Have you ever watched your club?

N

ninjabreakz

I have noticed many American/out-of-Europe football supporters around here and it would be interesting to ask this question to ALL evo-web members:

Have you watched your football club play at their stadium? Do you enjoy watching your team play? How much do you usually pay for a ticket? Which stand do you sit/stand in? How many times have you seen your club play?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i have seen my club play, i have seen a reasonable amount of times over the years but i'm gonna have to get a job before i can see them as much as i would like. it's actually quite weird, i just realised my mate who supports utd has never seen them play. i guess i take it for granted thet i get to any games.

Usually go about 6 times a year... not easy with school in the way. Good view is usually around 60-80 euros per ticket... which is 1st floor orange seats in San Siro. But the fun of it is sitting with the main fans on the 2nd ring, where all you do is sing and jump.

been going for 25 years and normally go to most home games, i'm struggling for work at the moment so am having to pick games instead of going to every one

normally go in the kop (block 202) in fact in all the time i've been going i've only been in the main stand once (qpr in 89) upper anfield road once (united last saturday) lower anfield road about 8 times and never been in the kemlyn road/centenary stand

i had a season ticket from 87 to 94 and used to do most of the aways as well, i ended up settling down and having a couple of kids so have had to give up going to the aways :cry: still managed to get to istanbul though even though it meant cancelling my family holiday ;)

Every home match a season, 1 away so far (kaiserslautern).

I'm standing in the north grandstand of our stadium, a season ticket for 120€. single tickets for those places around 10€, for a decent seat you need to start with around 30-35.€

:)

i missed like 2 or 3 home matches of the last 4 seasons. (too bad, but most were second bundesliga anyway ;) )

Used to go to United a lot in my younger days. Paid 80 pence to get into the stretford end paddock, then climbed over the fence in to the stretford end (no queue for the paddock cause it was full of old men). When I got older, I used to go to United Road because it was nearer to the away fans. last 20 years, i've only been to about 5 or 6 games a season.
Also watched Stockport on fridays a lot (on and off for 25 years).
I'll be going to see Gamba Osaka next seaon now that I live in Japan.

I used to be a big Man Utd fan, but unfortunately i never had the chance to watch a match at Old Trafford...would still love to do that though...the atmosphere is brilliant in the UK.

There is only one Brittish club i would like to see more,for me the most appealing UK club: Celtic and preferable in an Old Firm match.
IMHO Celtic have the best fans in the wolrd, the most beautiful kit, and the best UK team ever: The Lisbon Lions.
They have only one negative thing: Keane. But that's temporary.

1st time at Highbury i thought Kevin Campell was nice early `90 then Ian was greater,but last was spring break Portsmouth lost 1-3 the atmosphere is incredible(04/05)I take my family and it`s alot of money.I love High street Kensington,Nice hotel real small 70 pounds.i take the tube to Islington.London is like New York lots of different people,i will be going to the new Stadium to watch big games,this time i`m going w/ my m8 he`s from England,but Manyoo surpporter

Last edited:
I was a season ticket holder at Everton for a number of seasons before it became to expensive, my last season ticket was in 1998 it cost £195, same seat this season would cost close to £450.

never watched Arsenal play dont have the time or money really, i play saturday league myself and always working weekdays, budget just doesnt allow for it.

But I will make a effort to watch a game at the emirates next season I always promised myself I would.

Probably be the only game I will ever watch so will try to get in for a big match.

I always visited sc Heerenveen with my dad, but now I'm very busy with
school and don't have time for it. I've watched Heerenveen-Groningen
this season though, great derby. Especially the goal from Bosvelt.

Went to see Celtic back in the late 70s with my Dad, then when I got older would go and see Celtic during the 80s/90s with friends, when I could afford it. I even remember being at a pay-in at a Celtic vs Rangers game in the bad old days, was beat 1-0 by a Spackman goal. :(

1994 is when I became a 'regular' when Fergie took over, I could afford a season ticket book then. Was when Celtic played at Hampden whilst Paradise was being re-built. Had to give up my season ticket book a couple of years ago (when we won the league a couple of years back) for financial reasons (was getting married). Now a baby is on the way, but I'm hopeful that in a 2 or 3 years I can get going back along with my kid (boy or girl).

FD

I go to many games at Old Trafford every season and watch them quite a bit away. I have already seen United at Anfield and lift a trophy in Cardiff this season. The best time for me was the Nou Camp in 1999. The stadium is fantastic, the atmosphere was immense and we won the European Cup. That memory will stay with me for LIFE.

