Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

ok.

Pros: Almost a full GTA experience on a handheld. Graphics/visuals that are EXACTLY like to the console versions.
Music stations are great. Georgio Moroder anyone?
Controls very good.

Cons: Had to update to 2.0

Can't wait ti get this game, how are the online modes? Had chance to play em yet?

Also you can always downgrade to 1.5 when they make a loader that works ;)

hello not so old friend...great work on the translation.

haven't tried any of the online,but when you do get it be prepared to upgrade. wab version and other do not work. might be one that does but it can brick your unit.

the game is really awesome. what konami did with WE9 from PS2 Rockstar does with GTA from PS2. well worth the yoshi,nano and meteos i traded for.

BumperMan said:
hello not so old friend...great work on the translation.

haven't tried any of the online,but when you do get it be prepared to upgrade. wab version and other do not work. might be one that does but it can brick your unit.

the game is really awesome. what konami did with WE9 from PS2 Rockstar does with GTA from PS2. well worth the yoshi,nano and meteos i traded for.

Thanks mate :) Yeh I've been looking around and there ain't no loaders that work with it at the mo, but seeing as it only upgrades to 2.0 I'm just gonna update and then downgrade when a loader is out. In the process of getting it now...can't fuckin wait...I love GTA !!!

btw, where is it out allready?

i heard 28.10., 4.11. and 11.11, but what's true for us / europe / uk (uncut?) ?

mattster12 said:
Thanks mate :) Yeh I've been looking around and there ain't no loaders that work with it at the mo, but seeing as it only upgrades to 2.0 I'm just gonna update and then downgrade when a loader is out. In the process of getting it now...can't fuckin wait...I love GTA !!!

You will NOT be dissapointed. this game is massive.

I'm in the US so it came out here on the 25th. the rumors of the delay are NOT true apparently and you lot that are over in London say should get it by the 28th :)

I played this game in bed til 4am....

ordered mine off gameplay and it at first said 28/10 but know 04/11. Delayed a week. I was looking forward to this. Ive tried to search on various website but i found nothing to say it was put back a week.
So it may come 2mora, do u think?:roll:

found this for the uk users:-

GTA: LCS SLIPS INTO NOVEMBER ON PSP

What a liberty! But the good news is you won't have too long to wait for the portable car jacker

15:43 GTA Liberty City Stories, the newest PSP incarnation of the series and the only new GTA game to appear this year, has slipped a week to a November 4th release in the UK.
While disappointing - we were originally expecting the title to debut this very Friday - it's apparently been put back a week for reasons unknown, so we'll just have to contain our disappointment, albeit for only another seven days.

Funnily enough (if you've got a strange sense of humour) the US edition of Liberty City Stories is actually out tomorrow, so whether this will have a knock on effect for US GTA fans, we don't exactly know.

So why is it out in america and not here even though the umd is multi region?????

Last edited by a moderator:
May be out on the 21st Nov wiyh the new Giga pack!

Got my GTA today,

QUALITY all round!

You kinda owe to yourself having a PSP to buy it. I mean If there's ANY game that Sony relies on it's the GTA series. this game delivers big.

GTA Liberty City Stories on PSP

Hey, got this game on Tuesday, it's amazing, I would definately recommend it to all PSP'ers!

I have one question about it - does anyone know how to get the custom soundtracks working?

When I go to audio menu it says "unavailable"

:-k

Re: GTA Liberty City Stories on PSP

You need to go to IGN or the Rockstar website and download the audio converter thing. You have to own the physical CD, not downloaded MP3's unfortunately. You cant just put music on and do it that way.

Its crap basically.

P-dogg said:
You need to go to IGN or the Rockstar website and download the audio converter thing. You have to own the physical CD, not downloaded MP3's unfortunately. You cant just put music on and do it that way.

Its crap basically.

Not even possible to write them on cd and convert them after? :roll:

I never tried that.

I am sure it is but still, what a long way round. A total shambles, although easily forgiven as the game is superb.

few mates brough their psps in today and we did multiplayer on GTA

funny shit in a class room

PSPs are better than i thought, though the price tag still puts me off

Whoah, who modded this thread?!

Anyway, I can confirm that you can make a custom CD and use the tracks from there :).

So you can burn your MP3s to disc and then use the software to convert onto the PSP :).

i played it on a "friends" psp and it's great for a psp and you can make your own radio station by putting your own music on it

Yeah it's sweet cruising round to your own tunes :).

Can I just ask briefly what all the fuss is about 2.0 or 1.5 upgrade/downgrade? (Start of the thread)

Tim7 said:

Can I just ask briefly what all the fuss is about 2.0 or 1.5 upgrade/downgrade? (Start of the thread)

Alot of Homebrew emulators etc run on 1.5, whereas 1.52 or 2.0 dont allow you to do that. It also allows for lots of other little things to use your PSP for, no doubt someone knows more about it than me can enlighten you on the matter.

Tim7 said:

The thing is as Holio rightly said is that you can only run homebrew applications on FW versions 1.5 or lower. Now if you have version 1.51, 1.52 or 2.0......you can use a downgrader to get back to 1.5. The main benefit of having 1.5 is you can backup your iso's and run them off your memory stick. This makes games play much faster and the homebrew loaders for your backup iso's let you set the clock speed to the psp's natural speed of 333mhz.

This is cos sony actually underclocked the psp to make it look like the battery was better lol, but it's terrible for playin some games at the underclocked speed. Also having 1.5 will allow you to play patched version of say pes/we.....but until recently sony had been making new games unplayable with the new loaders. The games only worked if you had fw v2.0, this is still the case with gta, but pes got figured out on the same day of release lol.

So if you want to play GTA and but still want to be able to use homebrew you will need to upgrade to 2.0 then when your board of GTA downgrade back to 1.5 :)

Plus you get to play all the great emulators out there on your psp....sensible soccer and speedball 2 rule!!

Not really into gta...what are the best(near 100% perfect sound and graphics and gameplay) emulators out there?

Now coming to a PS2 near you, probably around Easter, could be a XB verison to follow too.

Back
Top Bottom