Heading

M

Mitchlang7

This is probably an elementary question but what is hte best technique for heading the ball a). defensively from a goal kick b). attacking a cross / corner

Do you use the directional button or R2 to jostle, and is it about timing of the button press or holding it down?

A)heading the ball defensively, press square to get the best distance away from your box
B)Attacking-this is a tricky one, some people say don't press any directional buttons and press square and sum say the opposite.Usually I aim the corner ahead of someone and then they run on to the header and I just press square.

I tend to hold R2 while positiong the player, for example if i cross infront of the player and the defender running in, I use R2 to cut the Defenders path to get to the ball first.
Also this is useful for corners, if you use R2 and bring your player farther from the goal, then the player will head the ball down instead of over the cross-bar.

I find using R2 quite difficult in an attacking sense as it's really hard not to over-exaggerate the movement and run past the ball. I'd recommend holding it down momentarily rather than for too long.

I find using R2 quite difficult in an attacking sense as it's really hard not to over-exaggerate the movement and run past the ball. I'd recommend holding it down momentarily rather than for too long.

Yes that does happen sometimes so you have to time it really well, but when you pull it off, you get some class goals.

Yeah, Its Really Cool also because you can sometimes use the R2 to get into positions for a volley or overhead kick.

In attacking corners i do prefer make a quick run with R2 and heading it with power. I don't really like being positioned already when the ball is going, because sometimes the player heads it away. I prefer running and go with a diving header or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom