Great Live albums and bands...

Well, I've just got back, and it was a brilliant gig. I feel sorry for Army of Freshmen because they were arguably the best performers there and they'll be forgotten by everyone because of who they were with. Zebrahead had a few good hits, and obviously everyone knew a few Bloodhound Gang songs, they basically left 'Bad Touch' to us :D

BFS are nothing short of amazing live though, trully great at involving the crowd and playing to them. Funny as hell, and they've got great voices/talent. We got our sheep on the stage as well, so its on the DVD they were recording. :lol:. They ended with Ring of Fire as well, never heard a punky-rock version before, but it was brilliant and obviously everyone (Manc Appollo is surprisingly big) joined in, massive noise. :D

@ Flawl3ssCowb0y - you sound just like a mate of mine, he goes to basically every gig of theirs he can get to. I've seen them a couple of times, you're right, they are fantastic live. New stuff isn't as good as White Butterfly or Overgrown Eden though.

best live band?

without a doubt Nine Inch Nails. their set at reading this year was unreal, i advise checking it out on youtube or in higher quality if you can find it.

went too see Bowling for soup and Bloodhound gang a few weeks ago at rock city well good, My fav live band is slipknot, amazing live

BEAR IN MIND THAT WAS THE FIRST GIG I'VE BEEN TO IN TEN YEARS. BRILLIANT STUFF, INCREDIBLE, BUT IT WAS A BIT LOUD. YOU WHAT? EH? WHAT?? I'M SHOUTING?? NO I'M NOT!!

I still can't hear anything now, I'm tapping on the keyboard keys and I can only just hear dull thudding. And I've got a banging headache.

Brilliant stuff though, the first band on was The Wallbirds (I think?) and they were fantastic, I'd go as far as to say they were just as enjoyable as The Pigeon Detectives. The missus went straight after them and bought two CDs, and they must be the only ever band that we both like... So that was fun.

Then there was One Night Only, who were good, but by this point my ears were bleeding and I was getting a bit impatient (got there at 7pm, and it was just before 10pm before The Pigeon Detectives came on - at which point my head was banging and I was absolutely knackered).

They were sensational, absolutely fantastic. The amount of energy that lead singer has is phenomenal, and he played the crowd beautifully, they were going mental. I was really surprised, I was expecting it to be good but they were brilliant.

Queens Of The Stone Age on the 24th (I think) of November next, but I'll be showing up a few hours late and loaded up with paracetemol and earplugs I think...

Glad they put on a good show. Their lead guy was great in Japan.... really shocked me how he managed to get a foreign crowd going. QOTSA should be great!

As we were walking around the venue you could see the bus and the trailer belonging to the band(s). The missus said to me, "can you imagine that in a couple of weeks Queens Of The Stone Age are going to be stepping out of that bus and they're going to be walking right past us?"

It is a bit of a weird feeling.

First gig in ten years, first time I'd been out in... Three? Someone threw my pizza box out the window, the bastard.

Did somebody had the opportunity to watch Sigur Ros' latest DVD...i recommend it highly...fantastic band, great music, strange venues and a great movie...arguably the best (post) rock movie i've ever seen...

Did somebody had the opportunity to watch Sigur Ros' latest DVD...i recommend it highly...fantastic band, great music, strange venues and a great movie...arguably the best (post) rock movie i've ever seen...

shh shit, i need to get that...

I've got Queens Of The Stone Age on the 24th.

Question; anybody know anything about earplugs? I'm not joking, after the Pigeon Detectives gig I literally puked. The noise is just too much, especially when it's your first time in ten years.

So serious question, where do I get earplugs? Somebody said I have to get "moulded" ones for them to work properly... Everything's complicated nowadays...

I've got Queens Of The Stone Age on the 24th.

Question; anybody know anything about earplugs? I'm not joking, after the Pigeon Detectives gig I literally puked. The noise is just too much, especially when it's your first time in ten years.

So serious question, where do I get earplugs? Somebody said I have to get "moulded" ones for them to work properly... Everything's complicated nowadays...

how about you just go to the old folks home now

Queen have got to be one of the best live bands ever. Wether it's with Freddie or now Paul Rodgers, they're phenomenal.

I just got the new Queen Rock Montreal cd, it's amazing. I highly recommend it.

Got back from Queens Of The Stone Age earlier and WOW, absolutely fantastic. I thought The Pigeon Detectives are great but seriously, blown totally out of the water. Phenomenal is the word, they just sounded so good. With the other bands I've seen they're always slightly different from the recordings and it's hard to hear the bass/guitar over the bass-noise, but it was fantastic.

Josh was fantastic, he's not well and he kept reminding us of that, hopefully it doesn't get any worse for the guys seeing him next week; but he was immense. Somebody threw something at him at the end, looked like a little green plastic brick or something, and he went mental, we were pissing ourselves. "Which motherfucker threw that? Was it you? It was you wasn't it? Come onto the stage and throw that at me motherfucker. Yeah you put your hands up like that, yeah you geek. Hold out your hand, I'll put my dick in it. You do that again, I'll change your life, motherfucker."

He kind of ruined it then by saying "I'm not well." :lol:

WOOOOOO IM BACK.... FROM QOTSA!!!!

They are SO cool. They took the gig so seriously and knew exactly how to play. By the end of it, everyone was moving with the music... the encore as well was just great. Only thing i didnt like was the huge venue.... i prefer smaller ones. But GOD they sounded so good! Josh Homme at one point said he felt invincible and just wanted to rock London out.... he was just awesome and powerful.

After the gig we saw Alex Turner (Arctic Monkeys) and Alexa Chung in a minicab!!!

Damn, even though I saw them a few days ago I'm really jealous. I can see why some people are addicted to gigs like I'm addicted to spending money on games, it was absolutely fantastic. The Pigeon Detectives were good, but QOTSA were out of this world.

Back
Top Bottom