Graphics Card Help!

Gillisss

League 2
2 May 2006
Barnsley
Barnsley
Right, im about to buy a new computer and I was wondering if this graphics card (128MB ATI Radeon® X600 SE) would make my PES run smoothly?
Appreciate any helping comments, thanks.
:)

Oh right thanks. Well if it runs fairly okay then I aint too bothered.
Its just my last PC really lagged when I played a match.

Buy a lesser fast proccesor and a better graphic card,keep in mind of the memory,that comes with your new pc,don't know if the win VISTA with directX10 gonna be a problem if you wanna play the newer PES versions in time...

buy the graphic card ati gigabyte x 1600 pro 256 ddr2 , my friend buy it and play pes5 at high with reslolution 1024x768 and the game was very smooth and good graphic and no hanging

I have a Ati Radeon 9800Pro.

Runs in 1200x1024, full detail(+lodmixer-all high). Never drops below 60fps. So you dont need the latest card on the market.

i have an Nvidia 7300 SE and the game wont run smoothly at all, can anyone help? Is this Card piss? Can someone let me know how to set it up,AA off etc. I have downloaded the new drivers but no difference:(

7300SE arent that great but you should still be able to play Pro Evo at a decent frame rate. 7300GT would of been a better and cheaper option.

my advice would be get a ati x800, for the price they are a great card, much better than the x1600, the PCI express version goes for under £100, and the AGP one is harder to get hold of goes for around £100 - 120.

wouldnt recomend a 9600xt card anymore, as the are 3 generations old, £50 may seem a good price, but for an extra £40 you can get a card that performs 3 to 4 times better.

I thought about a different computer. The graphics on it is 256MB Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator integrated (SMA). Or for and extra £40 I can upgrade to the 512MB DDR2 nVIDIA GeForce 7300GS - TV out- DVI - PCI X. It doesn't mean nothing to me so any help would be appreciated.
Obviously the upgrade would be better, but any comments please?
:)

Never buy PC's with intergrated video cards, unless you don't plan on playing video games.

About the upgrade, it is better, but you still won't be able to run the smoothly at a high resolution. As for video card I recommend an ati x850xt or the cheaper x800. I just upgraded from a 256mb x600 se.

My previous card barely ran the game smoothly at 1280 X 1024 on high, with lod mixer and kitserver off. The new card(x850xt) however, can run the game on the highest settings with all the high res mods without a hitch. The only problem is that you have to use a program(ati tool or ati tray tools) to force the graphics card fan to run at a higher speed, or the card will overheat.

Last edited:
X1300s arent good im afriad, the X1600 is the minimum id go for in the x10... series.

The x800 out performs it tho.

having 512mb just bottle necks it. The more memory on graphics cards doesnt mean the better the card.

footyfan, can I ask how you know about every card I say?
And a graphics card isnt the only thing that makes your gaming quality better is it? Doesnt the hard drive, processor and things like that make much of a difference?

im a computer technition m8. graphics card isnt all you need your right. You need a desent processor (AMD 64 3000+ and above is a mimimum spec if your gonna upgrade these days) and desent about of RAM, (minimum 512mb).

Hard drive isnt important when it comes down to performance has it is in essence only for storage, although slower eg ata 100/66/33 will lead to longer load times, and maybe some caching issues on games that constantly load for th HD during gameplay. (not an issue in pes or if you have shite loads of ram).

A desent soundcard is also advisable, as it will lighten the load on the CPU.

Last edited:
I had an oldish computer and it the quality of PES was good but the game play was slowish.
Well im going to order the computer now and should have it in a week. If it works, then good. If it lags, then I'll look at buying a new graphics card.
Thanks for the help anyway.

ok mate good luck with the new PC.

the spec you should be looking to get if this isnt too late is

Socket 939 AMD 64 3800+ dual core
Gigabyte mainboard with 2 PCI express ports for SLI* graphics
1GB ram
ATI X800 or X1900 if you wanna go SLI*
300GB HD
Sound blaster Audoligy sound card
Desent case with plenty of cooling especially for the hard drives

*SLI is linking 2 Graphics cards together to run as one.

This should be buildable for around £500-600 and it will be shithot!

Just one thing I always wanted to know and I know it is a noob question but still how do you measure those FPS because I would like to see how it is with PES on my PC.How many fps is good enough?

I think it means frames per second but I still don't know how to check it out.But thanks if you would help :)

Use fraps to check your FPS. If you search the web you can find an older version(1.9D) that lets you record full length videos for free.

Oh and 60 FPS is what you should aim for in pes5/we9, in other games you might not need as high of an FPS for the game to play smoothly, but for pes you need 60 fps for a smooth experience.

Back
Top Bottom