Henry Howler!!!

V

vxnova

If anybody saw the Arsenal vs. Chelsea game at Highbury on sunday then you would know that the talk of the game is the awful miss by Thiery Henry!!! He had the ball cutback to him with an open net from eight yards out and he blasted it over the top!!! Arsenal desperatley needed the win but Henry completely messed up.For all you Henry supporters out there this is just one more reason why he is certainly not the best striker in the world.

ps. I apologise for editing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who are you? Shevchenko's agent? Where's the footie mods when you need them? Somebody please lock this shit up.

I would understand if it was with his right foot, but it was his left.

Henry messed up?..ROFL, who was it that scored the the 2 goals for Arsenal?..yes, exactly, so think before you write.

kingpug said:
I would understand if it was with his right foot, but it was his left.

Henry messed up?..ROFL, who was it that scored the the 2 goals for Arsenal?..yes, exactly, so think before you write.
Exactly...if you noticed the replay on John Terry's goal from the corner....it was Henry whom was under him,the goon bottled it and didnt went up for the challenge...hahahaha...plus I dont think this thread is necessary.

If somebody would be singleminded/narrowminded/stupid enough it would be possible to make compilations of awfull misses by players like Pele, Maradonna, Cruijff, and yes even Shevchenko...

My dear friend from Los Angeles, there's a prejudice that enrages people like CSaunders. People with this prejudice claim that Americans know nothing about football...I think CSaunders will be very upset about your posting, because you confirm this prejudice...

Henry is a great player...

gerd said:
If somebody would be singleminded/narrowminded/stupid enough it would be possible to make compilations of awfull misses by players like Pele, Maradonna, Cruijff, and yes even Shevchenko...

My dear friend from Los Angeles, there's a prejudice that enrages people like CSaunders. People with this prejudice claim that Americans know nothing about football...I think CSaunders will be very upset about your posting, because you confirm this prejudice...

Henry is a great player...

Well said my friend

Just cuz Henry scored twice, it doesn't change the fact that he messed up a perfect chance.
And we drew because of a great goal which is couldn't really be stopped, very similar to your loss to Liverpool.

RuneEdge said:
Just cuz Henry scored twice, it doesn't change the fact that he messed up a perfect chance.
And we drew because of a great goal which is couldn't really be stopped, very similar to your loss to Liverpool.

Fair enough...

I just thought it was funny that he decided to acuse Henry of 'bottling it' when his team have just squandered a perfect opportunity to close the yawning gap on the top two.

Pot calling the kettle black? :D

yes henry was the only reason arsenal didnt lose, however a part of me does think, HOLY SHIT, how did he miss that.. will that shot define his career? I doubt it. Will that shot fuck him up mentally? Im sure it will, rooney missed a sitter of a pass last night to alan smith to go up 2-0. but instead he roofed it over the net.... now that wasnt as a blatant miss as henrys, but then again rooney had zero goals, in a game just as important..... Now on another note, henry has missed sitters like these before, especially with his head, see euro 2004 against greece, is this a developing patern in his game? maybe, if so, then we can keep critizing him for his big game misses, if this is an anomoly then we are dumb for saying he is a choker, from my experiences i have seen mr henry miss easy chances on more then one occasion.....

Any more howlers to mention? I say, we have Cahill's from last weekend (still trying to erase result from memory) and from distant memory, how can I forget Ronnie "Rocket" Rosenthal's against Aston Villa in the early 90's? What is your teams worst blooper in the last 20 years?

You all might think that Americans know nothing about soccer but alot us actually know a great deal about what goes on in the soccer world (even though we only have two channels that show games on a daily basis).Henry scored an amazing goal in the first minute of the game and another from a free kick which was very fair and well taken by him.But when it comes to clutch moments in which a goal needs to be scored for his team Henry almost always never rises to the occasion.He has certainly let down France many times and last season Arsenal were so dominant in the EPL that there was no pressure on Henry rise to the occasion.We will just see how the rest of the season turns out for Arsenal, especially the Champions League.

vxnova said:
You all might think that Americans know nothing about soccer but alot us actually know a great deal about what goes on in the soccer world (even though we only have two channels that show games on a daily basis).Henry scored an amazing goal in the first minute of the game and another from a free kick which was very fair and well taken by him.But when it comes to clutch moments in which a goal needs to be scored for his team Henry almost always never rises to the occasion.He has certainly let down France many times and last season Arsenal were so dominant in the EPL that there was no pressure on Henry rise to the occasion.We will just see how the rest of the season turns out for Arsenal, especially the Champions League.
I agreed that you said Henry might not be a "big game player", but by saying that he's not the best striker in the world is definitely a foolish thing to say. Can i ask you who you think is the best striker in the world since you know so much about soccer?

winning886 said:
I agreed that you said Henry might not be a "big game player", but by saying that he's not the best striker in the world is definitely a foolish thing to say. Can i ask you who you think is the best striker in the world since you know so much about soccer?
I personally would take Shevy, Adriano,or a healthy Ronaldo over henry....

Henry can miss chances like that because we all know he is a good player after all

Don Domenico said:
It's a ridiculous and provoking thread.
says who. you, yoru full of shit dude, you think ronaldo sucks, and i think your full of shit when you say that, but if i was a mod, i wouldnt edit your thread and put "im a wanker" , its a dick move in any thread. plain and simple DICK

Why is he even a moderator anyway? Mods are supposed to set a good example but come on, editing a person's post because you think it's provoking? :rolleyes:

Ashed said:
come on, editing a person's post because you think it's provoking? :rolleyes:

Yes, I said so, didn't I?

Creating one thread about one shot by henry, after all those shevchenko vs henry discussions is what I call provocotive.

Don Domenico said:

Creating one thread about one shot by henry, after all those shevchenko vs henry discussions is what I call provocotive.
editing a users post with a immature comment, isnt provocotive.. please don, your being an ass

You're right. It was not the smartest thing to do, but removing it now would just be an act of cowardice.

If I could, I would've locked this thread from the begining to be honest.

Don Domenico said:
You're right. It was not the smartest thing to do, but removing it now would just be an act of cowardice.

If I could, I would've locked this thread from the begining to be honest.
not cowardice don, inteligence.... a true man can admit he is wrong and show it

Don Domenico said:

It may have just been one missed shot by Henry but if he had scored Arsenal would just be two points behind Chelsea instead of five.

csaunders said:
not cowardice don, inteligence.... a true man can admit he is wrong and show it

Well you're the main protester to my action, so if you say so.

vxnova said:
It may have just been one missed shot by Henry but if he had scored Arsenal would just be two points behind Chelsea instead of five.

Ever seen the Arsenal and/or Chelsea thread. If you would've made a thread about the match itself, I probably wouldn't have been bothered. You made a thread about ONE MISS.

Don Domenico said:
Well you're the main protester to my action, so if you say so.

Ever seen the Arsenal and/or Chelsea thread. If you would've made a thread about the match itself, I probably wouldn't have been bothered. You made a thread about ONE MISS.
nice job don!!! your a good fellow

Back
Top Bottom