Halo 3 - Official Topic

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
This forum's desperately lacking a Halo 3 thread , so here goes!

Official site - http://www.bungie.net/Games/Halo3/

h3_e32006_ChiefIntro.jpg

Halo 3 is the third game in the Halo Trilogy and will provide the thrilling conclusion to the events begun in Halo: Combat Evolved. Halo 3 was first revealed at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles on May 6th, 2006. Halo 3 will be available for Xbox 360 in 2007.

Halo 3 will pick up where Halo 2 left off. The Master Chief is returning to Earth to finish the fight. The Covenant occupation of Earth has uncovered a massive and ancient object beneath the African sands - an object who's secrets have yet to be revealed. Earth's forces are battered and beaten.

The Master Chief's AI companion Cortana is still trapped in the clutches of the Gravemind - a horrifying Flood intelligence, and a civil war is raging in the heart of the Covenant. This is how the world ends...

Re: Halo 3 (360) - Official Topic

A swdish magazine (Level 7) visited Bungie and this is all the info they got. The link is in Swedish, but someone translated it so here it is.

It's all in Swedish and im going to translate it to english here.

http://www.level7.nu/texter/read.php?id=115814

Three Multiplayer levels were tested

Three different multiplayer levels does our own Halo-Fanboy Thomas Wiborgh have time to try out and the levels are limited by invisible walls. If the player reaches to far outside of the level they will be attacked by an automatic defense. Whats the point of it is not presented in the text.

One of the multiplayer level is called "Snowbound". It's a battle level in winter territorie with large Covenant bases. On the levels are also bunkers that are protected by energyshields. These shields can't be penetrated by bullets and grenades, but players can go through it though.
Another level is called "Highground", its shaped for teamplay and reminds of the Halo 2 level "Zanzibar". One team has to defend a base that is on a hill. The other team begins in a beach below the base and has the mission to attack it. In the base you can open alarge gate that lets a warthog from the beach drive inside the base.
The third and last level is called "Valhalla" and is a forest covered level with mountains in the horizon. It's so big that it is made for vehicles and has two large bases placed out. (It's suppose to be the new "Blood Gulch".)

At least two new vehicles

A new vehicle has been revealed: "Moongoose". It's smaller and faster then a warthog and has only two places to sit on. It is used primarily for fast transportations. Another vehicle by the name "Man Cannon" has been mentioned, but no further explination has been presented.

Lots of new weapons

When it comes to weapon a lot of things has happend. Bungie has listened the critics from Halo 2, that primarily didn't like that it was so important to use two weapons at the same time, so called Dual-wield.Now they have done the standard weapon Assault Rifle a bit more powerful, but it's still not so good as the other weapon in the game.
All the weapon the players carries are being visiulazied in the game. I.e. you can now see an opponent carring around a Shotgun on the back.
Spartan Laser is the name of one of the new weapons. It's made for destroying vehicles and even if it takes time to use and its not so hard to avoid it makes a lot of damage. You dont want your vehicle to be hitted by its red heating ray.
Another new weapon are the Brutes "Spiker". Its like a one-hand Shotgun but shoots out a lot of nails. A new grenade has Bungie also put in. It blows its harvest of nails in one direction and can be placed on walls or the ground.

New Control

The controll has some new features: RB and LB (the upper shoulder buttons) are used for reloading the weapons, while RT and LT (the lower shoulder buttons) fires the gun. If you have a weapon in your right hand you reload it with the RB and if you have a weapon in your left hand you reload if with the LB.
The X-button is being used for something that is going to "change the whole game", but Bungie are not ready to tell about it yet.

Legendary Edition

Bungie are going to release Halo 3 in a "Legendary Edition" that looks like Master Chiefs head. It contains four DVD disc's. One with the game, another with documentaries and commentator tracks, one contains "spinoff-material" like Red VS Blue and Spark of life. And one with all film clips from the game series in a chronological order.

Like the E3-Trailer

One game sequence is from the singelplayer part is being showed up too. Accordingly to Wiborgh it reminds of the Halo 2 film that was being shown on E3 2003 and it shows that the game is taking place on earth! This time its going to accordingly from Bungie being directly game parts taken directly from the game.
PA270083.jpg

PA270084.jpg

PA270085.jpg

PA270086.jpg

PA270087.jpg

PA270088.jpg

On plot twists

"Halo 3 will contain more plot twists than any other game in the series" --Jaime Griesemer

