• Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing sub-forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.
  • Site maintenance info: We got rid of the "Patches and Option Files" area and moved all threads from 2020 to their corresponding subs in the Editing area. Let me know if you're missing a thread or face any other issues related to this move. /Tom

Great Britain team for 2012 Olympics?

Joystick

Deep like Titanic
10 August 2004
London
The Arse
I would love to see it. I think you would have to have at least 2 players from each nation in the starting line up for it to be a real British team. Not sure how it would work though because I thought you can only compete if you are an amatuer, ie not a paid professional (?).

This FA site reckons you can play as a pro but most players are under 23;
http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/NewsFromTheFA/Postings/2004/03/Wembley_Olympic_bid.htm

In that case the future GB team players are 17 at the oldest right now. If there was a team GB today who would play?

S

sonnysan

In the olympics you can send 1-3 guys that are older then I believe 21 or 23.

In other words it will just be like the ones that they just held in Greece!

Which I liked!

RuneEdge

Silent Assassin
1 October 2003
Manchester United
Right now, I'd play the whole England team but with Duff on the left and Given in goals.

J

:: JJ ::

Duff and Given are Irish and therefore do not count.

As for my opinion on the matter, I'm totally against this idea of a GB team!

Last edited by a moderator:

RuneEdge

Silent Assassin
1 October 2003
Manchester United
Then I'd have Giggs in the team instead.
England alone are supposed to be good enough anyway.

RuneEdge

Silent Assassin
1 October 2003
Manchester United
If you're gonna look at it that way, how many players are still gonna be under 23 in 2012?

Mack

Champions League
8 August 2003
Manchester
MCFC
The Europen Champinships will be on at the same time aswell! Who Knows by then Scotland could be the power houses of world football!! ;)

Top Bottom