GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

A lot of ppl underestimate this game saying its gonna be this city or that.
I think the game will take place in Britain or Europe and like the size of Just Cause it is gonna be huge not just a few cities with a bit of land between.

I'm expecting this to be really good. I havent enjoyed a GTA game since GTA2 so I'm probably asking for too much. But they've had way too much time to make and great hardware to work with so they have no excuses this time.

I'm expecting this to be really good. I havent enjoyed a GTA game since GTA2

I simply cant believe that, GTA2 was top down and sure it was a step up from GTA, but GTA III blew it out of the water, the free roaming 3D style revolutionised gaming as we know it, and it was a console seller for Sony for sure, the game came out on Oct and everyone was talking about it, and loads of people got a PS2 that year, then when GTA Vice City came out, BAM, once again PS2 shortages.

GTA IV should be good, Rockstar know this is their biggest IP to date, they will not funk it up, simple as.

I simply cant believe that, GTA2 was top down and sure it was a step up from GTA, but GTA III blew it out of the water, the free roaming 3D style revolutionised gaming as we know it, and it was a console seller for Sony for sure, the game came out on Oct and everyone was talking about it, and loads of people got a PS2 that year, then when GTA Vice City came out, BAM, once again PS2 shortages.

GTA IV should be good, Rockstar know this is their biggest IP to date, they will not funk it up, simple as.

Indeed

Cant wait to see this either, its one of the big games of 2007 for me!

Dj

GTA never fails to entertain. Wherever its set it will be the best free-roaming game out there no question.

GTA never fails to entertain. Wherever its set it will be the best free-roaming game out there no question.

Yep truesay. There are so many of the free roaming games about, but nothing beats GTA. In terms of playablity, I'll prob say Crackdown came close though. But story, comedy and style (especially Vice City!) the competition is dry in comparison to GTA.

GTA3 might have been a better game but I enjoyed and played GTA2 a lot more. Maybe it had something to do with the amount of other games I had around that time. But when I had GTA2, that used to be the only game I would play for days.

First screen:

gta4ui5.jpg

Graphics look a bit crap in my opinion

Ha Ha Ha... It would be immense if A) they did look like that and B) it really was set in London....

Dj

Ha Ha Ha... It would be immense if A) they did look like that and B) it really was set in London....

Dj

I have to disagree with (A). I do not want GTA to be ultra realistic from a graphics standpoint. Given the nature of the content it has to be stylised from a graphics stand point. I wouldn't play it if it looked "real". As for the London setting, "Meh"!

Maybe you will be able to map your own face and be the charcter in the game? Woot if we could, I will be the KingPin

GTA IV will be the same old bollocks. Get a drive, take it for a spin whilst running over some old ladies, kill some Gs and fu*k some hussys.

I can't wait! :)

It wont have the same feel with the street cars being over large bore exhausted Novas and Corsa's with loads of trimmings, playing over load distorted dance tracks and a pasty white guy with a Hoody and a reverse baseball cap hagging an arm out of the window talking in a poor pseudo Caribbean rap slang pretending to be a street gangsta man on his way to the dole office...

On second thoughts I'd love to drag the nonce out of the car and kick him to death!! :lmao:

I want it be set in europe, but like San Andreas, more then one city.

It could be for instance; London, Paris and Berlin. Or Rome, Barcelona and Paris...Maybe the Alps could be included

Anyway..I'm tired of the US cities and I think it would be nice to see some european cities!

It will use the same engine as Table Tennis but I'm sure it wont look anywhere near as good, Table Tennis only has to render two players and a table, while Grand Theft Auto will have to render an entire world with thousands of people. :)

If the game had 5 islands based on European citys that would be amazing.

London, Paris, Berlin, Rome and Barcelona. :)

GTA IV will be the same old bollocks. Get a drive, take it for a spin whilst running over some old ladies, kill some Gs and fu*k some hussys.

I can't wait! :)

Don't forget next-gen graphics, well hopefully!

I have a sneaky feeling that GTA:IV will be radically different from anything we have seen before. I think it will be stylised, and that the gameplay will have fundementally evolved from what we all "think" GTA will be.

I loved the setting, feel, and storyline of San Andreas, and I really don't want this to be set anywhere in Europe

Yea...there was something so soothing about driving on your Harley through the Valleys whilst listening to some Lynyrd Skynyrd :D

The thing is, do you guys think the public will mind if it's just the same old stuff...but this times in better graphics. I can't imagine GTA taking the Crackdown route for example

Back
Top Bottom