On Gears of War being competition

Quote:
"We've played lots and lots of multiplayer and some singleplayer, and yeah, it's really good. But it's also quite a bit different from what we're doing. I realize that a lot of people are concerned that Halo 3 and GoW are going to compete for the same audience, but I think that when people get to play, they'll realize how different the games are. Gears is a much slower game where stragegy and cover plays a bigger part." --Jaime Griesemer

On graphics

"A lot is still missing in this build. Weather- and water effects are missing, and most of our HDR isn't in there yet. We're still at alpha stage, but when everything is in place, Halo 3 will be the best X360 has to offer." --Brian Jarrard

"We definitely have another strategy than Epic Games when it comes to graphics. We'll never engulf our game environments in lots of details like that. GoW looks absolutely fantastic, but we want to avoid compromising Halo's unique visual style. That's why we're making a clean, sharp game as opposed to one with insane amount of details." --Brian Jarrard

"There are many ways to convey emotion. Graphics is not the most important one." --Brian Jarrard

On multiplayer and bots

"Multiplayer has always been important, but it's developed in a different way which makes it look bigger for every game. We have a base that we always build the MP part on, whereas the SP mode practically has to be built ground-up every time. Xbox Live also made MP in Halo 2 even more important." --Brian Jarrard

"A lot of people ask us about bots. They think that the AI in Halo was pretty damn good, and would work well in MP as well, but it's really not that simple. The enemies in Halo are optimized for encountering the player in large numbers. They would be a lot worse at abstract thought AI like 'I have to defend my flag' and so forth. In short, to create bots for Halo would be an immense undertaking, and we rather put that time into making new levels, weapons and netcode." --Jaime Griesemer

Last edited:

TeamXbox said:
Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta Announced!

Ever since the game was first officially announced at Microsoft's E3 Press Conference this year, the public has been clamoring for any news about Halo 3. We've waited patiently as Bungie and Microsoft planned their attack, hoping for just a crumb of information. Now, on the fifth anniversary of the first game's release, the companies sent out a press release with enough information to keep even the most rabid happy for months to come (OK, maybe just for a few minutes).

Players from around the world will be able to take part in an open beta of the game's multiplayer mode, helping to iron out any bugs in the network code, while at the same time getting a glorious taste of what's sure to be 2007's hottest multiplayer action. In addition, Xbox 360 owners will be able to download exclusive content for Halo 2, the game that's still tearing up the Xbox Live charts two years after its release. Finally, they announced that a 60 second ad will appear during December 4th's airing of ESPN's "Monday Night Football."

Be sure to read the press release below for the complete details. See you in the multiplayer beta!

Bungie Studios Prepares “Halo” Nation to Finish the Fight

Groundbreaking worldwide “Halo 3” public beta and “Halo 2” maps exclusively for Xbox Live on Xbox 360 coming in spring; first “Halo 3” TV ad coming this December.

REDMOND, Wash. — Nov. 15, 2006 — On the fifth anniversary of the release of the landmark Xbox® video game “Halo®,” Microsoft Game Studios and Bungie Studios today celebrated the milestone by announcing an exclusive hands-on experience with “Halo 3,” one of the industry’s most anticipated sequels. The Xbox Live® multiplayer public beta, which is a pre-release version of the multiplayer experience of “Halo 3,” is scheduled for availability in spring 2007 exclusively on the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system.

In addition, Microsoft and Bungie confirmed today that consumers will be able to experience the “Halo” universe this holiday season through a one-time airing of a stirring, 60-second “Halo 3” teaser ad. And finally it was announced that the new, premium downloadable content for “Halo 2,” exclusive to Xbox 360, is scheduled for release in spring 2007.

“The ‘Halo’ Nation has a nearly insatiable desire,” said Jeff Bell, corporate vice president of global marketing for the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft Corp. “We hope a taste of advance ‘Halo 3’ gameplay satisfies some of their appetite as we count down to the game’s launch later in 2007.”

Expanding on everything that has made the “Halo” franchise so widely recognized, the final version of “Halo 3” will provide a wealth of technical and gameplay advancements, available only through Xbox 360, the leading next-generation video game entertainment system. Via the Xbox Live multiplayer public beta, a first of its kind for the “Halo” franchise, gamers will be able to play online via Microsoft’s premier online entertainment network and participate in a pre-release version of the multiplayer experience of “Halo 3.” This beta also represents an opportunity for gamers worldwide to participate in the development of “Halo 3.” Through the resulting feedback, Bungie Studios will be able to further refine and hone the end result of “Halo 3.”

Unveiled earlier this year at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, “Halo 3” represents the third chapter in the “Halo” trilogy, an international award-winning action series that grew into a global entertainment phenomenon, selling more than 14.7 million units worldwide, which equals nearly $700 million in sales, and logging in excess of 800 million hours of multiplayer action on Xbox Live.

