God of War

Yah got maximum score from gamespy also. Only today I've heard of it! They say it's probably one of best games in PS2, and some people might consider it the best. Gonna try to get it!

This has been getting top reviews across the board, it's basically a hack and slash with some magic thrown in set within Greek mythology.

It's being billed in some quarters as the best PS2 game ever! Which is a pretty bold statement.

Haven't played it but from the screens and videos, the rankings really does the game justice. Top of my list of wanted games this year.

Just like you Guys I wasn't aware of this until now that its hit with a really High Review score.

Some of the Gamespot & IGN Reader Reviews are saying this is unbelievable and the closest a game has come to being made perfect by its Developer .... Others saying its the best console Game this Generation.

One guy even said he has been playing games for 20 Years and this is the first time he has played a Game for 24 Hours almost solidly ...

Don't think I can remeber a game coming from nowhere like this and receiving so much amazing praise .... interesting.

Lets hope its as good as they say ?

Who will be first to get it on here and post Impressions ? ;-)

What about ICO when it comes to coming out of nowhere? Never heard of it coming and when it was released i played it at the shop and within 10 mins I bought it. Still heavily unrecognized to'.

The movies looks very promising, wonder how all those combo's gonna work out!

distefano said:
What about ICO when it comes to coming out of nowhere? Never heard of it coming and when it was released i played it at the shop and within 10 mins I bought it. Still heavily unrecognized to'.

The movies looks very promising, wonder how all those combo's gonna work out!

Ico should have been pimped to fuck by Sony, but it never really got the support it deserved. Such a tragic waste. Still, Shadow Of The Colossus might do better, eh.

Elite (25th March!) said:
Im gonna play god of war within 1 hour, ill keep you posted!

You're stopping for food and toilet breaks right? :mrgreen:

I played about 90 mins of this so far, it's very nice indeed. The boss fights are fecking great, that Hydra!

ClassicD said:
You're stopping for food and toilet breaks right? :mrgreen:

I played about 90 mins of this so far, it's very nice indeed. The boss fights are fecking great, that Hydra!

Just bought it AWESOME!

So much more fun than DMC3!

Roll on the sequel!

So you that have played this - what makes this game outstanding compared to others? Exciting gameplay elements? A unique style?

I'm getting a little suspicious with all these 90% + rated games lately that only offer a mix of well known game elements with good technical design, but no soul.

Ike said:
So you that have played this - what makes this game outstanding compared to others? Exciting gameplay elements? A unique style?

I'm getting a little suspicious with all these 90% + rated games lately that only offer a mix of well known game elements with good technical design, but no soul.

First its FUN 2 many games arent nowadays!

Only just started but the controls work well already had a puzzle which was not 2 challenging but taxing.

The fight system is not complicated so anyone can play and get hooked like me. have turned it off but will play later it has that feel of beening hrd but worth the effort Ninja Gaiden comes 2 mind.

It is not better than NG IMO but is mor fun and you wont get pissed with the first boss.

DMC3 and this are very similar but am enjoying this maybe with the whole greek mythology feel.

But definately import if can or buy when out over here.

The wonders of a modded console!

I also got the game, and it rocks! The fighting system, the gore, the story, the greek feeling, its all perfect. I really like the atmosphere in the game and the HUGE bosses. I just played for about 2 hours now, but I'm really enjoying it. I also bought Timesplitters 3, but I havent touched the game yet, too busy with God of War.

I should be getting this tomorrow with a bit of luck. A couple of people at work were playing it and it looks fecking awesome. One of them's also a hardened old games cynic and he was grinning like a little girl after playing it. That was enough for me. :)

I've had this since Tuesday too and I still haven't managed to get time for a chance to even start it yet ... not the sort of Game you pop in when you have a free 10 minutes is it ?

This sort of Title needs at least a couple of hours to get yourself Absorbed in it all ;-)

Need to find some time this Weekend .... No Really I mean it .... I do :)

Zygalski said:
Played it for 15 minutes and didn't want to stop. Great game. Can't wait to see how it goes.

Play it.

I think i am pretty far, been playing for 4hrs so dnt know!

Wow. This game totally blew me away. The hydra battle... amazing. Hands down one of the best games EVER if not the best. Play it.

this game is absolutely superb. my game of the year so far. i hadnt even heard of it a couple of weeks ago. played a hell of a lot of it since tuesday. am currently on the pandoras box level.

Just how fucking good, fun, well presented, stylish and well made is it? It seems beautifully paced, and with graphics that are the best ive seen on the ps2. The puzzles are also sweet. You think your stuck then your brain kicks in, and you realise what you have to do. I felt so stupid the second time you use the fixed crossbow, after rotating that plate. Took me ages to work out. Same goes for the two pillars trapping those flying things, and the stacked two pillars when you same that women (name escapes me). Its so well thought out.

The hydra battle was quality. As was the bit where you have to chase the sirens by following their voice.

Mint game!

Dangerous Dave said:
this game is absolutely superb. my game of the year so far. i hadnt even heard of it a couple of weeks ago. played a hell of a lot of it since tuesday. am currently on the pandoras box level.

Just how fucking good, fun, well presented, stylish and well made is it? It seems beautifully paced, and with graphics that are the best ive seen on the ps2. The puzzles are also sweet. You think your stuck then your brain kicks in, and you realise what you have to do. I felt so stupid the second time you use the fixed crossbow, after rotating that plate. Took me ages to work out. Same goes for the two pillars trapping those flying things, and the stacked two pillars when you same that women (name escapes me). Its so well thought out.

The hydra battle was quality. As was the bit where you have to chase the sirens by following their voice.

Mint game!

Exactly the same as you mate felt thick when i figured them out.

The game is hard tho!

i was up till 5 playing it last night. must of put in a solid 4-5 hours. the game is juat stunning.

Anyone done the minotaur boss?

Dangerous Dave said:
i was up till 5 playing it last night. must of put in a solid 4-5 hours. the game is juat stunning.

Anyone done the minotaur boss?

i finished the game a couple of days ago and enjoyed it but i've not been tempted to play through it again yet

liked the minotaur boss, took me a couple of attempts to figure out how to beat it, was pretty easy in the end ;)

finished it. only 9hours in total. awesome game though. defo worth playing

Wow, you guys have been praising this game hardcore... Maybe the hack and slash genre doesn't suck anymore! Yaay.

its cos u have a copied version... :p

No sorry mate... however this game is really good will get once I get a job for the summer.

Back
Top Bottom