Grand Theft Auto 5

Apparently games source code was stolen as well and its a shitstorm. Some say they might have to start from scratch.
Personally, after they basically abandoned Rdr2 and milked GTAV for 10 years I have very little sympathy for Rockstar.

Not to mention that this is the most popular and costing leak in the gaming industry until now. Don't know what that hacker was thinking, coz' Take2 is one of the worst and prepared company to mess with in this regard. They are the one sending people to houses regarding legal concerns on copyright footage or forcing communities to remove legit mods for the GTA classic versions with the purpose in mind to not affect the sales for that quick buck "remastered" mess like GTA Trilogy. If small things like those were pissing them so much when it's something financial related, imagine how pissed they are now when somebody was stealing from them the new favorite unreleased cash-cow (in top of that with the extorsion purpose), where the stakes about sales and the financial online business models are huge and could influence a lot the stakes of those companies. I'll not be shocked at this level if they'll go directly on James Bond, Agent 47, FBI or the Italian mafia. There are numbers as billions and billions dollars right there, so that guy needs an underwater bunker on the north pole right now...

TBH it seemed unlikely it would really change anything.
Indeed. They can't do anything about it, they need to stick with their roadmap and they can't change their engine. We're talking about a multi millions project. I don't know though about the source code leak. I hope it won't change the plans of the PC release. Still it's all about money in the end and profiteering, the leak is just damaging their security protocols and ego but it's also increasing the hype. The leak was a surprise but it's less major than they want us to believe.

giphy.gif

They will change location.
Either San Andreas or Vice City

I don't know though if they will change Vice City back to 80s, but would be good if they did.

They will change location.
Either San Andreas or Vice City

I don't know though if they will change Vice City back to 80s, but would be good if they did.
It's unofficially confirmed due to the leaks that it will be present day Vice City with 2 protagonists, a couple based on Bonnie & Clyde.

Looking forward to this even though I'm burned out on open world games its gonna be good to see what they did with Miami. Vice city was my favorite GTA.

Back
Top Bottom