Changing weather during races

French channel M6 report in Tokyo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsvUC7dW8EQ

Inside view
13.jpg

Thanks steamboy and sfc_tsubasa

Last edited:
Re: Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

Wow! Damage... how long has it taken them? And also only on Racing cars? thats a shit excuse for having full on damage. Wonder how good or crap the physics will be?

Dj

Who would have thought you'd be the first to reply to this thread (mentioning the words "crap" and "physics" while you're at it)... I should have put a bet on! :lol:

Looks pretty sweet, the graphics in GTHD are brilliant. One of the graphical issues with Forza 2 that lets it down (apart from the jaggies and the way that you see white spots flash inside the brake-lights all the time due to tearing) is the low resolution of the paintwork, which really shows up when you watch a replay - the logos on the car look terribly blurry close-up. GTHD is, graphically, pretty much perfect. From the look of the insides of that car, they're going to keep getting better.

I used to love GT but the repetitiveness got to me in the end - those graphics are incredible though.

Last edited:

Wow! Damage... how long has it taken them? And also only on Racing cars? thats a shit excuse for having full on damage. Wonder how good or crap the physics will be?

Dj
One source says on "racing cars" the other all cars (need wait scans)
I know the guy of Polyphony added only real damage, no scripts like Forza 2, so i think it's ready for GT5.

What about the AI? AI was really crap on GT4. It would just follow its own line, irrespective of where my car was. This is something that needs to be fixed.

@ Jack:

From what ive read of people with the full version on teh forza forum is that the jaggies have gone. We'll have to see when its released if thats true.

Tbh im not at all exited by this, used to love GT but from what ive read, and the impression its given me, is that once again theyll be updating the existing cars/graphics with not much else. Adding weather is definitly a good thing and adding damage is agin a positive. But when is it supposed to be released? Read that it takes 6months to completly model a car, ouch!

Great timing though, as it looks like they were reviewing forza2 in the same magazine, taking away the focus. Anybody know what it scored? ;)

i say it gets released in March 08 with MGS4 both with rumble and 1000 cars!

AS far as i heard, they said it was all racing cars (formula 1 are included) and damage is included as well on all cars,

I think it is just a matter of translating, i think it said as well that there will be a website of gt5 soon

Lets get it on, PS3 starts to get going now

Wont buy the game but it does sound great.

Some people are never satisfied. Everyone has asked for damage & they have pulled there finger out.

I understand about the elastic band AI. I hate that in raing games.

Thanks TEEDA and sfc_tsubasa
98168925420070527201432.jpg

Seriously though, how fucking close is this chump to the tv???????? How can anyone game like that, one lap of the Nurburgring and the dude will be blind!!!!!!

GT5 Joypad full scans + translation

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6562838&postcount=301

Here's page 50, 51 and 52.

As the person below me suggested, let other people translate the other pages to speed it up.

---p50---

(photo caption) All of the monitors are on, revealing everything. New cars & circuits being modelled, even future packagings can be seen.

We enter the sacred buildings, revealing it's industrial design. Our photographer, translator and our pilot are waiting for us. For the occasion, we have asked Benoît Tréluyer (Formula Nippon champion, Super GT race driver for Nissan and a 24hrs of the Le Mans 2007 participant for Pescarolo) to accompagny us.
It's a real mad house, car nuts everywhere. Polyphony really is a studio like no other. A studio where everything is dedicated to the game, not towards money. Stacks upon stacks of car catalogues, racks collapsing under the weight of more automobile books you'll ever see. The desks are hidden under maquettes, models and sketches.
A hymne to the automobile.

Our visit

3pm: we start our visit. Kazunori Yamauchi is the guide for the day. We could've had worse...! When walking around, it felt surreal, unique. Our eyes couldn't capture everything there is to see. In one of the boxes, I spotted a GT5 logo... They don't hide anything from us. All of the monitors are on, revealing everything. New cars & circuits being modelled, even future packagings can be seen.
Other studios have strict tours, timed to the second and finish off with a standard drink and a set of rules about what can be published and what can't.

---p51---

(top left photos)
to return
- all cars & circuits from GT4
- ability to download more cars & circuits
- 4 camera angles to drive
- all Ferrari cars
- F1 cars
- new city circuit(s)
- at least 12 online players, maybe up to 20
- changing weather conditions

(top left photo caption) Little black boxes contain technical fiches of nearly every vehicle in existence.

The boss explains us the studio works in total anarchy. He shows us a room filled with musical instruments, fitness equipment, a library, game consoles, movies, magazines, books, etc. Everyone can find something to relax. When a game is nearing completion, most programmers want to stay behind their computers and finish the game, they even have a kitchen, showers, sleeping rooms and even washing machines !

The visit continues. Kazunori opens a few drawers, grabs a couple of brochures and explains us to model vehicles,

(right photos caption) Waiting. In this part of the studio, it's possible to relax, play music, watch movies. On top of that, there's a large selection of car magazines. The first floor is dedicated to travel books and the cinema. The basement contains the technical stuff belonging to the actual development studio.

(GT HD Classic or Premium...)
Kazunori Yamauchi explained to us we'll be able to create our own GT via PSN. All of GT4 will be downloadable in HD, but you'll have to download each track & car seperately. We received no confirmation / details regarding the price or game modes. The Premium edition will be a GTHD Concept, with two tracks and about thirty vehicles.
No confirmation about Porsche nor Lamborghini.

---p52---

(photo caption) 120 people work here, 120 working on the next Gran Turismo.

(In the driver's seat)
There are days when you have all the luck in the world !
When arriving, we weren't expecting to try the next GT. And yet, here we are, driving a Nissan 350Z GT500 around the Nürburgring. On a 46" screen in full HD, the driving sensations are amazing. GTHD has been designed to be played with a steering wheel, that's why each game version is tested with different models to enqure maximum compatibility. In a similar fashion, 4 screens are connected to the game (SD, HD720, HD1080i and HD1080p) to ensure the same with monitors.

(photo caption) It's here Kazunori Yamauchi tests GT during it's development.

Last edited:

system seller!

I was just gonna say there's not a single post about car physics then i scrolled back up. Good old DJ.

rapidshare upload maybe? or speedyshare? not possible to download atm

I was just gonna say there's not a single post about car physics then i scrolled back up. Good old DJ.
Is this a stupid dig at me? I actually think Ive made some valid points about GT's shortcomings. Most people just look at the graphics and go "WOW this game is amazing!" and tend to ignore the core gameplay...

Dj

Maybe some people enjoy how the game actually plays? I do. The only gripes I had with GT4 were the lack of online play and damage, aside from that it plays beautifully.

Nah have to disagree with you on that one ClassicD. Its been the same since GT1 and whilst it was acceptable on the PS1 I think its about time they changed the engine to make the cars feel more realistic. We have had this discussion once before in the Forza Thread so im not going to carry on.

Dj

In august you can download for 4,99€ the GTHD Special "Le Mans" with the race in the 2 configurations and all cars between 200/2006 and online mode (versus ?)

Last edited:

very nice video

Back
Top Bottom