never heard of an ipod :shock:
Never heard of it, i'm very archaic. Thanks.

There great I've got a 20gb one, the limited edition U2 one. It looks cool and I've only half filled it with all my albums.

I love it!!

rockykabir said:
Oh, the irony of it all.....

In their everlasting quest to remove those random scam posts about free ipods, psps etc..., it looks like evo-web (or should I say Soccergaming?) have been brought out :D

The delivery of ads is not even controlled by SoccerGaming. It is UGO (www.ugo.com) who is the ad network for the entire SoccerGaming family (including evo-web).

Back
Top Bottom