On Dec. 4, the special 60-second “Halo 3” advertising spot will be broadcast, one time only, on ESPN’s “Monday Night Football.” The ad, created by advertising agency McCann Erickson, will provide viewers with a unique and compelling look at Master Chief and the world of “Halo 3.” It is easily one of the most anticipated ads of the year and promises to be the biggest event in appointment advertising this year. It underscores the innovative approach and driving influence the “Halo” franchise has commanded. The television spot will also be available for download exclusively for Xbox 360 users via Xbox Live Marketplace.

In addition, gamers who have jumped in to Xbox 360 will be able to join legions of Xbox fans next spring in all-new multiplayer maps for “Halo 2” available for download through Xbox Live Marketplace. The exclusive “Halo 2” content will bring new experiences and excitement to the seminal sequel that made entertainment retail history in its first 24 hours — with $125 million in sales — and that boasts more than four billion online matches since its release in November 2004.

“Since its original release, ‘Halo 2’ has redefined online play, delivering superior multiplayer capabilities in addition to an incredible social experience, and nurturing a constantly growing community through Xbox Live,” said Shane Kim, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios. “After five years of rabid fan interest in the ‘Halo’ franchise and with more than 4 million users and counting on Xbox Live worldwide, this is the perfect time to invite fans to join the global ‘Halo’ phenomenon.”

Next-generation high-definition visuals; enhanced artificial intelligence; an advanced real-time lighting engine; and new weapons, characters and challenges are just a few examples of the evolution of design and technology in “Halo 3.” These improvements are designed to give gamers an unparalleled experience and tell an even more compelling and engrossing story. Working in concert with Xbox Live on Xbox 360, “Halo 3” builds on the unique social multiplayer experience of “Halo 2” and promises to expand the innovative and evolving online gameplay and community of “Halo 2” on Xbox Live. In this third chapter of the “Halo” trilogy, Master Chief returns to finish the fight, bringing the epic conflict between the Covenant, the Flood and the entire human race to a dramatic, pulse-pounding climax.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12231/...eta-Announced/

:)

I said I wouldn't get caught up in the hype....I failed!

I am really liking what they have done to the Brutes and the environment and character models for an Alpha build look fab.

Guys is the music in the Halo 3 trailer new or also in Halo 2?

Im loving the music! If its in Halo 2 then I'll just grab the soundtrack.

It just seems cool to hate the Halo franchise these days, I don't get all the hate but whatever. Bumperman and airjoca - if you don't like the style of play in Halo then fair enough. But nobody and I mean nobody can comment on Halo3 from a gameplay and graphics point of view whilst it is still in fucking Alpha stage, that is absolutly pathetic.

It's not hate. It's general dislike. And not from these days, i dislike it since 1 came out.

Gameplay won't be that different, it's a FPS, it's not like going from Super Mario World to Mario 64. Graphics, don't really matter that much to me, gameplay above all.

OFFICIAL - HALO 3 BETA RELEASED MAY 16TH

Bungie said:
The Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta will go live on May 16th at 12:00 AM PDT and run through June 6 th at 11:59 PM PDT. That means that folks who purchased specially marked copies of Crackdown, or won a spot in the Beta through the “Rule of Three” or other regional promotions, will be able to log into their Xbox Live Gold accounts, download and play the Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta and enjoy an early peek at the multiplayer aspect of the game.

If you’ve been sitting on the fence, and are interested, you can still enter the Beta by picking up a specially marked copy of Crackdown, which would ordinarily be a chore, but thankfully Crackdown is an awesome action game which might ironically distract you from the Beta I’m pimping here. Bungie is also giving out a few Friends and Family spots to valued community members, but those are few and far between, so it’s safer to assume you’re not getting in that way.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=MPBetaAndVidocRelease

Nine Inch Nails have done the soundtrack to Halo 3 (for anyone who has heard of them - fabulous band!)

Nine Inch Nails have done the soundtrack to Halo 3 (for anyone who has heard of them - fabulous band!)

I'd like to see a source for that information.

They would have done music that is inspired by Halo kinda like Volume 1 of the Halo2 soundtrack. The "score" to the game will be done by Martin O'Donnell.

Really? Just what I saw on Soulseek the other night. My bad.

Not excited about Halo 3 AT ALL - I hope it suprises me.

all the little kids that play this spoil it for me, there too good and take the enjoyment out of the game

Same reason I'm selling Gears Of War (and considering selling Rainbow Six Vegas). You join a game and it's five squeaky voices going "oh my God you're so sad, you're so gay".

Back
Top Bottom