High through ball - Finally!!!!!

Sounds good. I'll give it a try.

Now for someone to rant at nokami to allow us to do first time (before the player controls the ball) :l1: + :triangle: and :l1: + :circle: passes without the L1 making it change to a different player and ruining everything :lmao:

Zygalski said:
Sounds good. I'll give it a try.

Now for someone to rant at nokami to allow us to do first time (before the player controls the ball) :l1: + :triangle: and :l1: + :circle: passes without the L1 making it change to a different player and ruining everything :lmao:

sometimes the cursor changes when you are running in the wing and pushing the ball farther alil bit by tapping the direction button twice to do a cross with L1

i wonder why seabass doesn't talk about those stuff in his interviews

XXX2 said:
sometimes the cursor changes when you are running in the wing and pushing the ball farther alil bit by tapping the direction button twice to do a cross with L1

i wonder why seabass doesn't talk about those stuff in his interviews

yeah, that happens to me sometimes aswell. But I suppose it has to be in, in order to give us more control over players? You know, to make it less scripted.

I have tested Drekkard's method yesterday and i have to say that he is right. I tried holding L1 a while before tapping triangle and it actuallly worked. I had never managed to score after execution a high through ball through te center. Now I scored two in three matches! It is still no way as easy as it was in PES4. The combinaition of timing, body position, position of passer and receiver and also passing skills is crucial but now (when holding L1 longer) you actually have a much greater chance of succes, as there is a lesser amount of power (and height) on the pass.

I think Drekkard deserves a compliment for sharing this information with us. He could have kept it for himself you know.

I think I do see a change now as well, I agree the there is often less power and especially height on these passes, and I scored a nice one through the center as you did. Got to test some more, but it's definitely worth checking it out! Nice tip drekkard, even if some don't seem to get it at all. ;)

I was holding in :l1: for longer after the pass, maybe sub-consciously I was holding it in beforehand for longer too. It seemed to work great, but I'm like Ike I'll need to test it some more as there are many things in WE that I used to tell myself 'helped' but was never 100% sure about ;).

Cant belive some people didnt know about something basic in WE like this, no wonder you like WE9 so much

What are you on about.
There is a big thread about this new high through ball and nobody mentioned this in there.

Only when someone figures it out, some of you are saying:
"cant believe you didnt know this"

just bullshit

*great tip by the way and it works!

Please read.

Everyone knows about :l1: + :triangle: giving a high-through ball, it's not what is being talked about in this topic. In WE9, the high-through pass is too powerful and hit too hard, Drekkard is saying by holding in :l1: for a longer period of time the pass is more accurate.

:roll:

lol, i am not talking about the chip, i mean do you guys ever dribble with the L1? or know what dose L1 do in t this game?

XXX2 I see you are talking about the pressing of :l1: changing control of your player when you don't want it to, but why did you say "Cant belive some people didnt know about something basic in WE like this, no wonder you like WE9 so much", what has that got to do with anything :eh: ?

This has nothing to do about changing the cursor, what i am talking about is the effectiveness of L1 when attacking

lost you? i dont get it..

isnt this what you said?

ClassicD said:
Please read.

Everyone knows about :l1: + :triangle: giving a high-through ball, it's not what is being talked about in this topic. In WE9, the high-through pass is too powerful and hit too hard, Drekkard is saying by holding in :l1: for a longer period of time the pass is more accurate.

:roll:

:roll: and to answer your question

but why did you say "Cant belive some people didnt know about something basic in WE like this, no wonder you like WE9 so much", what has that got to do with anything ?

Because if people knew the importance of the L1 in all WINNING ELEVEN series, they would never play WE9 again, because the L1 dribbling (one of the basics things in Winning eleven) have been removed, they removed it because of the PSP, and if people didn't realize this, that means they actually weren't playing winning eleven or know what this game is all about..

Sorry I'm still lost.

This topic was about the high-through pass, and the changing man accidentally was mentioned too. Why are you talking about something completely different?

XXX2 said:
Because if people knew the importance of the L1 in all WINNING ELEVEN series, they would never play WE9 again, because the L1 dribbling (one of the basics things in Winning eleven) have been removed, they removed it because of the PSP, and if people didn't realize this, that means they actually weren't playing winning eleven or know what this game is all about..
The L1 (uber slow) dribbling was taken out for WE7 I think. Players would keep moving if you let go of the direction they were travelling in instead of stopping. This, however, has no relevance to this thread and has nothing to do with the PSP version.

Please can we keep this thread about the original topic?

drekkard said:
1. One of every 4 passes is wrong in direction, so it's impossible to attack properly by doing passes.

2. Besides, there are some teams that magically score 1 out of every 2 corners.

1. cant confirm that. pass play works fine for me! especially when holding [X] for longer, i am able to run some nice attacks over the outside.

2. since i play we9 a only got 3 - 6 goals after a corner by the cpu. so this seems ok to me! maybe u arent the best in defending after corner kick.

drekkard, I haven't had the time to test it yet, but a few people say they have tested it and it works. So once again, I will say congrats.

Btw, whoever brought it up, L1 dribbling was removed AGES ago.

This topic was about the high-through pass, and the changing man accidentally was mentioned too. Why are you talking about something completely different?

This topic isn't about the high through pass, actually its about pressing the L1 before you do the high through pass, right? if it is right, then why do think we are talking about something COMPLELETY different? i was and i am still talking about the effectiveness of L1 in this game, so i am basically talking about the same thing...:roll:

Mart said:
The L1 (uber slow) dribbling was taken out for WE7 I think. Players would keep moving if you let go of the direction they were travelling in instead of stopping. This, however, has no relevance to this thread and has nothing to do with the PSP version.

Please can we keep this thread about the original topic?

LoL, you thought the L1 dribble is only used for the slow dribbling? you can you L1 even when running with R1 :roll:

Please play winning eleven more.

XXX2 said:
This topic isn't about the high through pass, actually its about pressing the L1 before you do the high through pass, right? if it is right, then why do think we are talking about something COMPLELETY different? i was and i am still talking about the effectiveness of L1 in this game, so i am basically talking about the same thing...:roll:

LoL, you thought the L1 dribble is only used for the slow dribbling? you can you L1 even when running with R1 :roll:

Please play winning eleven more.

Don`t be a lamer and act like your the we9 king. Cause you ain`t all that. Most of the players here are REAL we9/pes lovers! And trust me most of them know all the tricks and moves!

I gold plated my L1 button, because its the awesomest button for WE and you must play like a filthy amateur without using it at all times, for everything. Even during sub animations and half time highlights.

How can you live without it?!

Elite said:
Don`t be a lamer and act like your the we9 king. Cause you ain`t all that. Most of the players here are REAL we9/pes lovers! And trust me most of them know all the tricks and moves!

why did you call me names? could you tell me a lamer if i saw you in real life? would you actually dare? or you just feel that u r something cuz u can call me names with your keyboard? loser

and by the way u r wrong, i am winning eleven king but no in we9, because this game is shit :)

Elite you really should change your name to beginner

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom