Great News For WE9I - PSP Vesrion

ctruppi

Conference
26 March 2003
USA
Napoli
I have been playing PES5 on my PSP here in the states for 2 months. While the gameplay is great and offers a glimpse of how awesome the console PES5 (and WE9) versions must be, the limited play modes have really affected negatively long term play for this game. Today I read on IGN that the WE9 for PSP released here in the states has added Master League, Cup modes and different training modes as well as full compatability with the PS2 version.

This is unbelievable as I travel alot and was jsut sick of playing the same old leagues on my PES5 PSP game. Now I can play ML games on the road (in airports and airplanes, yeah) as well as at home and transfer the data back and forth.

Thank you Konami for adding these features for us North Americans!!

That just made this game a million times better.
Other than online mode, I dont see what this is lacking now.

Amazing news! Hard to believe Konami would make the American version so much better than the European version. Umm, do you have a link to the PSP article at IGN? I can't find it on the website.

Last edited:
What it need is a ML and a wide camera...
I like it (very difficult imho) but it has a random element due to the absence of wide camera.
I know you can look at the radar, but the radar is tiny on the PSP...a wide camera should be better.
Nevertheless it's good news that this version has ML...

Don't want to rain on your parade but based on that article I wouldn't be surprised if IGN has mixed up the PS2 and PSP versions in terms of features. I won't beleive the PSP version of WE9I has a Master League until the game's been released.

Feanaro said:
Don't want to rain on your parade but based on that article I wouldn't be surprised if IGN has mixed up the PS2 and PSP versions in terms of features. I won't beleive the PSP version of WE9I has a Master League until the game's been released.

I was wondering that myself actually. It would be cool if Konami added those features for North America. The Euro and Japanese versions are shamefully devoid of modes if you ask me and serve little purpose. The fact that the gameplay is still awesome makes it even more painful.
I really hope that article is correct!!

ctruppi said:
I have been playing PES5 on my PSP here in the states for 2 months. While the gameplay is great and offers a glimpse of how awesome the console PES5 (and WE9) versions must be, the limited play modes have really affected negatively long term play for this game. Today I read on IGN that the WE9 for PSP released here in the states has added Master League, Cup modes and different training modes as well as full compatability with the PS2 version.

This is unbelievable as I travel alot and was jsut sick of playing the same old leagues on my PES5 PSP game. Now I can play ML games on the road (in airports and airplanes, yeah) as well as at home and transfer the data back and forth.

Thank you Konami for adding these features for us North Americans!!

Just a quick question ... is ur psp chipped or did u get the original PES5 cd from europe....

Please let me know... how u go abt it... if ur psp is chipped.....

mmeny said:
Just a quick question ... is ur psp chipped or did u get the original PES5 cd from europe....

Please let me know... how u go abt it... if ur psp is chipped.....
PSP game (not UMD movies) are region free from what I understand. There is no need for a mod to play games from other regions. I have PES5 and it plays just fine on my US PSP.;)

deftonesmx17 said:
PSP game (not UMD movies) are region free from what I understand. There is no need for a mod to play games from other regions. I have PES5 and it plays just fine on my US PSP.;)

That's correct. Sony's idea was that if I'm travelling to Europe and see a game I want to buy, I should be able to doo it on the spot. Movies, however are another story.

Also wondering if anyone has seen any confirmation of my original post re IGN's listing ML as a feature on WE9I for PSP.

Quck update. IGN has their WE9I reviews up for PS2, Xbox and PSP. It is confirmed that there is NO ML in the PSP version which really sucks!!!!

mineral said:
No ML and no cup mode

Why am I not suprised?

... In the slightest.

Thanks for bringing us the info though mineral, shame Konami have just proved yet again just how desperate they are for the average persons money!

WHOOT..I just ordered it

are there any improvements since PES5 on PSP??

I dont have PES5 so its not that bad, and I never play online with my PSP.. and WE9I is €41,70 and PES5 is €49,99 or €54,99

but its still bad news that there is no ML..and the worst thing NO CUPS!

Hey guy's NO , master league, no Cups, no online ,just Ad Hoc Mode (WLAN), Still the best footty game out there

can anyone gimme link for us gamesave with update kit and transfer?
thx in adv

Back
Top Bottom