I have a season ticket for Derby so go to every home game and have done for about 9 years

i go to the odd away match now and again, i want to leicester away last week

Have to be honest and say i've never seen Arsenal play! But i have seen Fulham play once and that was last season against Charlton, My Dad lives around 30 minutes away from thier stadium.

Stringer Bell said:
Have to be honest and say i've never seen Arsenal play! But i have seen Fulham play once and that was last season against Charlton, My Dad lives around 30 minutes away from thier stadium.
Come on....no one believes that!I have to take out a loan to make a trip out there...Is sticky fingers still open out there

I used to go to Reading fairly often at the Madjeski and before that at Elm Park (on the South Bank) but I've never supported them.

When I was younger I was a Man U fan, but stopped following them once they started winning things consistently - e.g after FA Cup 90.

So basically I don't support a team anymore, although I have sort of adopted Maritimo as the club I look out for, and went to see them for the first and only time (so far) last season.

barreiros.jpg

db

denirobob is Oxfordshire near Reading and how comes you don't support them, do you find them boring or something?

beboquintero said:
Come on....no one believes that!I have to take out a loan to make a trip out there...Is sticky fingers still open out there
John is that you? :) (don't answer that lol)

Who doesn't believe that apart from you!

denirobob said:
I used to go to Reading fairly often at the Madjeski and before that at Elm Park (on the South Bank) but I've never supported them.

When I was younger I was a Man U fan, but stopped following them once they started winning things consistently - e.g after FA Cup 90.

So basically I don't support a team anymore, although I have sort of adopted Maritimo as the club I look out for, and went to see them for the first and only time (so far) last season.

barreiros.jpg

db
what do you think of bobby convey?

I have had season tickets to DC United for two years now, cost about $300. In america we have this wonderul tradition of tail-gating, basicall refers to the bed of a pickup, where you store coolers of beer and food and hangout hours before kick-off in the parkinglot, listneing to music and generally having a good time. Our season is mostly in summer so the weather is always nice. I cant wait for the season to start.

I have had my Arsenal season ticket for 11 seasons now, but I have been going regularly since 1990. I reckon I must have seen around 400-450 games now. I have sat in my seat in the Clock End for those 11 seasons, its a great seat, halfway up behind the goal. Gonna miss it when we leave.

I don't go away as much as I used to, I go maybe 5\6 times a season, thats to do with the cost and the fact that its difficult to get tickets, even for a season ticket holder like me. I am going on Saturday though to Fulham as a mate of a mate works in their box office!

I have already picked my seat in the Emirates stadium, I will be sitting in the East stand lower in the midfield towards to North End. Its getting soooo expensive not sure how long I can keep going. Next years ticket is costing me £990!!

PS CSaunders - My mate is a Reading fan and says Convey is good player and thinks he is good enough for the Prem when they get there.

Last edited:
I have seen my club playing, Universitario in its stadium, Monumental de Ate; about 4 or 5 matches in my live. I enjoy watching the game, but I enjoy with ever game too hehehe, not only of my team. The tickets cost are around 10 to 20 soles (about 6 american dollars).

The stadium:

Monumental_U7.jpg

Monumental_U.jpg

Monumental_U8.jpg

The team:

universitario.jpg

foto02.jpg

I've never seen Man utd :( i'm too far, BUT I did go to MLB, NBA (Houston vs L.A :rock: I saw T-MAC LIVE!), Venezuelan Beisbol, Venezuelan Soccer (SUCKZZZZ!)

I guess i was born in the wrong country... What happend God?? :spid:

Here in Venezuela if you go to the stadium with the color shirt of the home team you go in for free and get 2 beers free. :lmao:

Last edited:
Stringer Bell said:
denirobob is Oxfordshire near Reading and how comes you don't support them, do you find them boring or something?

John is that you? :) (don't answer that lol)

Who doesn't believe that apart from you!

Hi mate,

I'm living there now, but am from Reading (without the yokel twang though!)

Henley is just full of rich toffs who are into Rugby basically. Oxford Utd isn't too far away although further than the Royals.

Well when I was younger I was a big Utd fan, so the thought never crossed my mind really to change allegiance. Obvioulsy its good for them to go up for the town, (almost certain) but I'm not that bothered if you know what I mean.

db

csaunders said:
what do you think of bobby convey?

Hi mate

I'm afraid I havent really seen enough of him in the flesh to make a judgement looks a fairly exciting player though. Marcus Hahnemann (copy & pasted to ensure spelling accuracy ;) is a big fan favourite

db

Back
Top Bottom