Hanrik Larsson

S

stoikov

What a player and at the same time what a waste of talent.

Why has his talent been wasted on the SPL? He could have played serie A EPL or the spanish league, but he has been wasting his time playing in Scotland. Why, why why is the quesstionn, he is a great striker who could have been one of the best, but sadly he has been lost to the world.

bit disrespectful to the SPL mate, he will still be remembered as a fantastic striker no matter where he plays / played

he will have a final season in a top league then retire, i dont rate him any less for playing in Scotland though

super mick mcarthy said:
bit disrespectful to the SPL mate, he will still be remembered as a fantastic striker no matter where he plays / played

he will have a final season in a top league then retire, i dont rate him any less for playing in Scotland though

I sort of like agree with the dude though, you cant help think what this guy could have done at a big club.

No disrespect intended by the way.

Stuart said:
too bad you spelt his name wrong :roll:

Just noticed that now myself. :oops:

But this goes beyond the spelling of his name, his immense talents have been wasted, and I disagree that he will not be rembered as a great striker as he has yet to prove himself at a reasonable domestic level, I hardly call scoring a hatrick against Aberdeen or Patrick Thistle and outstanding achievement, the SPL is park footy. In comparison to other leagues.

I'm not saying that Larsson couldn't have been successful at a higher level but I doubt that he would have been able to achieve the legendary status that he has at Celtic at a club like Real Madrid or Man Utd.

hibsfc said:
I'm not saying that Larsson couldn't have been successful at a higher level but I doubt that he would have been able to achieve the legendary status that he has at Celtic at a club like Real Madrid or Man Utd.

Yeah your right, he wouldnt have been the standout player at the clubs you mentioned, maybe thats why he's stayed at Celtic, better to be king of the village and all that..........

What do you call scoring 2 goals against Bulgaria? thats world class, I couldn't imagin RVN or Ronaldo doing the same.

And to give up a chance to score hat trick what a champion, shame that his talents have been wasted on a village scottish football.

It must have been all the fit looking Scottish birds that have kept him there.

Many people say that he enjoys being the big fish in a small pond. I think there is some truth to that as he's always been the star for Celtic for the past seven years and there must have been many offers from bigger clubs which he didn't take but could have. Or maybe he's just loyal. There's no doubt he is an excellent striker, but, his talents would be getting a lot more coverage if he played in a better league.

the spl isn't a bad league look how well celtic do in the champions league and even though i hate them rangers do alright teams like hearts and hibs are getting better every year Larsson could do the same in any league he went to

The SPL is a joke. It's time they binned it and started from scratch with a new 16 team league.

Up here, it relegation / promotion doesn't exist anymore without some sort of legal battle. Nobody was relegated last season and it doesn't look like anyone will be relegated this season either.

As for Larsson's talent "being wasted on Scottish Football," I disagree. He's not any shitter after playing in Scotland for 7 seasons. So where is the wasted talent. Plus there's guaranteed Champions League or UEFA Cup runs when playing for Rangers or Celtic. I'm sure he'd rather play in Europe every season rather than settle for a mid-table place with a mediocre Premiership team.

Well whatever you (English) people may think, Celtic is still considered a big club in continental Europe.
Next , i don't see why Larsson shouldn't do as well as Van Nistelrooy at Man Utd. Van Nistelrooy is a great striker, but he's not better than Larsson imho...
How many players succeeded to score two goals against Porto????
Why did Larsson stay at Celtic??? I read an article in Four Four Two about him. Larsson is a family man and his family really liked Glasgow and Scotland, that's why he stayed...money or ambition isn't all in life...so his choice wasn't about being a big fish in a small pond....
Oh and one other thing English friends, how many Premiership clubs did Celtic beat in last years UEFA cup (Blackburn and Liverpool if i'm not wrong...). They also eliminated Barcelona... I think Celtic could regularly beat every EPL club...

gerd said:
Well whatever you (English) people may think, Celtic is still considered a big club in continental Europe.
Next , i don't see why Larsson shouldn't do as well as Van Nistelrooy at Man Utd. Van Nistelrooy is a great striker, but he's not better than Larsson imho...
How many players succeeded to score two goals against Porto????
Why did Larsson stay at Celtic??? I read an article in Four Four Two about him. Larsson is a family man and his family really liked Glasgow and Scotland, that's why he stayed...money or ambition isn't all in life...so his choice wasn't about being a big fish in a small pond....
Oh and one other thing English friends, how many Premiership clubs did Celtic beat in last years UEFA cup (Blackburn and Liverpool if i'm not wrong...). They also eliminated Barcelona... I think Celtic could regularly beat every EPL club...

