Graphics problem - motion blur

Wowlman

Banned
4 February 2006
I've got most of the graphics sorted now, got rid of stutter, etc etc, but I have one last problem with the graphics that I seem to be getting on any resolution - motion blur. Whenever the ball is moving particularly fast over a long distance, there is a very definite 'ghosting' effect on everything. This isn't a major problem but it hurts my eyes after a while and I think it's because my eyes are trying to focus harder due to the blur.

Anyone know why this might be, and if it can be fixed? Is it just because my graphics card isn't powerful enough?

Got it aswell, it has done my eyes in really badly as I've been playing excessively, my left eye is actually worryingly blurred right now.

I suppose it is unneccesary for me to ask if you have cheap-ish TFT monitors? :)

I doubt it, just had to ask. I haven't noticed motion blur-type effects when playing, although at certain cut-scenes like at the beginning when the camera pans across the players faces during national anthems etc, there seems to be something going on, there is some flickering on players, like the new frame is shown while the last one is still dowplayed, which creates a sort of double-exposure where the two images are slightly offset and cause some blurring. I play at 1920x1440 at 60Hz, which is the native refresh rate afaik (or is PAL 50Hz?). Also, same resolution on WE9:LE has none of the behaviour PES6 has (which might make more sense since I think Liveware Evolution is NTSC at 60Hz, which means that it would be perfectly synced to the monitor refresh rate while PES6 at PAL 50Hz is not).

I have a reasonably decent LCD monitor, so not sure if it's that.

The refresh rate thing would make sense though. 50Hz is PAL's refresh rate, and this blurring (which does sound like the 'double exposure' you mention) does look a bit like old American TV programmes where you used to get a little blur.

I just want to get rid of it if there's any way, because it can't be good for my already failing eyesight!

I know what you mean, it only happened to me a short while but it was annoying to decide which of the double-exposed images I was going to look at. :D

Although I haven't yet forced Vsync on my monitor. I will try that now when I remember it.

I had a slight graphics problem where there was sort of graphical glitches between bottom half and top half of screen. A sort of line would appear across middle of screen. Forced 'V sync on' in the nvidia control panel instead of application decide. My PES 6 is now running like a dream on high detail. \\:o/

Yup, Vsync would cause that tearing. It also seems like AA and AF works on PES6, atleast there is no weird filtering with the nets being distorted like in PES5.

Wowlman said:
I have a reasonably decent LCD monitor, so not sure if it's that.

The refresh rate thing would make sense though. 50Hz is PAL's refresh rate, and this blurring (which does sound like the 'double exposure' you mention) does look a bit like old American TV programmes where you used to get a little blur.

I just want to get rid of it if there's any way, because it can't be good for my already failing eyesight!
Does your LCD monitor have low response timing? I've a 19" Samsung LCD monitor that has a setting called RTA in the OSD that brings the response time from ~8ms to 2ms but can also cause ghosting in some games. Try turning that setting off (if you can).

Pompeybear said:
I had a slight graphics problem where there was sort of graphical glitches between bottom half and top half of screen. A sort of line would appear across middle of screen. Forced 'V sync on' in the nvidia control panel instead of application decide. My PES 6 is now running like a dream on high detail. \\:o/
Thanks i had the same problem, and forcing V sync on solved the problem. :applause:

Could someone tell me how to 'force v sync on' my game is running perfectly apart from that line across the middle on occasion. Help would be infinitely appreciated thanks.

You need to go into your graphics card control panel. in my case it was NVIDIA control panel , you can get to this in control panel- apearance and themes- display-settings- advanced. You will see the V Sync option in there. mine was originally let application decide. i changed it to on. if you have an ATI card...

Here is a screenshot how i did it.

4cxbzgz.jpg

Thanks, really top notch guys! I now have a fully functional PES6 and I don't even have an ATI card. WOOHOO!!!! Your efforts are really appreciated by me and my brothers ;)

Back
Top Bottom