hand balls and dives

S

Sith Angel

I'm editing the commentary at the moment but today, I'm going thru the AFS file and I came across some stuff I've never heard before.
"it's a hand ball"
"the hand ball has got him a yellow card"
"a dive has got him a yellow card"
"what a dive!"

???
I don't understand this. Can you do a dive and a hand ball in the game?
I was told you can't but if the audio is in the game why not the move?

it's probably stuff left in game for future versions. These are not in game.

Hand balls are in the game but are extremely rare.

No dives I dont think

your players do dive sometimes.. you can't DO them. they just happen. So do CPU teams... they dive and sometimes get a foul even though it wasn't.
But the commentary never says those lines, that was my point.

Probably explains why the CPU falls over soooooo easily, maybe they are diving? :)

I think you do get handballs alot, but the commentators NEVER say handball, you just assume it is because it cant be anything else.

I heard "HANDBALL!" "Goes the other way, handball!" a lot in the PES3 and WE7I, but I've never had it in WE8I or PES4.

Yea I remember PES3, what a bloody joke that was with handballs, they said they would reduce it, but what they did was reduce it by 99% :p

if they do include dives, it would be fun to see the reaction on ur friend's face when u pull one off successfully.

Me and my cousin played TIF, and its pretty amazing being able to dive, and able to do a 2 footed challenge, they both happen in football, so why not have them in?

It aint like you got away with a 2 footed challenge, if you touched the guys leg hair you would be sent off, which makes it better, meaning you have to master the art of a 2 footed challenge.

But I doubt that would work considering its a straight red if you even attempt it, isnt it?

But diving imo is a must, if they made it perfect it would be fantastic, but if they make it poor, it will ruin the game.

very much agree with Kingpug's last post's last sentence lol ;) but then again thats true about almost any new feature hahahhaa.

Well..not all :)

If the diving never worked perfect, you could dive too easily and win a fk/pk 100/100, no use going on about it, it aint gonna get added anyway :)

This Is Football.

Well, those 2 features are like the only good things about this game :)

You do a school match thing, where its on the field with jumpers as goal posts, which is fun too, but apart from these 3 things, this game is 100% rubbish.

They have diving in World Football 2005 or whatever it's called. Game's a piece of shit but diving is a nice addition. I also like the fact that you can play as Samoa in it.

They may have made the game with the intentions of having players booked for diving/handball and found in practise it never worked out well so taking away the bookings but not the commentery

I've had 2-3 handballs in the Xbox version but never got booked for one... Never heard the commentator say anything about diving though.

Ooooh!!! So that's what happened today, I got a penalty, and since you can't see if they hit you or not sometimes, I said to myself, yesss penalty, but then when they showed the replay nobody touched my player, nobody even attempted to touch him, and he fell on the floor.. so I got a penalty.. and about handballs, I got it once, that I know of, because I turned commentary off for a while.. But I do know I got it once, and it was on me.

Yeah Konami only allowed handballs to be given when the attacking team is in the opponent's box this year if I'm not mistaken. To prevent 'hand of god' outrage I suppose!

As for diving.. Interesting to know that it's something Konami have considered. Personally I think it's a safer bet to forget it. Many people would be totally against it. Maybe a stat for players who 'go down easily' or something but a button for diving is a no no for me personally.

I wouldn't mind.. I havent played that game where you can dive.. But it would be cool.. I'm not saying everytime you dive you will get a penalty.. is better if they make it very rare for you to get away with it.. people won't use it much..

Back
Top Bottom