GTA IV Online - PS3

Well, I've sobered up in the last few hours and haven't been to bed. I can't quite remember how I got so much on the wrong side of butter, I do apologize Mr Lurpak.

On GTA I was getting disconnected all the time so I went in Party Mode - on me own, for about an hour and a half. Jesus christ.

I was getting cut off during the cops n crooks game you set up the other day -- i had loads of problems just getting into your lobby and then when we where in we played 1 or 2 rounds and then i got told "connection to host or one or more players was lost"

Seems to ease the load the servers are carrying, they are just kicking us players off the servers!

What a piss take!!

I kept getting cut off yesterday when I had a go but then it seems to be okay after it's done that a few times and I'll have no problems whatsoever. It's so weird and annoying, I just wish they'd sort it out.

I managed to have one cracking game of Cops & Crooks earlier. I was the boss and used all 6 rockets to good effect, diving out in view of the oncoming squad cars and taking them all down. The feeling of killing 3 coppers with one rocket is lovely. Then after taking the piss for a while just me and the passenger managed to escape via chopper, with a cop firing a rocket at it just as we began to ascend from the helipad, the rocket I think went through the gap within the rear chassis of the Maverick as we were flying!

Going on again around half 11 Uk time.

I managed to play online yesterday flawlessly

Had a game of TDM which some hosting wanker who picked 'liberty city' as the map and 'spawn far away' - the he started the round off with the teams unbalanced 6 vs 3 what a shit. The only saving grace was he came bottom of the winning 6 team with $100.

This game NEEDS an autobalance teams option!

Also had 2 games of Bomb Da Base II with 4 and then 1 other person --- the first was awesome as we all got into seperate cars at the start - so when we were chasing the armored van it looked like an all out assault coming from all angles. (I wish this game had a save replay feature like Halo 3 where you can then go back and change the camera and play around and make a finished movie)

The second was fun because it was just 2 of us so we were loaded at the end and i ranked up to level 3.

Much agreed about the autobalancing thing! I'd like a different kind of system for the team-switching shenanigans that go on away, everyone playing musical team slots. The amount of times I'm in a TeamDM lobby with 3 other folk and they all want to play on their own one-man team is annoying.

i think they're after all the money for winning - otherwise if they make $10000 and have 3 teammates it gets shared out with them even if they only had earnt 100

-

Played 3 games of bomb da base today and got myself an absolute SHIT LOAD of money - one annoying thing i found is there are a group of weirdos who get in the chopper and start flying through the skyscrapers and always end up clipping the blades too much and we end up crashing - dumb asses

But anyway - played them all on hard which was just as easy as easy really and the cash for winning was something stupid (that i can't remember right now)

EDITED

Got to rank 4 and im ranked 7105 which isn't too bad when someone on my friends list is ranked 209881

the clothes i got are shit except for the helmet - what rank do you have to get to be half naked as someone from here has unlocked ?

Last edited:
Please no more invites into entire map games. I joined 4 different peoples invites last night and out of them all the only one i would say was playable was the one i think yana invited me in as the spawns were close enough to be fun (although there were a few rocket launching hoggers who).

One part pissed me off though - i was in a car and it set on fire - i stopped the car and got out on the corner of a street as someone launched a rocket at me - the rocket hit the car and i fell over onto my face... it took my guy about 5 seconds to stop fucking around and get to his feet by that time the guy had ran over to me and shot me and killed me.

As soon as i spawned i saw i was right next to him - so i took 2 shots at his head, he turned and fired a rocket at me and killed me - i repspawned and just as i started a rocket hit me and killed me - i respawned again and a cop car ran me down, as i stood on the floor like a dick i got killed by another of his rockets!

The other 3 i think came from people off this board but they were terrible - one was vehicles set to off, cops on, peds on and spawns were miles apart ... with 5 of us! I'm sure the guy who won only managed something like 5 kills and i spent 99% of the game killing cops so i could get a car to find someone.

I dont mind Team DM on a bigger map - but DM with the entire city im not enjoying

Sorry had to leave after just the one game last night proxi, i only managed 3 hours sleep the night before so i was dead on my feet. Was fun though

Two top moments for me last night!

Velocity5, in that Cops & Crooks match where I was the boss, did you like my driving?! The jump on the broken bridge was probably best attempt yet, especially with the landing. For those who weren't there, I drove the poor guy to the half built freeway in Bohan and took the ramp on the right-hand road, and after flipping and twisting the car like a dice being rolled we bounced over the freeway, the first building, the street, the second building and then landed down a crack, sideways, with the next building on from it. Managed to just drive but I'm sure Velocity5 was throwing up his last meal.

Meanwhile, later on in the Airport on a Deathmatch, I was continously trying to jump over the oncoming ClassicD driving at me in his sportscar, and the ragdoll effect on my character was in full effect. Pissfunny, I dunno how I managed to win that battle too after getting knocked down more than Brian Harvey in a recurring dream

EDITED

Got to rank 4 and im ranked 7105 which isn't too bad when someone on my friends list is ranked 209881

the clothes i got are shit except for the helmet - what rank do you have to get to be half naked as someone from here has unlocked ?
you dont need to unlock the half naked one. its there from the start. just go into player model and there should be a button for 'zombie', i think its L1 or R1.

Ahh i see it... the zombie option. But hes wearing some undies/flip flops and thats it... I could have sworn ive seen people running around in yellow pants and no top though.

Does anyone still play this? Been playing this again recently (as well as FIFA!) and havent seen anyone on it for ages. Forgot to add you Radiation since getting my new PSN as well, will add you later.

i traded it in to get MGS4 - i might pick it up again when some DLC comes around - i wish they had added a CTF mode

Anyone still playing this? I'm addicted to DMs at the airport, sad I know but for me it's the most typical deathmatch "arena" style level on the game and I have constant races around the control tower sniping folk who hate the sight of me.

GTA Race gets a few goes too. Anyone who's up for a game add me or let me know here, I'm on most nights late on.

Still playing the core game as i didnt get far but now that i got free time im trying to get further in single player, 24.5% so far :LOL:

I haven't touched this for about 2 months, I think I haven't completed more than 10% of the story. :DOH:

I'm up for some online play though. Same regarding FIFA. ;))

I traded it in, I got bored with it.

There's a small group of us forming on this at the moment, Free Mode at the airport, it can last hours. So many stunts being done, I must say that when on a motorcycle I am the Tony Hawk of GTA4, you've never seen such slick 720 degree cockgrabs, or whatever the moves are called, haha!

Back
Top Bottom