Hands on PES6 PS2 near final build

Caniggia said:
I saw one onlinepicture where you could se the text "competition" as an option.
Riot, first of all...Thank u for sharing us your precious info :applause:

By the way....some questions....your "Silver Version" goes OnLine? Can u say something more about the OnLine Mode?

As Caniggia says..."Competition"=Create OnLine Tournament?

And Last but not least....your screen about network mode in Master League what does it mean? Will we able to play OnLine with our masterLeague Team?

Thank u very Much.
Best Regards,
;)

Last edited:
Riot said:
Posts like these make me not want to share information. Criticism is always fine, but stupidity is not. Many of the things you ask, have been asked from Seabass.

As you see by the lenght and detail of your reply there wasn't many things stupid about my questions.

The thing is that in 9 out of 8 reviews of PES games it's always the same crap talk and none of the serious issues. I've never read about the detail you just passed us in any preview or review about the game: the way they rate players. And boy if that is true its even less professional than I thought.

Another good set of questions no one ever asks:

- what happened to the agreement once anounced by Konami and the makers of championship manager (now FM) regarding stats? It's obvious that never made the light of day in terms of PES stats, why's that since FM clearly exceeds in quality in that area?

- We can understand the CPU limitations regarding graphical issues but.. what's the reason players were never given, after 10 years of development, a proper Champions League tournament mode, a proper League mode that allowed international edited cups and transfers (thus competing with ML which doesnt suit the needs since there aren't enough clubs to make it realistic).

- Being Konami so concerned in avoiding piracy and game patching why didn't Konami ever worry about giving a proper and full editing system of PES to its costumers, allowing full editing of all parts of the game and most of all the sharing (online) of teams, appearances, kits, etc.? Infrastructure and CPU don't justify such limitations.

- Why did konami remove instead of broadening the editing possibilities? For example: in WE7Int there were various shirt and shorts types and lenghs (tight fit, loose fit, long shorts, short shorts). Those options were removed from WE8 on, shortening the possibilities of ingame editing when one would expect the good improvements to remain and grow.

ooh_harry said:
. I think Konami can do alot more in terms of licencing but choose to refine gameplay rather than go through the ardous task of acquiring licences.

That's probably the biggest crap urban myth we all went for sometimes in our PES life :). Believing that doing a great game engine somewhat justifies the poor performance in things like licenses and most of all... game modes, both indivual and multiplayer.

Mauras said:
- what happened to the agreement once anounced by Konami and the makers of championship manager (now FM) regarding stats? It's obvious that never made the light of day in terms of PES stats, why's that since FM clearly exceeds in quality in that area?

I think that the attributes of the WE are more realistic than the of the FM...

In the FM any player has:
Speed, accel, pass, heading, etc. in the maximum.

Jesus Navas has pass, dribble, scorer, all 20.

RlCARD0 said:

Mate,

FM has dozens of local volunteer fan groups that secure the correct stats. FM is popular for it's accurate database, specially concerning players playing in europe. Of course outside europe it's probably not that accurate and, in any DB there are mistakes but boy, don't even think about PES database being more consistent than FM, than can only be explained by the fact you don't know FM database at all.

FM has a system of valuation of players, a procedure and tools that observers must follow in order to rate players. That's why, contrary to PES, it's usual to see players that will be starts in 3,4 years show already a good chance of becoming that in FM.

I don't play FM since I have no time and I think those games wen't too far in complexety for the kind of fun I'm looking for but please don't say PES database is better than FM, specially because PES original DB is as crap as it gets.

Ehi Riot.Thank you for your first "preview".I have a little question:is the dribbling still a little too easy,as it was in WE10,or they have balanced it a little,more like PES5/WE9??Hope you'll answer,and hope it is now more balanced and still difficult,since i liked more PES5 on this angle.Thanks in advance:)

RlCARD0 said:

The hell are you talking about, in terms of realisim FM is miles ahead of WE, do you know how many people constantly collect data for the FM games?

The sidestep IS in the game, its just harder to pull, you gotta really combine R2 and pressing up at the same time...but you cant keep sidestepping as long as you hold down the R2, you can just do it once and then you have to get going again.

I'm not going to get into arguments here, I'm here to provide information.

Why does Konami do the things they do? Because they are Japanese and they work very differently than Western developers.

Riot, have you tried to play the game online? and are there some fees to play the game online or will it be free or you dont know?

Mauras said:
As you see by the lenght and detail of your reply there wasn't many things stupid about my questions.

The thing is that in 9 out of 8 reviews of PES games it's always the same crap talk and none of the serious issues. I've never read about the detail you just passed us in any preview or review about the game: the way they rate players. And boy if that is true its even less professional than I thought.

- We can understand the CPU limitations regarding graphical issues but.. what's the reason players were never given, after 10 years of development, a proper Champions League tournament mode, a proper League mode that allowed international edited cups and transfers (thus competing with ML which doesnt suit the needs since there aren't enough clubs to make it realistic).

- Being Konami so concerned in avoiding piracy and game patching why didn't Konami ever worry about giving a proper and full editing system of PES to its costumers, allowing full editing of all parts of the game and most of all the sharing (online) of teams, appearances, kits, etc.? Infrastructure and CPU don't justify such limitations.

