Has anyone tried changing all the players passing abilities?

no its not real. if youed look at Juves(just for an example but pretty much goes for all top teams) shortpassing in 04-05 you would know its NOT real.

The idea of increasing everyones stats by a fixed amount is so unfair. Lets say you decided to increase everyones passing by 10, what if someone already had 99 for passing? He'd no longer had that same advantage over weaker players.

cuchipando said:
I can't believe what you're saying, I mean, the game isn't so hard!!!, is just more real, and for example I pass very good, just in short spaces, like it should be in real life. I play in the last difficulty, and in my 7th game I won by 5-0 with the master league squad against Ajax. You just have to get use to the new controls, the shooting has to be with R1 and R2, and the passíng has to be one-touch

I have never said that the game is hard, if you look at the changes that I have made in my OF, nearly all are designed to make the game harder apart from the passing.

I have played the game for years and on my first play of PES6, I couldnt believe how easy it was to dribble past players, I was then gutted when playing against the computer, defenders started dribbling and spinning around past players. This made the game far too easy and everyone I know who plays it felt the same.

I feel the changes made in PES6 to the way forwards now stay ahead of defenders and the easy dribbling was balanced by a harder passing system by konami and this has resulted in a game that plays more like Fifa than any other PES game. In one game I even tried running directly at a defender with a player with who has high dribbling skills and most of the time the attacker kept the ball.

I don't want to play a game were people keep the ball with one player and dribble past defenders as this is unrealistic, I want to play a game were passing and intelligent play is rewarded and thats why I made my OF.

RuneEdge said:
The idea of increasing everyones stats by a fixed amount is so unfair. Lets say you decided to increase everyones passing by 10, what if someone already had 99 for passing? He'd no longer had that same advantage over weaker players.

Players stats are changed by percentage, this means that the same difference between players is kept. Most of the changes were of only 1% and 2%.

I would be dubious too of any OF that changes stats in the game, but all can say is that this something I experimented with, which made the game feel more enjoyable to me and when I was asked to share it, other people felt the same.

If you play the OF you will see that good players still have an advantage and that whatever advantage it is, is no longer made useless by half the players in the game being able to dribble like maradona or accelerate abnormally like in the release version.

Chimps-with-quiffs said:
Players stats are changed by percentage, this means that the same difference between players is kept. Most of the changes were of only 1% and 2%.

I would be dubious too of any OF that changes stats in the game, but all can say is that this something I experimented with, which made the game feel more enjoyable to me and when I was asked to share it, other people felt the same.

If you play the OF you will see that good players still have an advantage and that whatever advantage it is, is no longer made useless by half the players in the game being able to dribble like maradona or accelerate abnormally like in the release version.
That doesnt change the fact that if someone has 99 for a stat, he cant go any higher whereas players with less than 99 will get an increase.
And using a percentage is even more unfair cuz the higher the stat was to begin with, the larger the increase would be. So the difference in quality between the good and the great would get bigger.

RuneEdge said:
That doesnt change the fact that if someone has 99 for a stat, he cant go any higher whereas players with less than 99 will get an increase.
And using a percentage is even more unfair cuz the higher the stat was to begin with, the larger the increase would be. So the difference in quality between the good and the great would get bigger.

There aren't many players with a 99 stat in anything and what advantage is lost by some players slighty loosing an advantage, I am more than happy to trade for a game were john oshea does not perform zidane turns and a player can no longer run from the half way line to the goal line without a defender putting in a tackle.

RuneEdge said:

no it wont get bigger as we dont talk about numbers from 101 and beyond.
it will get lesser.

for example:

10 procent of 85 is 8.5
10 procent of 99 is 9.9

BUT is see your point if a player has lets say 60 in passing. maybe increasing procent whit player that has less in passing.

65 and up 5-10 procent
64 and less 15-20 procent

maybe?

Last edited:
I think you's are concentrating too much on the passing stats alone, although that is the thread title.

The OF has a lot more chages than passing as I wanted to balance out defending against attack and slightly slow the game.

Most people simply are not bothered what players stats are as long as the game feels right and good players are good and do what their real life counterparts would be able to do.

Its no good having a game were the ratio of passing skills between all the players in the game is perfect if the dribbling is way too easy and defenders cannot defend and long passes take 5 miutes to cross the pitch.

