Guitar Hero Thread

A

Adonis

All I can say is that Im considering calling this the best game Ive ever played.

I dont even follow rock music, but playing it is awesome. Theres nothing like rocking away to More Than a Feeling by Boston with the crowd cheering you as you pull of some amazing combos, which are super solid sometimes.

All this, and Ive not even played it with the guitar yet!

Im soooooooo happy I gave this game a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Guitar Hero (stunning!)

PAL release is next friday, but serious shortages of SG guitar controllers are expected for the first couple of months so get in there fast ;)

RedOctane & Harmonix have a new song disc in the pipeline which should be out just after summer.

Adonis, look up Frequency and Amplitude. Those two play very similar to GH but are designed for the PS2 pad, you'll love them :)

its been voted in the top 20 PS2 games of all time

If it was Turntables Hero I would be well away :) not really a guitar person myself.

DJ

I would recommend people try it as the game is fantastic

Ive finally completed the game on medium.

It gets very tuff towards the end, but I got there. It was at a price as my 4 shoulders buttons are wrecked now!

Cant wait to get hold of the guitar on Friday. Thats when I take on Hard and expert!

The best games of all-time excluding football games:
(don't argue, I am right)

The Oddworld series (Abe's Oddysee, Abe's Exoddus, Munch's Oddysee and Stranger's Wrath)
FreQuency
Amplitude

...and now Guitar Hero.

If you haven't tried all of the above games, you are not a gamer. TRY THEM NOW.

i dont like the look of Frequency but Amplitude looks good

Freq and amplitude are almost the same game. Amp = freq unrolled :)

Excellent soundtrack (QOTSA, Helmet, Pantera, Ferdinand, Red Hot Chilli Peppers...and judjing by the trailer, the concerts athmosphere looks great)

Any chance of this being released for PC ??

You may as well have done. :)

IT ARRIVED!

What a game. Can I assume you've played Jack? It's exactly what I was hoping for, and the guitar works a treat. It's well put together and looks like it'll take some punishment.

The only problem I'm going to have is playing it at anything other than FULL VOLUME!

:) Mine arrived at 1pm, absolutely stunning game. And yeah, I've already had the complaints about the volume. Can't help singing to it as well, and all those things you do with the air guitar (kneeling on the floor, throwing yourself across the room) you can now do WITH A REAL ONE (well, kind of).

Up to the second level on "easy" so far - could start and finish on "expert" but then the game would be over too quickly for my liking. That's the only possible complaint I could have with FreQ, Amp and now GH - once you're finished, you're finished (although saying that I did replay Amp quite a few times).

The fun factor is absolutely fantastic though - Harmonix can do no wrong in my eyes. Worth every penny. The girlfriend's had a go, even my DAD has had a go - this is a real winner.

And I've just realised I've become so attached to the guitar that I constantly subconciously move my arms to miss it, like when you've worn glasses all day and then when you go to bed you try and take them off when they're not there, haha.

XBOX 3-what? :D

And a second disc coming too, can't wait :D

JB talking about singing my mate said it would be good if they used Karaoke Revolution along with Guitar Hero

what a night in with mates that would be :)

That's a great idea, actually!! A virtual band, that would be fantastic, especially if you could afford two guitar controllers (guitar + bass guitar), a microphone and... Some other peripheral they could come up with (mini-drums?!).

Just thought I'd try "expert" for a laugh (it got to the point where I could finish every song in both FreQ and Amp with 100% accuracy on expert)... If I ever manage to finish a song on Guitar Hero, on "expert" and with 100% accuracy, I will be gobsmacked. Surely to play at that level and not make any (or many) mistakes, you've got to be pretty much a REAL Guitar Hero?

If I make it all the way to expert and finish every song 100%, I'll be seriously gutted if I can't play the guitar afterwards. :|

Jack Bauer said:
That's a great idea, actually!! A virtual band, that would be fantastic, especially if you could afford two guitar controllers (guitar + bass guitar), a microphone and... Some other peripheral they could come up with (mini-drums?!).

Just thought I'd try "expert" for a laugh (it got to the point where I could finish every song in both FreQ and Amp with 100% accuracy on expert)... If I ever manage to finish a song on Guitar Hero, on "expert" and with 100% accuracy, I will be gobsmacked. Surely to play at that level and not make any (or many) mistakes, you've got to be pretty much a REAL Guitar Hero?

If I make it all the way to expert and finish every song 100%, I'll be seriously gutted if I can't play the guitar afterwards. :|

Check on YouTube mate. Theres some videos of people pulling off some crazy songs on expert, their hands are just a blur.

Just to reinforce everything, I also ordered from Gameplay and it arrived today. Its fucking brilliant. Nuff said

If you're talking about the sauce and gravy videos, sadly they're fake. They still look excellent :)

Meant to say, have you seen the warnings about the guitar controller? "If in doubt, please contact your doctor before use."

I can just see someone going to their GP with a plastic guitar and asking if they'll do themselves an injury with it, can't you?

God i gotta learn all the guitar fret colours? May aswell learn the real thing no?

badlandz said:
God i gotta learn all the guitar fret colours? May aswell learn the real thing no?
YES! Learning the 5 button colours on the controller are as difficult to learn as playing a real guitar!! :rolleyes:

babs said:
....Adonis, look up Frequency and Amplitude. Those two play very similar to GH but are designed for the PS2 pad, you'll love them :)

They games were great, Amplitude was jsut better imo.

How's it going Chris? I'm up to about section 4 on hard now, and being stuck I've gone back to master Bark At The Moon on medium.

It goes to show you really can progress. At first I couldn't do more than 11% of that song, now I never fail it.

I'm upto the half-way point of medium and struggling a bit. Desperate to get up to Noone Knows (my favourite song by far), but the blue bits throw me off completely, somehow!

Unlocked a few songs from the shop as well, all of which I fail on after about ten seconds. At least this game will last me a while longer than the other Harmonix games have! :|

Back
Top Bottom