Greatest Football Moments of 2004?

Milanista

Mangiamoli!
19 December 2002
London & Milan
AC Milan
For me it was Italy-Iraq during the olympics. The 2 teams took their team photos as a bunch. Great day for Iraq and the sporting world.

2nd I'd say its either Greece in Euro 2004 or Porto-Monaco for CL.

England vs France in the Euros was sumthing special.Its "Football...Bloody Hell." Part 2.Zizou destroyed England with that freekick and penalty,plus he vomitted before taking the spot kick!

plus,in no particular order..
.Man United winning the FA Cup.
.Man United,beating Arsenal 2 nil at OT to halt their unbeaten run at 49 games.
.Rooney,scoring his debut hattrick against Fenerbache.
.Barca vs Milan,Ronaldinho scoring that magical winner.

This one for me:
164070_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg

164073_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg

164078_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg

Rooney Hat trick i'd agree. Another i'd put in for me is Milan down 2-0 in the Derby against Inter, then scoring 3 goals in the second half to win.

+ Arsenal finishing the season off unbeaten champions.
+ Gerrard screaming in that late goal to put Liverpool through
+ Czech Republics spectacular comeback against Holland in the Euro
+ Anything with Ronaldinho

Palace's late run to the play-offs followed by some amazing play-off games, and ultimately, promotion. :D

1. Iraq qualify and go deep in Olympics despite no home field to qualify on and no money.
2. Greece's amazing run and the concept of TEAM.
3. Czech v Holland barnburner of a game
4. Zizou's ridiculous ending vs England with vomit.
5. England v Portugal. . . the drama took a year off my life.
6. Gerrard - the shot heard round the world to put Liverpool into the final 16!

Sanli Tuncay's hat trick against united. If you watch the full match, you can see how passionate turkish fans are. The drums after each goal were hurting my ears.

Personally, for me it was Celtic eliminating Barcelona from the UEFA Cup, at a time when they were on fire. Then just a couple of days later travelling to Ibrox for 'Sombrero Sunday II' and beating them also. I was in Florida and watched both games at strange times, but so happy nevertheless.

I remember that game Milanista, 2 awesome second-half long rangers from Kaka and Seedorf, fantastic match. Although Deportivo thumping Milan was also very exciting.

England France then Portugal England were both fantastic to watch, the first for the hilarity of England being 'cruelly' gubbed in minutes and the second for a superbly entertaining game, and for England again being gubbed :mrgreen:.

ghazi said:
1. Iraq qualify and go deep in Olympics despite no home field to qualify on and no money.
2. Greece's amazing run and the concept of TEAM.
3. Czech v Holland barnburner of a game
4. Zizou's ridiculous ending vs England with vomit.
5. England v Portugal. . . the drama took a year off my life.
6. Gerrard - the shot heard round the world to put Liverpool into the final 16!
Those are all great moments but most of them will probably occur sooner or later in 2005 except for #1 and #2.And since Greece did win the Euro cup the winner has to be #2.It is rare that what was once one of the worst teams in europe becomes the champions even if there football was boring.

Oh yeh, moments... right, here goes:

1. Greece winning the Euro
2. Gerrrard's strike vs Olympiakos
3. Dellas' header vs the Czechs
4. Zidane vs England
5. Portugal vs England, particularly when Lampard scored... chaos
6. Deportivo vs Milan
7. Ronaldinho lofting it over Madrid's defence... sensational
8. Mellor vs Arsenal
9. Seeing Italy go out of the Euro, particularly when they found out while they celebrated their winner

Nothing like the Champions League final...
watched the game with more than 200 people with a giant screen...
the joy?!... priceless! :)

Portugal - England match... also loved it!

Scholes' winner against Arsenal in the Cup Semi Final.
Gerrard's winner against Olympiakos.
Shitty's comeback from 3-0 down with 10 men against Spurs in the Cup.
Leeds getting relegated.
Alan "I'd never play for United" Smith signing for us.
Ruud's celebration after scoring against the Goons at OT. 50 NOT OUT!

Best moment of 2004: Costinha's goal in the minute 89 against MU in Old Trafford, just beautiful... and the CL final of course :P and Portugal vs Greece that proved once and for all that Scolari is a shitty coach for Portugal that does not study his oponents...

for me it was when Stevie G and Milan tied the knot.

they declared there love for each other on the pitch.

love.jpg

and it looks like they were both enjoying too... perhaps a little too much ;)

-fb

i think it was when Reggina beat Juventus 2-1 :cry:

Or maybe when Messina beat Milan 2-1 :D

cheers

even my none man u fans friends say that man u beating the Gunners to end their run was a big moment in recent football history. And ruud's celebration after the penalty says it all. imagine if arsenal won??? they would have gone from strength to strength... that win really changed the face of EPL.

Back
Top Bottom