Again I ask you to try the OF and if you don't like it fair enough, but you could have decided what you think about it a couple of hours ago instead of going into the morals of changing stats.

Chimps-with-quiffs said:
There aren't many players with a 99 stat in anything and what advantage is lost by some players slighty loosing an advantage, I am more than happy to trade for a game were john oshea does not perform zidane turns and a player can no longer run from the half way line to the goal line without a defender putting in a tackle.
First of all, O'Shea cant do Zidane turns and secondly, whether or not a player can run from the halfway line untouched has more to do with how good the defender is, not the attacker.

What you're trying to do is make the game more accurate rather than fun. And theres no fun in playing is unbalanced stats with unfair disadvantages.
If you're gonna edit stats, you need to do them from scratch like how guys like Del Perio and PLF do them.

RuneEdge said:
First of all, O'Shea cant do Zidane turns and secondly, whether or not a player can run from the halfway line untouched has more to do with how good the defender is, not the attacker.

I realise this and thats why most of the increases in ability has been added to defensive attributes.

RuneEdge said:
What you're trying to do is make the game more accurate rather than fun. And theres no fun in playing is unbalanced stats with unfair disadvantages.

Not at all, I wouldnt be making any changes that made a game play less fun. Take a look at the download thread and you will see the reaction has been just that, people saying they enjor the game more like this, not that its specifically more realistic.

RuneEdge said:
If you're gonna edit stats, you need to do them from scratch like how guys like Del Perio and PLF do them.

I like I have said before, I never intended to make an OF, I started of by editing some stats to get the game to play how I prefered. If you look at the thread title you can see that I was being experimental, not creating a entirely new OF. It just happened that a lot of people that played the game liked it and ended up asking me to release an OF file with these changes in and then I got a lot of requests to release a version with full kits in so I did.

People like Del Perio and PLF spend months getting all the players right, I was more concerned with how the game flows and getting the difficulty right.

RuneEdge said:

To each their own Rune, I remember you objected when I did the same thing for PES5. The game is slowed down tremendously with the modifications of global editing, that is realism. I don't want to play an arcarde - I want a longterm simulation game.

Most importantly, which is something most of you overlook, is the fact that AI cpu vs cpu games in a league format (ML or League) scorelines are either 0-0 or 1-0, and barely one is ever 2-1. With the changes, about two years editing this way now, I'm seeing very dynamic scorelines and very dynamic attacking styles.

That is something you cannot achieve with just editing from scratch like PLF and Del Piero - no offense to them, but that is all-around realism that way.

Sorry, Chimps - didn't mean to hijack the thread, just that I too have loved doing this - in PES4 this method that I discovered was featured on TheWolf's website and in SG that title was "Does Anyone Else Do This?". Check it out:

"Does Anyone Else Do This?"

http://soccergaming.tv/showthread.php?t=100276&highlight=sepakbola

"Behold...7 Stars"

http://soccergaming.tv/showthread.php?t=119588&highlight=sepakbola

Sepakbola10's Re_rate Opt. File and Values

http://soccergaming.tv/showthread.php?t=129700&highlight=sepakbola

As you can see this type of editing has received good publicity on SG and obviously there is a change - choose to do so or not, it's either your loss or your gain - no point in fighting about it or criticizing it.

Matt10 said:
Sorry, Chimps - didn't mean to hijack the thread, just that I too have loved doing this - in PES4 this method that I discovered was featured on TheWolf's website and in SG that title was "Does Anyone Else Do This?". Check it out.

Its fine your backing up what I am saying. Editing the way the game plays can greatly change the style of the game and your obviously going to edit to play how you feel and make it more enjoyable for yourself.

I cannot understand someone going on about the advantages some players will proportionaly loose over others, if the changes someone makes to the game, make it play better or more importantly how they themselves prefer it.

RuneEdge said:

I really don't think you fully understand why has made this OF and what he is getting at.

PES6 plays much more like FIFA than a lot of people would think a pro evolution game should be.

You can have the ratio between every players passing and shooting perfect, but if overall game plays too fast and dribbling is far too easy to the point you can score when you want, the game becomes both less fun and less realistic.

I see no enjoyment in passing the ball to your player with the highest dribbling accuracy and speed and going past every player on the pitch and then passing to a forward to hit a shot about a million miles an hour into the top corner.

I do however, enjoy a decently paced game were you have to think about getting past a defence by creating room through passing and movement as in real football.

Back
Top Bottom