GTA IV Online - PS3

Radiation

Golden Boot Winner
6 February 2006
Widnes
Newcastle United
Thought I'd start a GTA Online thread for PS3 owners as I know there are a bunch of PS3 owners on this site - but I've no idea who will be buying the PS3 version.

So leave your PSN's so we can all meet up and form an Evo clan - Or if you prefer just add everyone here to yours if you don't want to post your details for whatever reason

PSN = USERNAME HERE

1 KRadiation = Radiation
2 rumble_bunny or trance_timelord = Yana/Proxi
3 kendo1978 = Kenny G
4 Tobi316 = tobi
5 Bingham67 = the same
6 pbb76 = pboreham
7 peskingmatt = Metallica
8 cfdhemundo = cfdh_edmundo
9 DeViD-BeCkHaM-10 = beckham xxx
10 drekkard = the same
11 YoungGun_UK = same
12 Cammey = same
13 matherto = same
14 SJP76 = same
15 mgemrl = miguel

Last edited:
I'll be in fo' sure hometh. I'm trance_timelord and my suggestion for a clan name is EWCO (Evo-Web Chaos Order), haha.

rumble_bunny.

I'd love to join an Evo Web clan. It would be teh sexxurz.

I have no idea for a name though, I'll think about it and post later. I proxi's is a good one!

Bingham67 will be up for some games

Edit: Should say really might not be able to commit full time as life could be quite busy for me shortly leave me down as maybe for now.

Last edited:
Reet, added all you in here with PSN names available.

Shall be on tonight after 9

Last edited:
I'll be on tonight, gonna add you then tobi cause I ain't got you yet. :) The two who aren't too sure yet (mgemrl and bingham) as soon as you two know if you'll be on or not I'll add you.

I think my list may be full, I'll dispose of someone for you when I get home :salute:

i just need to add mgemrl if he doesn't add me first and i have everyone here and some who haven't seen this thread yet but are from here.

The game i had with trance/proxi before was fun - it was only the 2 of us free roaming but lag free as i expected and i can see a lot of fun here. Almost like this would be our online lobby before we pick sides and play a mode.

Oh and if you didn't read the pm i sent you prox - i didn't mean to blow you up with that rocket - i was trying to see if i could skim it across the floor like a stone along water - but i guess i had my angles wrong and i blew you into smithereens

Tonight we'll have to have a team game - probably after the football if anyone can tear themselves away from GTA - im probably going to be on GTA and pass on the footie.

--

Quick Q - How many of you have a mic and are willing to use it?

I have a headset/mic but i don't want to be the only one yapping away

Last edited:
Yeah, I enjoyed our brief chopper flight and exploration, I just had to look all dark and complex by turning on our own chopper and sending it to Rotor Heaven via the rocket launcher, haha.

Hey it's cool man about you F*CKING RAPING ME, I went out of our game to try and get us both in a DM but I wasn't aware you did that via the phone whilst in Party Mode, doh! Also this afternoon, I've been encountering constant disconnection from the pre-match screens.

Gonna have to try mastering the rocket bounce then matey, it'll look so good, the rockets do anyway. I'll be on later and plug the mic in, both myself and Yana use it, it's a PS3 eyecamera with microphone. Not watching the footie.

Interesting in trying out Team Car Jack too

Last edited:
I do like that if the host quites the game still continues!

I've been encountering constant disconnection from the pre-match screens.

Ive had a few problems - one where i joined a game and it just stayed on a loading screen until i quit - another where as soon as i joined i got a message about connection lost and ive even had a game end when everyone but me disconnected at the same time handing me an easy win!

-

I had a problem for a few mins earlier as well where i couldn't connect to gta online - i was receiving invites but i just couldn't access anything through my phone - so sorry i wasn't being ignorant.

-

Guess the servers are overloading

Yeah on the TeamDM I invited you to where we were on the same side, I had no SFX for some reason and then everyone except me disappeared too just when things were kicking off, and there were peds stuck in animation loops.

It's as to be expected I guess. Biggest game of the year, most sales maybe ever, biggest non-substance addiction ever possibly....?

Well.. Bourbon Creams and GTA4 are equally addictive in all honesty.

Well.. Bourbon Creams and GTA4 are equally addictive in all honesty.
You lie. I've been playing this since just after 9am this morning, if I ate Bourbons for that period of time I would currently be spazzing on the floor with crumbs coming out of my ears.

Yes thats the same game!

I had no SFX at all - but from what little play we did manage it was awesome! the guy who got splattered by the car coming over the hill looked awesome and then some freaking rockets came out of nowhere and boom i went flying - got to my feet and everyone left

You lie. I've been playing this since just after 9am this morning, if I ate Bourbons for that period of time I would currently be spazzing on the floor with crumbs coming out of my ears.
It's your own fault, for messing around too much in your life with Custard Creams. It wouldn't be a sickly reaction to Bourbons, it's just your body reacting to change.

Bloody good change too. Go dark Jack, it worked for Cheryl Tweedy. For a bit.

I've got a headset but I'm gonna spend 1/2 hours in SP first.

It's your own fault, for messing around too much in your life with Custard Creams. It wouldn't be a sickly reaction to Bourbons, it's just your body reacting to change.

Bloody good change too. Go dark Jack, it worked for Cheryl Tweedy. For a bit.
:LOL:

I hope online is back to life again properly for tonight. My female led COD4 clan will be kicking ass on GTA. :w00t:

I'll be up for some online fun in the near future. Moving house atm so am still sorting out the net connection, oh and have to still get the game this weekend :D. Not sure what my psn name is, will check it out and post in here when Im ready.

Stupid question - how do you get online?

When you're in the offline world you press UP on the D_Pad - this brings your mobile phone up - from there press X then pick multiplayer - from there you can see invites and you can start your own game or join one.

The easiest way to get a game going is to start your own 'PARTY MODE' which will quit your SP game and you'll lose you unsaved data - then you'll be loaded into an online lobby type thing - which is basically free roam online.

From here you can invite friends and see who is online and who is actually on GTA with a little 'IV' logo - you can join other games or create your own and you can pick the REAL free roam but you need to have someone else in the lobby type party room to start this

When you go to start your own games it gives you a little explanation in the top left of what the game mode are - quite a lot of them only offer 2-4 players - but it goes as high at 16 on DM/TDM and other modes

miguel - it gave me an error when i tried to add you - and i just tried to send a request and that gave me an error as well

Are sonys servers fucked?

-

Going online now - so lets get some games going

-

Edit - Scratch that... the servers do indeed seem to be down - bugger - if you're online now and you send me an invite im not being an ignorant shit - i cant connect yet

Last edited:
Yeah they must be down, cause I just tried them now and still, no hope. Just says, "Connecting to game provider" and nothing happens. Can't believe it. We've tried resetting our modem and PS3 so it must be GTA's servers.

Yeah - lets hope its working tomrrow

I thought id be offline more than online - but its like crack (i assume... or maybe some other addictive drug) one whiff and im hooked

Back
Top Bottom