Heavenly Sword (PS3) - Official Thread

Bought Friday and completed within two days?! How many hours play did it take you? I'd be fuming if I completed a game in two days, I like to stretch my games out.

Right off the top of my head.

I got it friday around 1pm.

Played it for about 2 hours that afternoon and then stopped myself playing (though i was enjoying it) Played it for an hour or 2 later on that night.

Saturday i played it from about 11am till 1pm realised i was on the 2nd the last part of the game and stopped playing.

Then Saturday night i loaded it up and finished it.

-

I didn't even try to complete it fast - i think i just enjoyed playing it so i continued playing for about 2 hours at a time and it was a short game as well to begin with.

So about 6 to 7-8 hours in total.

It was fun though - just too short and didn't offer anything to replay through really other than to score better on each section.

I'm a shit for games though anyway - some games like pes/fifa wrestling games or anything with customising options last me months - but anything action, racing or FPS usually only lasts a few weeks. I was kinda shocked this didn't even last the weekend but i got it on a credit note (after taking my 360 back and games) so i didnt feel as gutted.

Last edited:
Is it worth it?
Shall I buy it or just rent it from a friend? cuz one of my friends will get it by this week.

oohh rent rent rent.

It's a fun game but its very very short - a lot are saying thats the greatness of the game - it cuts all the bullshit out and just gives you the main story.

BUT... its like they cut too much out and the story happens to fast.

Stories are supposed to drag out so when you eventually get to the end your gagging to get revenge - but this throws you in right at the end of it all and you have a few short stories and you kill off the main bad guys army withing a few battles and then him in a boring final battle.

I posted a better ending - or an idea of how to make the final battle more epic on gamefaqs - ill have to stick it here for people to read and see if they agree once they've completed it

People were creaming themselves over the games finl battle saying it was EPIC.
So i posted.....

It wasn't even average in my eyes

First part - loads of idiots run in front of the screen blocking your view - basic NES style boss where you counter everything and then attack with a few button presses the retreat.

Part 2 - counter again... dodge the swooshing attacks

part 3 - counter again and attack - at least now the battle area is empty

And thats IT!?

Flying Fox was tough but it still wan't an epic battle up.

Totally pathetic boss battles set to an old old OLD school attack pattern

how could it have been done better?

Well I don't have to come up with a better final battle because its not my job

But off the top of my head in no particular order.

Have a Shenmue section with loads of actions to press and getting them wrong means you take a hit - getting them right means you crack him one in the face. (not just 1 button press and the games cut scene does the rest)

Add in LOADS more 1 on 1 fighting and less 'boss throws a fireball at you, you easily counter it - repeat and repeat'

A section where you fight along side your army and not just ping the enemy away like they are nothing to get to the actual 1 vs 1 fight.

Imagine you are in the middle of a huge battle... you run through hacking people out of the way... on the way to the raven king you stop to help someone (a cut scene informs you of them needing help - you choose to help = more points / good ending - choose not to = more health for the final battle) after helping them they join your side and in the final battle its you and them vs the raven king.

So the more you save the better your chance at beating him. He could always summon the past evil holders of the sword while you summon the past good holders and that's an epic battle.

Fights kick off all over the place - during the final fight depending in how well you played good guys die or live - - Eventually though her father is taken down (He grabs Bohan and then suddenly Bohan vanishes in a blinding light and her father drops down seemingly dead) Nariko stands over him. Bohan comes behind and the final piece of action is where you control Kai firing an arrow that takes him out just as he's about to finish Nariko off.

Her fathers eyes open when she does the 'hands over his chest' thing from earlier on in the game and then she drops down unconscious.

The final parts the same with her death and they believe she gave her life to save her father and Kai's.

How does that sound?

Or you can stick with:

Enclosed area - hack N slash... counter projectile attacks... hack.... counter... hack ... counter... press O.

Graphics are amazing, the game is very good, I love it at the moment, the story line is quite good, I havent completed it yet, as I have been playing it off and on, since friday. If you like the button bashing slashing games, similar to the likes of dynasty warriors, god of war, but different style then this game will be perfect. Got some cool other things, like the interactive cutscene type thing, where you have to press a button, and the six-axis is used very well in this! :D

Yeah, Seraphs21. Its a proper next-gen game. I like how there's a part in the game where you're facing a boss and you can move around in game time, while there is a CGI cut scene in a comic book style box on the right hand side.

Ninja Theory really did put an effort in varying out the game with the different kinds of obstacles you have to overcome during the game.

It's a good game (from what i played so far) but it's one of those games you play once and won't really be bothered to play again. A bit like one of my favorite PS games, Devil May Cry, a fun game with a good story line, but doesn't have in it for you to play it again.

Yeah, its a great game first time through, but not really got any replay value, thats the thing that lets it down, although I can see myself skimming back through watching some of the cutscenes etc.

I love the aftertouch feature, was difficult to get round at first, but its much easier now, im playing as Kai now, and got a lot of work to do from what I can see :D

The graphics are truly amazing, it is indeed as you say, proper next gen. I find it quite funny at times aswell, kai is a weird one indeed haha! The main boss is a weirdo too haha especially if you have got to where I am, he sounded weird aswell, because I was expecting some sought of deep evil voice, but I was way off, but his voice is amazing for the role, and the cutscenes and motion capture is phenomonal!

*EDIT*

Completed the game, phew, now that took some slight effort!

Cheeky buggers, they had an hilarious reference from Kai, middle of the game or so, everyone remember the game with the huge crab, hit its weakspot, for massive damage, and all the crap it got for it, well, if you got past that bit im on about, you will understand :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom