Help for an old timer....

T Butcher fan

Champions League
3 December 2001
So the Missus is slowly turning the screw at home, and more and more of my time when I get home from work is taken up, not with guiding a team of young English hopeful's to the top of the footballing tree, but with discussing soft furnishings and what type of climbing plant should grow at the front of the house (Don't laugh - they will get you too...)

So I'm thinking about buying a PSP to get some playing time in peace and quiet when I commute back and forth to work. And now I turn to you good people for help.

My questions are: Is Pro Evo any good on PSP? Is it like playing a small screen version of the PS2 release? Is there a Master League? Can that Master League be transferred back and forth between the PS2 and PSP?

All that and more (that I can't think of at the moment)

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm not ready to be a grown up......

T Butcher fan said:
Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm not ready to be a grown up......

How about get a garden shed then move the tv and ps2 down there? Then you can say your just going to the shed to do some DIY.... ;)

Hey Prof - Life is good (although the pressure of pretending I care what colour our bedroom curtains will be is hard to bear at times!)

I read the other thread about PES on PSP and opinion was pretty divided. I think I'll go with it despite the lack of ML, but it is a bit of a shame. Have you got a PSP?

I'm now managing Nantes in an ML (I've gone Old Skool and made a division of all the Top Teams) But I started it a month back and I'm only nearing the end of my 2nd season (Still in Division 2!). Hence the need for playing time!

Got some good young'uns (Ca, Fae, Bamogo and Diallo) but I'll be 40 by the time they've fully developed the rate it's going!

LOL Prof...
I'm way beyond the furnishing and climbing plant stadium...my wife realises i'm hopeless...but the kids...they have that age that they idolize their father and i have to entertain them... this will change in a couple of years...

As a good family man i also bought a PSP and the first game i bought was of course PES5...
To be honest: it's too difficult for me...i'm playing it less...i will retry again...you all now i consider myself a rathe rcrap players but on PS2 PES i'm (very slowly) getting better...in the PSP version i saw no progress...
As you already know Terry there is no ML which is a shame (also no cups, only league games)...
Another negative thing is the absence of a wide camera which is my main difficulty (the radar is too litle for my old eyes)...but Terry, you must be better than i...so why not try it...There is one thing that is easiers in the PSP version: the dribbling...

I would recommend you a PSP for another football game though: Football Manager Handheld is a great immersive game....i'm really hooked by it...

PS: and about the wife: things will change...take my word for it...been there...

Well, I think I'm probably going to go ahead and get one. Even if Pro Evo PSP is a bit poo, it's still going to be better than any other football games out there.

I'm interested in downloading DVDs too - (My Seinfeld addiction has also been curtailed recently) so if that's fairly straightforward to do then I'm on my way to serenity!

**********Bit confused - Amazon says Pro EVO 5 on PSP is released on May 12th, and does have a Master League. Have they got it all wrong?*********

Last edited:
Could this already be WE10 for PSP????
PES 5 defintely is already about an half year out (i bought it on decmbre 27th or 28th...).

I think theyre relaunching it since (if im not mistaken) the American version had ML, so theyre going to release it with ML for Europeans.

Back
Top Bottom