Has anyone had an issue where the game just won't open anymore?

This is the only thing I have to go with the cause

Faulting application name: PES2020.exe, version: 1.2.1.0, time stamp: 0x5db935b3
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process ID: 0x398c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d59fceee72914d
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\eFootball PES 2020\PES2020.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report ID: 6707bed5-0c06-43d1-871d-c92a3cabe137
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

That's why I have forbidden Windows to download any single update about 7 years ago mate.
I like my system the way it is. I don't even run an Antivirus, nor a Firewall, nothing.

Windows Update always make things worse.

Sorry for the off topic as my issue was on the PS4 but it kind of fits in with the thread title.

I had the disc version and was playing the latest version at the time. I wanted to revert back to the vanilla version so I uninstalled the game. But after I reinstalled it the disc kept failing while the game was running. Other games and DVD’s would work fine but PES wouldn't work even after cleaning the disc. I since bought a new PS4 (for other reasons) and it still did not work so in the end I bought a digital copy.

I know it was not because I uninstalled the game. But when I did uninstall it the disc was making a noise and I remember thinking that I hope it still works afterwards. Strange.

On PS4 it never was a problem. Never had a crash or black/white screen! All good. I have the disc version. Without any suspicious noise. Only my PS4 is old and loud.

The noise mine was making sounded like the game was being removed from the PS4 and disc :P

Back
Top Bottom