GTA IV - NON-SPOILER THREAD

Just started playing Lost and Damned, enjoying it, although always hated riding bikes in the game.

Think I need to build up some dough as I'm stuck on the cops chasing me and Jim. They just overpower me, I managed to beat them once but a police car whacked me and I died on impact.

FD

TLATD is a good game, but now that I'm finishing TBOTG... wow, that second expansion is up with the best GTA I've ever played. These games always shine when they put all crazyness and put ridiculous characters involved. I was laughing all the time and enjoyed every minute of it. Managing clubs is great.

should you play lost and damned before gay tony or does it not matter in terms of story/spoilers etc

I just completed GTA Episodes From Liberty City on PS3. I must say I was very impressed by the entire package, especially since it was only £24.99. The Lost & Damned was a solid expansion on the main GTA IV story and a lot of the plot was intertwined with that of GTA IV so you got to see some parts of the story from a different view point. The game mechanics such as the new bike handling, gang members and radio stations were done to great standards.

The Ballad of Gay Tony however is the real jewel in the entire GTA IV collection. It surpasses both the main game and TLAD in terms of story and sheer fun. The characters are enjoyable (Luis, Tony, Yusuf!, Dessie etc), the addition of new weapons such as the P90 and sticky bombs make taking out targets more enjoyable and the addition of parachutes and mini NOOSE tanks returns us back to the crazy heyday's of GTA on PS2. Overall the entire package is a must buy for most people, especially for fans of GTA IV and at its cheap price it doesn't hurt the pocket either! :)

Yeah I couldn't remember the acronym, was gonna go with TLATD ;)

I read a synopsis of Gay Tony and it sounds much more enjoyable, just seems a high price when I haven't even finished the main story or LATD yet.

Deal of the Week on Live, 1200 Spacebucks.

Just completed TLAD, very enjoyable.

Have now started on Gay Tony..................................well not literally. :D

FD

Been playing this for the last week or so. Hadn't played it since 2009 but decided to pop it in and try and get on and finish The Ballad of Gay Tony - I'd already got quite far on it and also completed Lost and Damned and noticed I'd only picked up 20 of the 65 Achievements in the game itself.

Have to say, what a terrific experience this really is. TBOGT is definitely the best DLC available for it, but even Achievement hunting has been a real time sapper over the last couple of days. Got over 30 now, I think.

LA Noire on Friday, but by then I'll have hopefully completed TBOGT and done a few more Achievements.

That reminds me that I need to complete the final mission of TBOGT.

I died of couple of times and never touched it again since the release day.

Have to say, what a terrific experience this really is. TBOGT is definitely the best DLC available for it, but even Achievement hunting has been a real time sapper over the last couple of days. Got over 30 now, I think.

Amen. TBOGT put some of the old school Vice City/San Andreas fun back into GTAIV.

I only started playing TBOGT recently and its easily the best of part of GTA IV

Does anyone still play GTA IV EFLC online on ps3?

It seems pretty derad now but it'd be great to get some players from this board involved in some online partys etc.

Staggeringly impressive, I never completed it on 360 because of the stupidly annoying buddy sucking up activities so maybe I should install it on PC with ICE and play through on there, any decent gameplay mods?

They have gotta be that best graphics i have ever seen in a game

I bet you have to have a monster PC to get it to look like that though

Yep, they give warnings that you need a top notch graphics card and warn you that your card will get seriously hot whilst running the mod.

Staggeringly impressive, I never completed it on 360 because of the stupidly annoying buddy sucking up activities so maybe I should install it on PC with ICE and play through on there, any decent gameplay mods?

If you goto the website there is loads of decent mods for the game.
I think it is gta4-mod.com but not sure just google it.

Also the whole game looks like that not just certain areas.

Remember looking at these mods a while back in amazement, So will my shiny new rig be able to run this then or is it to sensitive and cause issues so best to leave it?

Back
Top Bottom