GTA IV - NON-SPOILER THREAD

:(( Half the fun is a new city...

I would expect a next-gen Vice City to be very different to the old one both in size and detail. If you look at a map of the old Vice City (http://gtalike.com/vc/map/vice-city-map.png) it's very small in comparison to Liberty City.

If this is true than I'm very happy (and my prediction was right) as Vice City is considered the best GTA by many and I can't wait to see what Rockstar are doing with it.

Also, after recently completing it, I have to say the The Ballad of Gay Tony is without doubt the best piece of DLC I have ever played, and greatly improves on the original game and TLAD. I've had more hours of entertainment out of this than many full price games.

Vice City was definitely the one I enjoyed the most (Only one I actually completed). What I love about GTA is the storylines. Their quite brilliant in each individual way.

All the GTAs apart from GTA London and GTA II (was set in a random/made up American city iirc) have used the three names Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas, so the next GTA not being in a "new" city doesn't surprise me, and doesn't disappoint me either seeing how different Liberty City in GTA I, III and IV have been to each other, i'd expect the remake of Vice City to be completely different too.

Vicy City is next? Awesome news. Best GTA with the best music.

Half the fun is a new city...

But while GTA 4 was set in the same city and GTA3, it didn't share the same layout or street or anything. So this new city will be 'new' but it will just still be vice city.

Last edited:
Rockstar has announced that Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City will be released for the PS3 and PC on 30th March.

As with the original releases for Xbox 360, the two episodes will be available on a standalone disc in the shops, or as add-ons for GTAIV that can be downloaded from PlayStation Network and Games for Windows Live. PC players will enjoy the added benefits of 32-player multiplayer and an advanced video editor.

According to Kotaku, the Episodes disc will cost $39.99 in the US, with the individual downloads costing $19.99 each. There's no word on UK or European pricing yet.

"It's been a long time coming, but we are proud to finally deliver Episodes From Liberty City for the PC and PlayStation 3," said Rockstar boss Sam Houser. "We appreciate the patience of our PlayStation 3 and PC fans worldwide, and we look forward to putting the games in your hands this March."

They are really good - I'm sure you'll enjoy them :).

Was a bit of a cuntish move by R* and Microsoft to make it exclusive originally imo.

still not finished gay tony though i really enjoyed it most out of all the "3" gta iv parts so far

Just got this in my email:

The highly anticipated release of Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (including both The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony) for PlayStation®3 and Games for Windows® LIVE - has arrived.

PS3 and PC gamers across North America can head out to a local retailer now to get a disc copy (click here for a list of online retail options) - or download the episodes via PlayStation®Network and Games for Windows LIVE respectively.

Look for it on shelves and online throughout Europe and Australia this Friday, April 16th.

And join us this Friday and Saturday, as we celebrate the release with a back-to-back official weekend of Social Club multiplayer events.

Friday, April 16th (4-7 PM Eastern) for PS3 on PlayStation Network Saturday, April 17th (3-6 PM Eastern) for PC on Games for Windows LIVE

PSN IDs and GWFL Gamertags will be announced later this week on the Rockstar Newswire. Make sure you're following us there or on Twitter or Facebook to get the word.

I read a glowing review on IGN's iPhone app last night - think I'll be tempted to get this.

I see Game has it on pre-order at £10 off the rrp of £35....

doubly-tempted.

So I already bought the expansions from the USA store. Downloading them now and tomorrow night I'm going to start them. How great, it will be a great way of spending free time until the arrival of Red Dead.

It's basically two new games (albeit slightly shorter) on the same map but with new characters to play as and plenty of stuff you haven't seen before.

Got it and been playing it for the last hr +.

GTA never gets boring. Playing Lost and Damned atm and loving it.

EDIT:
So I already bought the expansions from the USA store. Downloading them now and tomorrow night I'm going to start them. How great, it will be a great way of spending free time until the arrival of Red Dead.
How'd you do that Drekkard? I've downloaded Resident Evil 5 expansions but they didn't work on my region 3 game.

Last edited:
Got it and been playing it for the last hr +.

GTA never gets boring. Playing Lost and Damned atm and loving it.

EDIT:

How'd you do that Drekkard? I've downloaded Resident Evil 5 expansions but they didn't work on my region 3 game.

Games have no "regions" in ps3 as far as I know, right? I managed to download Draft Combine this summer and later on play with NBA 2k10 without any problem.

I bought the expansions yesterday in the USA store and I have the game since launch. Hope I have no problems when I try it tonight, after my thursday football match.

Well games have no regions, but game packs/expansions/episodes have to be same region of the game you got. I'm guessing so because it didn't work for me. I've got a region 3 Resident Evil 5 and downloaded the European, region 2, expansions and didn't work.

Question is though, how'd you buy stuff off the US store? I tried using my credit card but didn't work because my CC address has a different address obviously.

I hadn't played GTA IV for a while until I downloaded the new episodes off PSN store, now I'm hooked again. I'm loving TLAD as well, nearly completed it. :))

Well games have no regions, but game packs/expansions/episodes have to be same region of the game you got. I'm guessing so because it didn't work for me. I've got a region 3 Resident Evil 5 and downloaded the European, region 2, expansions and didn't work.

Question is though, how'd you buy stuff off the US store? I tried using my credit card but didn't work because my CC address has a different address obviously.

I've had the same problem with Rockband 1 and 2, bought from the US, UK PSN songs don't work.

You used to be able to by US PSN cards I think?

Well, you are all right and expansions didn't work. Thanks god a friend of mine downloaded from european region and shared with me through the multiple accounts things. All in all, I'm now playing it and have paid Rockstar anyway, the two things I wanted.

I've had the same problem with Rockband 1 and 2, bought from the US, UK PSN songs don't work.

You used to be able to by US PSN cards I think?
I managed to buy an Asian card off play-asia.com and they sent me the code. That worked nicely.
Any rumours of a Gay Tony price cut any time soon? Want to get it but not full price as I wasn't impressed with LATD.

You mean TLAD? I thought it was ok but when I started TBOGT I thought it was much better compared to TLAD, which was kind of boring at times.

You mean TLAD? I thought it was ok but when I started TBOGT I thought it was much better compared to TLAD, which was kind of boring at times.

Yeah I couldn't remember the acronym, was gonna go with TLATD ;)

I read a synopsis of Gay Tony and it sounds much more enjoyable, just seems a high price when I haven't even finished the main story or LATD yet.

Back
Top Bottom