- Why did konami remove instead of broadening the editing possibilities? For example: in WE7Int there were various shirt and shorts types and lenghs (tight fit, loose fit, long shorts, short shorts). Those options were removed from WE8 on, shortening the possibilities of ingame editing when one would expect the good improvements to remain and grow.

great,spot on!!!!!:applause: :applause:

RlCARD0 said:
Fred, Grosso, Crouch, Fabregas, Walcott...
Someone evolved?

You're basically asking for their stats, so I don't think Riot is gonna answer your question. Put it this way, even if Crouch is still rather mediocre, you can just edit him, so don't waste your time now worrying about whether he's better in this game.

Riot, I'd like to know about the freekicks. Shooting freekicks has always been fairly straightforward, but in PES5, it was very hard to score goals from crosses on freekicks. Has this changed at all in PES6, ie, do the players put themselves into better positions to receive and attack the ball?

mazanga said:
Zygalski, you disagreed with Riot on the subject of the goalkeepers being improved. What's your opinion on the gamespeed compared to WE10?
Hard to say as I only played 4 or 5 matches. Overall it's very similar. Possibly slightly slower than WE10 - but then I don't know whether it was being run on 50Hz or 60Hz so that may have had an effect.

Thanks for the info Riot

Have you played the ML any more yet? ie what's the league structure? Still the same old 2 divisions per league with 16 + 8 teams?

Riot:

I am very curious about the player-AI.
Is there a difference in the way players make runs in PES 6? Do they make it more often and better?
I know Seabass has told us about the improved player-AI, but that was about the 360 (next-gen) version. I like to know if this also has improved at the PS 2 version...

Thanks.

Last edited:
Mauras said:

:applause:

To go along with Mauras's post I would like to play a domestic league and still have transfers etc.. not just limiting it to Master League which is a bit fraudulent because you play against teams that are not in your domestic league no matter what happens.

DJ

Riot, have you played a penalty shoot out match yet? Are penalties still a gamble if you aim left/right? And how about free-kicks. I thought PES5 was pretty fair, perhaps easier than harder to score if anything? Have they been tweaked? Cheers.

limeyboy14 said:
You're basically asking for their stats, so I don't think Riot is gonna answer your question. Put it this way, even if Crouch is still rather mediocre, you can just edit him, so don't waste your time now worrying about whether he's better in this game.

Riot, I'd like to know about the freekicks. Shooting freekicks has always been fairly straightforward, but in PES5, it was very hard to score goals from crosses on freekicks. Has this changed at all in PES6, ie, do the players put themselves into better positions to receive and attack the ball?

Only I gave examples of players that are mediocre, and play a lot ball in the real life.
Did not I ask for the Riot say his attributes a to a, i asked he remembered of some apparent change.
In online championships does not have as edit attributes.
If does not it have as answer, does not confuse who be able to...

Also I thought your idiotic question, but neither by that I am giving sugestâo than you should ask.
I think I that is much more important make screen of the players that changed, than of the bottom of the judge, of the screen of presentation, of ball, boot, but also I am not giving opinion than they should ask...

The topic is free? Thks.

Last edited by a moderator:
ClassicD said:
I know the devs can't be blamed for a lack of funding,
I must live in the fifth dimension but... now it's due to lack of funding to buy a FIFA license that the game has poor stats and outdated rosters?

please stop the CRAP. Even the most lame and forgettable games, even from smaller studios had FIFA and FIFPro licenses in the past.

Deal with it: Konami is arrogant, doesn't respect it's costumers and are simply lucky to hold on to an apparently unambicious but brilliant game developter that, if he had THEM between the legs, would have already brought Konami against the wall and said: "you make this what if can be or it's bye bye Konami hello EA".

I bet my money that Seabass simply doesn't care about these issues, he is happy to be closed in a studio 365 days a year tweaking the game engine and doesn't give a damn about the person that buys it.

I must live in the fifth dimension but... now it's due to lack of funding to buy a FIFA license that the game has poor stats and outdated rosters?

please stop the CRAP. Even the most lame and forgettable games, even from smaller studios had FIFA and FIFPro licenses in the past.

Deal with it: Konami is arrogant, doesn't respect it's costumers and are simply lucky to hold on to an apparently unambicious but brilliant game developter that, if he had THEM between the legs, would have already brought Konami against the wall and said: "you make this what if can be or it's bye bye Konami hello EA".

I bet my money that Seabass simply doesn't care about these issues, he is happy to be closed in a studio 365 days a year tweaking the game engine and doesn't give a damn about the person that buys it.[/QUOTE]

Dude did Konami turn down a job interview? chillout some of us enjoy the game and don't give a shit about appearances.

Seabass is probably happy with the game....I doubt he looks at the packaging. Every Pes game has been an improvement or a change from the previous version.

Do yourself a favour and play WE4 (yes the PS1 version) and complete the International cup then read the message from seabass once you win the cup.

Some people still don't get what the most important part of the game is: Gameplay! Let a mediocre gamplay-soccer-game like FIFA care about licenses: They should, because gameplay-wise they have so much less to offer. I tried their demo the other night and now I already un-installed it.
Be happy with the gameplay and if you find licenses so important, be happy Konami did at least something to get some, although it should have very low priority.

The following is all about licensing. That's what the guys cause who find the licensing so important...
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19682

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom