HDTV? for PES5???

J

johnthekingsingh

I just read the back cover of FIFA 06 for xbox and it has a tick in the HDTV 720p box any ov you guys know weather PES5 is supporting simlar hd level?? pro evo 4 was 480p (ow and this is aimed at xbox 1)

I didn't know any PAL games supported HDTV, pretty sure the feature isn't present in the PAL machine at all, so no, I don't think it will support it.

all you need is the xbox component hdtv cable £30 its a us cable and works fine with our machines the xbox recognises the tv you are using and displays the tv in the resolution pro evo 4 is 480p

hdtv,lol,they still cant be bothered putting a 16:9 option in,when most people have widescreen tv's.Lazy programming by konami.

ripkord said:
no danny bhoy, youre right, no hdtv in an unchipped box.

ok techinically i meant unmodified, but hey, how many of you guys have a HDTV?

regardless of whether or not you can make a PAL xbox hdtv comp, it isnt out of the box therefore I doubt any PAL games will be made HDTV comp?

your true crime? is it PAL? if so thats a bit weird.

yeah ive got a 32" HD Samsung its mint. True Crime displays at 720 its in every copy of the game. there are a few others as well even a few that display at 1080.

You need to soft mod your xbox. Just run a set of code via a splinter cell game save if you search on it ye shall find lol

Its certainly worth doing the difference in games is mental.

Yeah, Fifa definitely runs in 720p I could test myself. It looks stunnig :-O! Let's hope PES5 supports this as well....

PEACE AND B WILD!

Last edited by a moderator:
i hate the fact that pes/we is in 4:3 mode...

football in widescreen really makes a difference. i wish konami would get with the times. fifa has been in 16:9 for years

so it means no HDTV either? I guess it won't run on XBOX 360 then as well since all games must support HDTV!?

PEACE AND B WILD!

Doesn't that just mean they have confirmed it's compatible with 360? Although all 360 games must offer HDTV support obviously this isn't the case for the compatible Xbox games, and I doubt very much if Konami would put a HD option in a current-gen PES/WE. I can't comment whether the North American releases of the game offered that option, there's more chance they did as that market didn't need to 'soft-mod' the machine to get HD, it was there out of the box.

Still doubt it, although I'd love it to be true and it's great that they confirmed it works on 360.

Yes, but the liklihood of Konami including a HD option in current-gen WE/PES is remote to say the least, given their games don't even suppport 16:9!

With winning eleven being out now for such time, if konami dont make pro evo 5 on xbox with some sorta HD element its gona be a major blow. Like next Gen winning eleven isnt till xmas 2006. Shit never thought id say this but fifa next gen on 360 look AMAZING and yes LOOKS is what i said lol

yeah even current gen fifa has 720p and widescreen to steal on pes for xbox 360 time.Konami really are slow thinkers, i hope thyeve proved me wrong with a 720p mode on pes5 but i've been trawling the web for weeks and found nothing. Won't be confirmed until the game has arrived through my door. But having played fifa 06 at 720p ill be very dissapointed with konami is pes5 isnt.

Back
Top Bottom