Well as you say its all about opinion.

You say how many players score two against Porto, well how many do what Ruud did in being the top CL scorer in two consecutive seasons and the first player to hit double figures in the CL for two seasons running.

As for his reasons, maybe he did stay fo his family but do you really expect him to admit otherwise??

Your probley right in that Celtic are at a similar level to the likes of Blackburn and liverpool but IMO they wouldnt make top four, especially now Henrik is off.

Dont be biased guys....Larsson is alot better than Ronaldo or Henry etc. Henry is just plain and simply stupid.

Well am quite serious. Henry is a choker and he is a quite limited player as he lacks intelligence. He is clueless against a low defence.

As i said he's stupid and arrogant.

He will be considered a legend at Glasgow Celtic and will be forever remembered for bringing great success to them. He was truly appreciated and the fans showed him gratitude for staying with them.

Sometimes those things in life are much greater than playing for a top European club. I'm sure he was satisfied with his life in Scotland otherwise he would have left sooner.

Plus I'm sure when he looks in his trophy cabinet and see's all he has accomplished with Celtic, he'll consider his life anything but a waste.

bulldrig said:
Well am quite serious. Henry is a choker and he is a quite limited player as he lacks intelligence. He is clueless against a low defence.

As i said he's stupid and arrogant.

ha ha, i have to admit Henry is one of the more humble superstars, choking, i dont think so, he sometimes gets marked by two or three players, which is probably why arsenal are able to play such good football - because of the space he creates.

13 Stecyk said:
He will be considered a legend at Glasgow Celtic and will be forever remembered for bringing great success to them. He was truly appreciated and the fans showed him gratitude for staying with them.

Sometimes those things in life are much greater than playing for a top European club. I'm sure he was satisfied with his life in Scotland otherwise he would have left sooner.

Plus I'm sure when he looks in his trophy cabinet and see's all he has accomplished with Celtic, he'll consider his life anything but a waste.

Spot on mate. The usual suspects always come up with their shite and don't actually know that a football player is actually a human being at the same time.

FD

Couldn't agree with you more FD. Some people have no respect, the SPL is great and it is just envious Englishmen who want to bad mouth our beloved league.

I think he was commenting on the intellegence level of the man, not his footballing prowess.

Yes FD, and i hope that Henke wil prove that he can score loads of goals in top competition aswell (one who is much better than the EPL).

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
[
Well as you say its all about opinion.
You probley right in that Celtic are at a similar level to the likes of Blackburn and liverpool but IMO they wouldnt make top four, especially now Henrik is off.

Of course it's all about opinion, but it's certainly a case of money aswell. Looking at the amounts of money in the EPL it's surprising that English clubs aren't better (i'm not talking about Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal).
One example to prove my point.
I read somewhere that newly promoted Chrystal Palace increased it's year budget with 15 million pound. That's more (not much) than the entire budget of Anderlecht...Now is Chrystal Palace a better team than Anderlecht???? And if you know that Porto has a year budget similar to that of Anderlecht...

Yeah it is amazing amounts of money down there, that's why the chairmen are all against Celtic and Rangers moving down as the money they would generate would be rivalling the top teams down there. The players want it as Giggs and Beckham mentioned it prior to a testimonial game how they would like to play them on a regular basis but the money men don't want to see a big slice of their dough go.

But that's history anyway, no need to bore anyone with it.

FD

Yeah I wish him all the best, however if we get Barca in the ECL, I hope we pump them and hope big Bobo kicks him into the stand. :mrgreen:

Would be great to see him against Rangers............if they make the group stages. :mrgreen:

FD

Back
Top Bottom