Retired Footballer
27 April 2002
Just a quick poll to see how many Evo-Webbers have had dodgy 360s

vote away..............

it was reported that one guy had 7 break down on him

so far the poll is 50/50 now that is a disgrace

So thats a 50% chance of your £250 console breaking, nice one M$
finger.gif

Not yet, but my original XB dvd drive went, so just replaced that myself.

Was going to say the same thing, that's outrageous!

I was thinking that the ones with broken 360s were just making a lot of noise about it, but 50/50 is scary... I've had no problems with mine but this is the dreaded 14th month... I'm frightened to switch it on!!

i bought a premium for my little brother for xmas - he told me he had the 3 red lights come on once and the console shut down.

he just turned it off and the next day it was fine...

it's a common problem, but what can you do once you have flashed it? you're stuffed after that... :p

i bought myself an xbox 360 premium just before christmas from play.com - i wish i had had the chance for it to break down on me... instead of being nicked off the back of the delivery van!

when i tracked it a week after paying for it, i discovered it was 'loaded onto the van 6 days ago' - someone had a nice suprise on christmas morning!

so we need to add 3 more to the broken "yes" because of CWs and Flawl3ssCowb0y' multiple breakages

Bear in mind this is 1 computer forum out of many, what would it be like if all the others did it and added up the results.

So much for Micro$ofts resposne to watchdog ey

"we have received a few isolated reports of consoles not working as expected.
"It's important to note that there is no systemic issue with Xbox 360 - each incident is unique and these customer inquiries are being handled on a case-by-case basis."

So thats a 50% chance of your £250 console breaking, nice one M$
finger.gif

It's surely not 50% just because of 30 users who voted here :) I would estimate it's more like ~5% (if at all) worldwide which is still way too high, though, no doubt about that.

Oh, and I've never had a problem. Yet.

Im on my 3rd now, Its a good job im mates with people at game, they just swap my 360 with a new one if it brakes now thank god, hopefully they will do the same with my ps3 it it goes tits up

It's surely not 50% just because of 30 users who voted here :) I would estimate it's more like ~5% (if at all) worldwide which is still way too high, though, no doubt about that.

Oh, and I've never had a problem. Yet.

I wouldn't be so sure tbh. Pretty much in most of the gaming blogs/sites/forums there is someone complaining about the "ring of death." There was that infamous Watchdog review too. The fact is that, unless it is a direct danger to health, these companies won't take major action.

Maybe the survey population in a gaming website is not fair as it is likely that most of us here will be playing our consoles...a lot. So it is likely something bad is gonna happen. From personal experience however, I didn't play the 360 for hours on end.....only time I gave it a substantial amount of time was during Rainbow Six - and that was when it started crashing :(

That's no excuse though. Regardless of price, you have to expect a console to run for at least 3 years as you would a PC. I gave Sony a good grilling down the phone to fix my 2 year old DRE-ridden PS2 - managed to get it replaced by them for free ;)

I bought two (one for me, one for my brother) about a month after it was first released and neither of us have ever had a problem. I love machine, it's been good to me. :)

LMAO NICE TOPIC!

My 1st Xbox broke a month back with red lights problem...

took a week to get it back...

my re-issued version scratched my Champs League disc to ribbons cause it was standing on its side.

My 360 stands on it's side - is that bad?

EDIT: Just read on a few forums that this is an urban myth. My 360 has always been fine so I ain't gonna take notice of you lot ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's been on it's side for six months now. Never scratched a disc - although last night Champions League played with choppy commentary... I think my 360 is on it's way out...

oooooo jacks gonna become another victim :)

i should have allowed multiple votes for the people who have had multiple breakages

Kezz i see the poll as in if your an evo-webber theres a more than a 50% chance your console will break :)

Tiger Woods (which I was just playing to see if I wanted to sell it or not, after not playing it since Christmas) crashed on me three times at different points today.

I'm getting worried now.

Back
Top Bottom