Header Satisfaction

muffinmak

Conference
26 June 2003
let me know, just how many of you still get satisfaction from scoring headers in the current versions of WE?

I still receive a lot more satisfaction from scoring headers in WE2000 than PS2 versions of WE. There is just so much more power and dynamic sense to them. Weird.

they should make it pwoerful and faster headers but ofcourse not easy headers, it should be like real-life, also player movement is really important in headers

A headers in the game, not like getting head. ahhh....oooo...k
I dont use headers to score. Dont like it so I rarely try.

HI NEW HERE ME AND FRIEND SIGN UP ALL FROM CHINA!!!!!!?!????????????????
WE PLAY GOOD WINNING ELEVEN WE DO GOOD HEADERS HA?!!!!!!!?????????
BYE

I find headers almost impossible in WE8LE, whereas in the three previous versions I'd score from 35% of corners. To me, headed shots are ruined in WE8LE.

I've scored very few headers in WE8LE.It's gone from one extreme to the other.

Its weird how people say headers are bad now... long shots are bad.. etc etc.. but i think its more to do with your particular style of play. I definately play alot down the wing and cross the ball heaps, hence score quite a few headers.. and yes.. headers are more realistic now than they ever were...

In previous versions, alot of the headers were almost always hard and high in the top corners.. bullet headers id like to call em... now there are so many more variables.. and best of all, now many headers are nice and low, and bounce into the ground before goin in.. which is very realistic.... and the bullet headers..wow.. usually only happen when someone is in perfect position and taking a run up if u know what i mean.. alot of the times they are too powerful and hit the bar or go well over.. many headers in previous games never went over the bar.. in a real game many go over the bar (not just wide)..so yes.. its definately more realistic now in that regard also.. an btw.. the diving headers are amazing.. for me very satisfying.. these days when i score like that it reminds me of the aimar goal agains brazil in the confed cup final.. bullet diving header.. awesome.

Im more wanting the over heads kinda tweaked.. i think more manualism(if thats a word) needs to be given to the player... where someone (with the appropriate ability, ie. a player who is known to be able to do good overheads) can attempt an overhead at will... because in real life.. anyone at anytime can try to perform an overhead in the right circumstance... they should just make it very difficult to pull off.. ie. mostly itll go well wide or skim 90 degrees off target it attempted in an impossible situation.. now thatd be great.. more power to the player i say :)

I score headers, but not much !!
I don't even see many headers againts me, Bcuz of Nesta and Stam :p
and I would say I score a lot now bcuz if Bobo :D

I score from headers all the time, it's not as easy as previous versions though. You HAVE to use the radar to see where your players are postioned. Then depending on where they you differentiate from the type of cross you make. Either hold r2 to do a high cross or r1 for a fast cross. Double tap circle for near post and use the d-pad to choose where abouts you want to cross it. You can't just double tap circle everytime anymore. I think they're perfect in we8le

I only get satisfaction when I score from a header that involves me moving the player towards the ball. It's quite annoying how most of the time my friends just blindly cross the ball hoping to find a striker that is in a good position. If they get a goal from that sort of situation, to me, it seems like they didn't use any skills to get the goal... :D

Chris Davies said:
I find headers almost impossible in WE8LE, whereas in the three previous versions I'd score from 35% of corners. To me, headed shots are ruined in WE8LE.

Disagree with you, mate. HEader are not impossible. I consistently score with headers every otehr game or so. Yeah, they're more difficult to pull off in WE:LE becoz the AI markings tighter. As many have said here, just blindly crossing and mashing SQAuRE qill not score you headers anymore. More realistic IMO. Better than WE8 whre palyers will try header from top of penalty box.

YOu need to jostle for the ball to win headers, and the type of cross coming in also makes a big difference. Definitely need to have a glance at you radar before crossing to know ehre to place the ball.

I you can get a ball to an open palyer(unmarked) i gurantee you it'll go in, but then it'll be better to chest and slam the ball home wouldn't it. (he.he)

Initially I had the same feeling as you, but as I spent more time with the game, header now are more consistent.

Don't give up, just try harder.

Cheers.

here in Brasil almost all the teams play with balls centered in the area.
being brazilian, i play with the same strategy
in WE8LE, you need a player with a high level of long pass accuracy, a player with good height, jump and header, and, of course, ability to see if you have players in the area and you have to knoow the best way to head the ball.
following the strategies above, it is going to be a bit more easier to score

PedroGhidini said:
here in Brasil almost all the teams play with balls centered in the area.
being brazilian, i play with the same strategy
in WE8LE, you need a player with a high level of long pass accuracy, a player with good height, jump and header, and, of course, ability to see if you have players in the area and you have to knoow the best way to head the ball.
following the strategies above, it is going to be a bit more easier to score

I disagree with you that we play side games here in Brazil...England is known for crossing games (the chuveirinho)... we play much more throught middle.. and our side players appear to don't know to cross well the ball... exception with Cicinho and few... Cafu is ridiculous crossing... Roberto Carlos either (his lower power crosses although are very good)

We play much more through the middle with low and thru passes, and of course a lot of dribbling and individual plays...

i think the easiest way to score from corners,is to take a left side corner with a left footed kicker,line yourself up wit the goal post,half the meter and press right on the d-pad, and a right side corner with a right footed kicker line yourself up again, then press left on the d-pad.
This way the ball curves out.
For example, with real madrid, Beckham would take right side corners, and Roberto Carlos would take left side corners.

I score 85% of my headers that way
maybe it will help some of u

realmadrid2190 said:
i think the easiest way to score from corners,is to take a left side corner with a left footed kicker,line yourself up wit the goal post,half the meter and press right on the d-pad, and a right side corner with a right footed kicker line yourself up again, then press left on the d-pad.
This way the ball curves out.
For example, with real madrid, Beckham would take right side corners, and Roberto Carlos would take left side corners.

I score 85% of my headers that way
maybe it will help some of u

I prefer to Mix it up. Sometime inswingers/sometimes out. Usually most of my corner goals come from inswingers to the mid/far post. Need to use R2 to get a good position though. Frankly I score more headers from open play than corners.

Short corener variations also works, push theball out and whip it in again. Good to have players with high reaction to pounce on these.

Cheers.

jiwa said:
Need to use R2 to get a good position though.
So what exactly does R2 do then? If you've got the ball it makes the crosses higher and if you've not got the ball it makes your "jostling" stronger, or what?

Really confused now, I thought all you did was press the "shoot" button to perform a headed shot. :shock:

One thing that pisses me off royal is when you finnaly get a situation where you have a man free in the box, no marker, you cross to him and his header still goes wide or hits the keeper. Ive tried everything, super cancelling, directing in all different positions but i just cant score them. However the comp has no trouble at all, they score with them most of the time, bastards.

I never score headers cuz I find them too hard to get goals from so I dont bother wasting any time trying cuz you're better off attacking in a way that you know you will score but just recently, I found a new way of scoring headers which is VERY effective. Its quite shocking how effective it is.
I had a 10min match against the CPU and I scored 7 headers against them. I'd normally find it hard to score 7 goals in 10 mins no matter how I tried to score them.
I'm not gonna reveal my secret cuz I intend on using it against people on WE9! :mrgreen:

Is it using the super cancel, retreating then meeting the header with momentum, if so i tried that and wont work for me.

Another method is actually trying to push players out the way by barging into them, creating a little space.

Am i warm?

Oh and the R2 button allows you to manouver to head the ball.

Back
Top Bottom